Fau vs bcu

It would be concerning except for one thing... Kiffin got to watch the UM game tape and game plan for Bethune. Miami, on the other hand, was already looking forward, knowing full well we could beat Bethune with our backups.

That being said, I hated our performance against BCC. We need to focus on every team, every week, or it will bite us in the butt. I'm ready for Toledo so we can get that Bethune stink out of our mouths.

See, this post hit the nail on the head.

Miami treated the opener against B-CC as a tuneup. Kiffin treated it like the Super Bowl. While he will never admit it, he had the chance to play a UM common opponent and show us up. When Kiffin is interviewing for better jobs in 3 months, you can **** sure bet that the little weasel will "casually" mention how FAU beat B-CC by a bigger margin than UM beat B-CC.

And we keep wondering how that little ****stain keeps failing through more and more head coaching jobs...

Advertisement
I hear a lot of excuses in this thread. I was at the BCC game and we sucked!!! It's not that hard to admit it. Kudos to [MENTION=1740]brock[/MENTION] for having the balls to say it. We had posters saying that we had the best Dline in the nation. Lol

I agree 1000%. Our defense sucks and until proven otherwise.

I don't think our defense sucks I think the game plan by Diaz sucked. You put the best 11 on the field to play. Stop with all that rotating players in and out. Some of our players wasn't even lined up correctly during the BCC game.
Fully agree

I hear a lot of excuses in this thread. I was at the BCC game and we sucked!!! It's not that hard to admit it. Kudos to [MENTION=1740]brock[/MENTION] for having the balls to say it. We had posters saying that we had the best Dline in the nation. Lol

I agree 1000%. Our defense sucks and until proven otherwise.

I don't think our defense sucks I think the game plan by Diaz sucked. You put the best 11 on the field to play. Stop with all that rotating players in and out. Some of our players wasn't even lined up correctly during the BCC game.
I am not going to even bail them out with excuses. They suck and need to prove on the field that they are a good defense. Come Saturday, we will see what we have as far a defensive unit. Giving up over that many yards to BCC is not only disappointing but flat out disrespectful.

Am I worried? Honestly, I am kind of a little bit. But other half of me is saying it was just one game so don't trip. So over all I think the defense will be fine.

I am more concerned about the offense tho. I would like to see a high powered scoring machine this season.

Considering the OP was praising Dnofrios defense during the first few games of Golden's last season...he may have some credibility issues.
As far as the Defense goes a one game sample is not an indication of future performance. Positive or negative.

If you can convince me that our intensity level will be the same for the rest of our games as it was for BCU, then I'd be worried.
I'm not worried.

Advertisement
This wasn't FAU opening game of the season like it was for the Canes it was FAU's 3rd game and well they were more than prepared to destroy this BCU team and they were also winless so they needed this game badly, they previously played and got whooped against Wisconsin and Navy so two way different situations for Miami and FAU cant compare.

This is concerning to me. Diaz and the defense got to step it up next weekend. There was no reason for that type of performance against bcu and then fau goes out and performs like this..
[TWEET]909233665246457856[/TWEET]
Fau defense pitched a shut out and gave up less than 120 yards total on them....

I'm one of the more positive canes on the site, just keeping it real right here though

Brock I think everyone would agree that UM did not play that well especially defensively in week 1. I get the point you are trying to make here, that Bethune Cookman is trash (I assume you are not implying FAU is better than Miami) and that our opening week performance should be of concern, and I am pretty sure that has been a prevalent theme on the board since that game.

This is concerning to me. Diaz and the defense got to step it up next weekend. There was no reason for that type of performance against bcu and then fau goes out and performs like this..
Fau defense pitched a shut out and gave up less than 120 yards total on them....

I'm one of the more positive canes on the site, just keeping it real right here though

Brock I think everyone would agree that UM did not play that well especially defensively in week 1. I get the point you are trying to make here, that Bethune Cookman is trash (I assume you are not implying FAU is better than Miami) and that our opening week performance should be of concern, and I am pretty sure that has been a prevalent theme on the board since that game.

Yeah of course I don't think fau is better than Miami or anywhere near. All I'm saying considering how well we played last year especially towards the end while returning our entire front 7 it was just concerning to me how we played like that. Didn't attempt to adjust our dbs to man up on the receivers instead allowed them to keep playing back leaving wide open lanes for their receivers to get yards. The dline was neutralized because someone was always open because they were getting the ball out fast.

Advertisement

Yeah of course I don't think fau is better than Miami or anywhere near. All I'm saying considering how well we played last year especially towards the end while returning our entire front 7 it was just concerning to me how we played like that. Didn't attempt to adjust our dbs to man up on the receivers instead allowed them to keep playing back leaving wide open lanes for their receivers to get yards. The dline was neutralized because someone was always open because they were getting the ball out fast.

Brock, Colorado St scored 3 pts vs Colorado. They just scored 23 vs Bama. Using your logic, Bama's defense must really suck. You should probably let all the Bama fans know.

Using the transitive property like you're doing is dumb as **** for college football.

My guess is Lane Kiffin threw the kitchen sink at Bethune Cookman. Now his whole playbook is exposed for the rest of his schedule. Let's see how that plays out this season.

So he withheld the kitchen sink against Wisconsin and waited to unleash it against Bethune Cookman?

I will say this.....I think Demetrius Jackson or Trent Harris should be playing at WDE on obvious running downs against most teams, especially run heavy opponents.

Advertisement
I will say this.....I think Demetrius Jackson or Trent Harris should be playing at WDE on obvious running downs against most teams, especially run heavy opponents.

Instead of Joe Jackson?

Lol. Joe is an absolute physical freak and more than capable of being a 3 down DE.

Brock, Colorado St scored 3 pts vs Colorado. They just scored 23 vs Bama. Using your logic, Bama's defense must really suck. You should probably let all the Bama fans know.

Using the transitive property like you're doing is dumb as **** for college football.

Brock where's your response?

I guess you admit you can compare Miami and FAU vs the same opponent, but god forbid somebody show you how dumb your "concern" is when it looks bad for Bama

Advertisement

Brock where's your response?

I guess you admit you can compare Miami and FAU vs the same opponent, but god forbid somebody show you how dumb your "concern" is when it looks bad for Bama

Just going off of common oppenent but point taken. I usually agree with most of your posts on here so I respect it

Is the attention really worth it OP?

You look ridiculous

Attention? I don't care about none of that. I'm going to keep it like it is I was highly unsatisfied with how we played week 1 on defense. I'll take the advice though some of you all have been giving. My bad man just was pointing out a concern. Hopefully our defense performs great on Saturday

Is the attention really worth it OP?

You look ridiculous

Attention? I don't care about none of that. I'm going to keep it like it is I was highly unsatisfied with how we played week 1 on defense. I'll take the advice though some of you all have been giving. My bad man just was pointing out a concern. Hopefully our defense performs great on Saturday

giphy.gif

Instead of Joe Jackson?

Lol. Joe is an absolute physical freak and more than capable of being a 3 down DE.

Yes, instead of Joe Jackson. He is definitely a beast in pass rush. We are deep at WDE, so why not use that depth to our advantage? When I rewatched the game, I cringed a couple times watching Joe Jackson on run defense. I think all of those guys are great, but Joe still needs to improve on that part of his game

Advertisement
Back