Favorite Non-Football Orange Bowl Memory

sneaking in the sold out FSU game

Stealing the 25x 25x Miami Hurricane banner on the wall behind Dennis Erickson after his press conference after whipping Houston run&shoot

storming the field after the win against UCLA

Hitting the refs with oranges after the win cause we were going to the OB

the "I spoo on FSU" shirts with the IBIS *********ing on the indian mid 80's

Warren Sapp coming over and talking to us after warm ups

Advertisement
sneaking in the sold out FSU game

Stealing the 25x 25x Miami Hurricane banner on the wall behind Dennis Erickson after his press conference after whipping Houston run&shoot

storming the field after the win against UCLA

Hitting the refs with oranges after the win cause we were going to the OB

the "I spoo on FSU" shirts with the IBIS *********ing on the indian mid 80's

Warren Sapp coming over and talking to us after warm ups
@Headhunter there might be some Miami Cops still looking for you. Stay away from the area!!

Figures my first Miami home game is FSU the year after orange bowl shut down. Never experienced rain like that.

Too many concerts to list them all....

Bruce Springsteen, The Police, The Jacksons, Rolling Stones, Jimmy Buffet, The Commodores...

Speaking of old stadia, how about Miami Stadium where the Orioles played Spring ball? Tons of concerts...

Advertisement
8th grade Rocketry Club event where 2 participants suffered burns from 2 D engines that malfunctioned and went up in flames. Awesome ****.

All of it man.

That place was the best party, concert and game anyone's ever been to all rolled up into one.

There will never be another experience, ever, like the OB.

When I was young my father took me to a Millonarios- Boca Juniors soccer game at the OB.
There were crazy Argentinians with a banner dancing and singing in front of us and I thought they were crazy.
Little did I know in the future I would become crazy like them about Soccer and about the Canes.

Not to hi-jack, but I remember after one of the Monsters of Rock shows at Miami Stadium the grounds crew talking about all the weed that sprouted in the outfield due to people dropping seeds during the show.

Advertisement
The old Miami Baseball Stadium was fenced in. 2 of my uncles used to park cars there for extra cash. I'd go with them and shag baseballs in the parking lots. Got .25 cents for every baseball I got. Local kids would cut holes in the fence and try to outrun me to the balls. I'd have to run my *** off to get the balls before they did! I wasn't going to let them beat me out of my quarter!

Too many concerts to list them all....

Bruce Springsteen, The Police, The Jacksons, Rolling Stones, Jimmy Buffet, The Commodores...

Speaking of old stadia, how about Miami Stadium where the Orioles played Spring ball? Tons of concerts...
Some concert tickets of mine from the 70s....including Pink Floyd at Miami BB Stadium
11212631_10206817665748222_2122684896131930578_o.jpg

Some concert tickets of mine from the 70s....including Pink Floyd at Miami BB StadiumView attachment 62664
Cellar Door - haven't heard that name in years! They promoted some iconic concerts in the 70's in SoFlo.

My father was the Stadiums Manager for the City of Miami (Orange Bowl and Miami Stadium) from 1960 to 1979. He hated when they had concerts at Miami Stadium - or the OB for that matter. He said they left his crew and him a hellava mess that took days to clean up! LOL

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not mine, but when the Gators were, *cough*....PLAYING US EVERY YEAR, my stepdad told me the story of an idiot that thought he could wear a Gators jersey in the West End Zone.

Three guys dressed in orange and green forcibly removed the jersey into shreads and threw it on the field, much to the delight of the fans.

You didn't ***** around back in those days.

First time there was September of '78. You could sit just about anywhere you wanted to.
My first thought was... THIS is the Orange Bowl???

I didn't know that I'd eventually fall in love with that place for decades.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back