Fate of the coaching staff.

The post-GT winning streak teased some of us as ‘turning the corner’ but last night Manny prove he is not capable of doing his job. The program needs new outside blood.

LOL why in the **** would u think beating the worst FSU team in history and two middling ACC nobodies was indicative of anything?

Advertisement
It appears Manny will have next year to prove himself. What he does at the conclusion of the season will be interesting. Does he think Enos can improve in year 2 with more experience or does he cut bait and hope he brings in someone that can turn the O around. Baker is running his D so not sure what he will do there. Baker can’t call a game for his life but is running Mannys D.
This is in no way giving him Manny my vote to stay but rather posing what will he do bc I don’t believe we will have the nuts to fire him.

It appears Manny will have next year to prove himself. What he does at the conclusion of the season will be interesting. Does he think Enos can improve in year 2 with more experience or does he cut bait and hope he brings in someone that can turn the O around. Baker is running his D so not sure what he will do there. Baker can’t call a game for his life but is running Mannys D.
This is in no way giving him Manny my vote to stay but rather posing what will he do bc I don’t believe we will have the nuts to fire him.

Been saying this the UNC loss, if Diaz doesn't make changes after this season then he is stubborn like the past two coaches and truly doesn't give a **** about the program

There is no way to justify being the worst ranked 3rd down team in the NCAA
There is no way to justify constantly being beat on 3rd down on defense to the simplest of plays

Been saying this the UNC loss, if Diaz doesn't make changes after this season then he is stubborn like the past two coaches and truly doesn't give a **** about the program

There is no way to justify constantly being beat on 3rd down on defense to the simplest of plays

Diaz cleanse house on the O staff sighting unacceptable performance across the board which was true. Will he hold the staff he hand picked to the same standard?
Not only that, he mentioned the locker was split and he doesn’t want that mentality. Yet, he goes and makes that O overhaul which shows he was part of the problem.

Such a bad hire. A complete overhaul should have been done which means not hiring Manny in the first place.

if your HC needs to fire both coordinators after one season, then the HC is the problem and needs to be removed.

anything else is bull****.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I honestly will be rooting for 6-7 this year, and 0-12 next year. Just to get Manny fired.

The problem is not that the kids do not have fire. This is an execution error. There is something not going on in practice and meetings that is getting missed on most levels. I have seen teams go through a lot of plays just to run a lot of plays in practice but not one time was practice stopped to coach and teach if a play was not run right.

Also just guessing here, our scout team is not being allowed to really play in practice. Some teams just again want a scout team to run robotically through and not give true effort in practice.
Reporter: What about your offenses’ execution?
Coach: I’d be in favor of it.

You mean the center hitting the WR in the *** with the ball as he goes in motion isn’t designed? Well, f@ck me, I thought it was brilliant misdirection.

For those of us wanting some changes sooner than later last night's loss was actually a blessing. No other way to spin this. "Rebuilding" excuse flies out the window. There may not be wholesale types of changes but there will be some sacrificial lambs. If the recruiting class starts to fall apart, I suspect there will be more heads, and Manny would not be exempt either.

As far as Blake is concerned, not sure who has sway to can him. Who on the board with the financial pull has enough to do this? My understanding the Manny hire had most of their blessings. Who would be the lone wolf to make that call? Does Frenk have enough Zapata in him?

Advertisement
Why does anyone in here speak in absolutes? I would say money talks. If you believe richt was forced into retirement like I do, why is it so hard to believe diaz could be fired this year? Before richt you all complain about facilities and not paying coaches. Well, they backed up their brinks truck they just did it for a guy on the brink of retirement. With manny, what makes you think a firing isn’t being discussed? Cause you believe everything Blake James says? He’s not even the shot caller! Manny can’t come back from this. I’d have trouble believing he’s the coach after next week.
Why is it so hard to believe? Because even if it happened, they'd still fvck it up. Look at the one hire that there was widespread optimism about. How great was Richt?

Any staff changes is just putting awful lipstick on a pig. There is no saving this **** show. Nobody we replace current staffers with will be good. No good assistants are coming to work for Manny who is just a dead man walking until the inevitable firing.

I think Blake James gets fired pretty soon
Manny will get to replace Offensive staff

Best case scenario is USCw fires Helton and we grab Graham Harrell and that offense

Advertisement
I think Blake James gets fired pretty soon
Manny will get to replace Offensive staff

Best case scenario is USCw fires Helton and we grab Graham Harrell and that offense

Agree. They can’t make any change without making that one first.

Coaches that need to go and why... All of them realistically, but if we were to break it down

Offense

Enos - Hardo with a putrid system and game management skills/adjustments. We've somehow gotten worse under this guy

Barry - OL has improved these last few games, but guy wifed on 4-5 top OL in SoFla

Field - I thought he was an "ace recruiter". Guy hasn't landed anyone

Hickson - Seems solid and can stay

Stubbs - WRs have been ok, more of a victim of Enos's play-calling, But Stubbs has missed a ton of top SoFla WR talent (Jones-Bell, Rosemy, Henderson, Fleming, etc.)

Defense -

Baker - Louisiana ties (hmm how many guys have we landed from Louisiana this year). Also, defense has gotten way worse and Manny had to "step in" mid season

Patke - Laughable this guy is a D1 Power 5 coach.

Rumph - couldn't recruit Michael Irvin to come to Miami if he tried. Embarrassing depth, and lack of speed at CB

Banda - Gets walked all over every year by the top DB/S recruits in SoFla

Stroud - Like him, he can stay

O and then there's Manny - His job now is to be the CEO, and he has failed miserable. Guy spends too much time designing chains/rings, and letting his players dance on the sideline when we're down 13-0 to FIU. Get his used car salesmen gimmicks out of here

My opinion is that everyone had saved their jobs until last night. I think now it is a 50/50 chance Blake James, Blake Baker, and Enos are all fired or some combination of them.

I just dont see them firing Manny after one year.

I do believe it is 100% certain that not everyone survives this.

Enos should be the first to be **** canned. He’s ******* awful. That game plan last night after two weeks of preparation is the worst I’ve ever seen, in all my years of watching college football. Absolutely inexcusable. They all need to go, Manny, Enos, Blake James, Barry. All of them.

Advertisement
Back