FAU (Game 1) 6pm ACCNX

Advertisement
Advertisement
Fed should get nervous if Garland keeps pitching like this
Love the guy but Fed should have no chance to even get nervous, should already know he’s best suited for the pen

I still don’t think this will be an ongoing thing, but credit that you’ve been suggesting it since the fall
I saw ADC catch last year and it’s not pro ready level. He’s not good enough back there to sacrifice his bat. Which it does. And we’re talking about his draft year after getting his second year taken away. It’s just a lot on a kid who was clearly pressing.

Advertisement
It's a long season and it's early. In an ideal world, he can hit at C as well as he does at DH/OF. That would be best both for the team and for the kid personally. I think it makes sense to give him a few weeks (maybe even a couple of months) to try to figure out how to make it work, even if it costs us a few games in March. That'll be a different story come May.
I’m all for him catching twice a week, once he gets his bat going. He should never catch on weekdays and never all 3 games of a series.

We’re also talking about a DH position that he can fill, that we’ve gotten zero out of so far. Win/win

Garland has impressed me tonight. He doesn’t have electric stuff but he’s worked quick and has gotten plenty of ground balls. That’s exactly what you want out of a midweek game

Advertisement
I’m all for him catching twice a week, once he gets his bat going. He should never catch on weekdays and never all 3 games of a series.

We’re also talking about a DH position that he can fill, that we’ve gotten zero out of so far. Win/win
Yep. If there were hot bats to get in the lineup, you may catch him the whole series, but have to balance him/it out.

Advertisement
Yep. If there were hot bats to get in the lineup, you may catch him the whole series, but have to balance him/it out.
Agreed that’s my only thing. If Kaifus hits and Perez doesn’t you might not have a choice but to go with Toral/Gil or someone else if they heat up.

Advertisement
Back