Favour Aire transferring

We are making points only in extremes and absolutes. “We can’t compete when the other team has or builds around size” is disproven by looking at some of the very teams that we beat the last two years that do that. If the argument is that your opinion is we have a better chance at a natty if we have multiple big men, then fine. But to say we can’t compete is absurd
Yes. The discussion is about having the size to matchup with the elites, bc that’s what has ended our season the past two years. Nobody said we can’t compete. E8 and F4 in back to back years proves we can. But to take the next step, which is a National Title, is an extreme. So it’s necessary to talk like this. You have to have size and/or the depth to deal with all kinds of other rosters.

Advertisement
I also think the NBA has put such a premium on shooting that it's hard to see a pathway to the pros for the old-fashioned down-low bruiser.
I agree. But that's not what elite bigs are anymore. HOWEVER he has the ability to change the game inside or out. He can stretch the floor and has great vision to involve his teammates. Wait till u see nephews game at the next level.

Yes. The discussion is about having the size to matchup with the elites, bc that’s what has ended our season the past two years. Nobody said we can’t compete. E8 and F4 in back to back years proves we can. But to take the next step, which is a National Title, is an extreme. So it’s necessary to talk like this. You have to have size and/or the depth to deal with all kinds of other rosters.

This is deterministic thinking.

If you can get to the Final 4, you can win a national title.

We had to beat 3 top ~5 teams to win a title. We only beat 2. It happens.

This is deterministic thinking.

If you can get to the Final 4, you can win a national title.

We had to beat 3 top ~5 teams to win a title. We only beat 2. It happens.
Every tourney is luck of the draw. We got the short end of that stick this year. But it doesn’t change what I said. It’s still a fact.

Every tourney is luck of the draw. We got the short end of that stick this year. But it doesn’t change what I said. It’s still a fact.

Of course it does...

You said it's "necessary". Had Houston knocked out Connecticut - which would not have been an upset - and we had then played Houston in the F4 instead of the S16, we may have been national champions. So, no, it's not "necessary".

The notion that we're just not a national title caliber team and need to reinvent ourselves in the offseason is ridiculous. We were on the doorstep this year. Like every other team in the country, we need to have a good offseason.

I think most of you are just bored and are playing wannabe GM. We're going to add some pieces, and at least one of them will be an interior player. We don't need an overhaul.

Advertisement
There's a very active (and somewhat concerning) thread in the football forum about Ruiz and LifeWallet's financial(stock and profit) woes. Anyone else think that "situation" could potentially be related to all the "exits"? Some still think Ruiz may not represent the vast majority of NIL funding, but others aren't so sure, and I find it hard to believe anything other than Money Talks, No-NIL Walks.

I think the three exits thus far were probably not priorities to keep.

Right now Ruiz basically is the funding for basketball NIL. There is concern about how much more he is willing to do (mostly because of his football commitments).

With Miami having been branded as the face of college basketball NIL, the guys all want to get paid. And it’s gonna take a lot more than Ruiz to make that happen.

On the positive, there’s lots of interest in hoops amongst the bigwigs and Miami is a scalding hot program and destination.

No. Just you.
def not true:
1680738515939.png

Of course it does...

You said it's "necessary". Had Houston knocked out Connecticut - which would not have been an upset - and we had then played Houston in the F4 instead of the S16, we may have been national champions. So, no, it's not "necessary".

The notion that we're just not a national title caliber team and need to reinvent ourselves in the offseason is ridiculous. We were on the doorstep this year. Like every other team in the country, we need to have a good offseason.

I think most of you are just bored and are playing wannabe GM. We're going to add some pieces, and at least one of them will be an interior player. We don't need an overhaul.
Not a single person said this team needs an overhaul. Everybody is saying we need depth to help Omier. Preferably somebody 6’9 or taller.

And I said every tourney is the luck of the draw and we got the tough one. So saying if we didn’t have to play UCONN we might’ve won, is like Purdue saying if they didn’t have to play FDU they might’ve won. Any team can say that. It’s not a valid argument. You get what you get.

Not a single person said this team needs an overhaul. Everybody is saying we need depth to help Omier. Preferably somebody 6’9 or taller.

And I said every tourney is the luck of the draw and we got the tough one. So saying if we didn’t have to play UCONN we might’ve won, is like Purdue saying if they didn’t have to play FDU they might’ve won. Any team can say that. It’s not a valid argument. You get what you get.

I guess you haven't read this thread then.

Posters are saying we have no idea how to develop bigs, that we've mismanaged the roster, that we've hit our ceiling, etc.

Advertisement
I guess you haven't read this thread then.

Posters are saying we have no idea how to develop bigs, that we've mismanaged the roster, that we've hit our ceiling, etc.
There’s a big difference in saying the team needs an overhaul, than what’s been said in here. We do need to develop or get more bigs.

Any chance he comes back?

Only transfer without a new school
He would be best served to stay put. We talk about Tonye, but he gave us 6 to 7 minutes per game his freshman season on an ACC championship team. Ebuka was much more a work in progress, but he contributed his sophomore and junior seasons on 2 tournament teams. Favour needs an off season in the weight room. He can give us some time this year if he works hard. He is 6'11" and long.

Advertisement
He would be best served to stay put. We talk about Tonye, but he gave us 6 to 7 minutes per game his freshman season on an ACC championship team. Ebuka was much more a work in progress, but he contributed his sophomore and junior seasons on 2 tournament teams. Favour needs an off season in the weight room. He can give us some time this year if he works hard. He is 6'11" and long.
I would love to have Aire back. And unless he transfers to a smaller school, he’s not ready for significant PT anywhere he goes. I think he’d be best suited staying here and developing under L and his staff.

I would love to have Aire back. And unless he transfers to a smaller school, he’s not ready for significant PT anywhere he goes. I think he’d be best suited staying here and developing under L and his staff.
Plus, Miami has a history of being patient with developmental big men, too. Tonye and Ebuka have had good overseas pro careers.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back