Fat Manny's new blog

Advertisement
It has said before and will be said again. the OOS kids respect and appreciate the U more that the local kids. And while we are not privy to all the information, we all know that 'games' are being played by everyone involved. Is beein said that we are not the program we used to be therefore we should put up with games being played, neither is Texas and others and their 2014 class will be closed by this summer. for this very reason i LOVE Duke. If you love the U then you do, if you dont then dont pretend like you do.

The coaches in S. Fla are not innocent either. they have been pimping these kids since pop warner and it continues in high school. what the incentive? "Exposure" for their program. Duke committed and shut it dow.n, did not even take all his visits if any at all. Thomas is a phenomenal talent and i agree and would love to have in this class, so is Kirland. But if you want to play the game then silent commit and get your time in the light. I dont think Golden made such a blunder when he is as calculated as he is. Ice is just mad that he messed it up for Kirkland now he has to shift the blame to the University.

Some feeder school you are when your best players refuse to commit for the local powerhouse.

Booker T the wrestler > Booker T the football program.

Star linebacker Matthew Thomas is still very much in play for the Canes. Harris assured me of that. UM coaches were with him last night in his home -- after they broke his teammate's heart. Thomas was shocked to hear what happened with Kirkland, Harris said. But he hasn't ruled the Canes out -- at least not as of noon Friday.

Then again, UM has never been the program at the top of Thomas' list. The way Harris Jr. explained it to me, Thomas didn't really care about Miami, didn't want to go there for most of the season. When Barrow or UM coaches would call him, Harris Jr. said, he wouldn't answer. It wasn't until Harris and his assistants urged him to open his ears and at least hear what UM had to offer that Thomas really began to listen. Florida State, they say, had always been Thomas' quiet leader. Now, USC is involved "and making a strong late push." Alabama has been in the mix, too.

Does UM really have a chance to get Thomas?

"Yeah they've got a chance," Harris Jr. said. "But it's not like Denver. We honestly don't know where he wants to go. It was FSU for a long time and now it's anybody's guess. I think we all feel like we're going to be surprised on Wednesday."

For Miami's sake, let's hope that surprise isn't like the one Kirkland got Thursday afternoon. That one stung.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umia...as-still-in-play-for-canes.html#storylink=cpy

That's pretty telling if true...some pipeline

If this is a pipeline, it's obvious UM needs a plumber

But seriously getting sick of hearing 'Uncle Ice' from 2Live Booker T

His attempt at being a martyr is pretty transparent...

Advertisement
Why is it that Manny is always first in line to report negative **** against the U???

I just doubt it. Why is a Miami kid so anti-miami
Sometimes you just need to talk things out.

Then again, UM has never been the program at the top of Thomas' list. The way Harris Jr. explained it to me, Thomas didn't really care about Miami, didn't want to go there for most of the season. When Barrow or UM coaches would call him, Harris Jr. said, he wouldn't answer. It wasn't until Harris and his assistants urged him to open his ears and at least hear what UM had to offer that Thomas really began to listen. Florida State, they say, had always been Thomas' quiet leader. Now, USC is involved "and making a strong late push." Alabama has been in the mix, too.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I may be remembering this incorrectly, but wasn't there a thread or some kind of statement by Kirkland that he would give a silent commitment on February 1st to let the other schools pursue other targets, then make it official on signing day?

I remember people saying how classy this was of him.

Its hard to believe that Thomas wanted nothing to do with us. Seems like the staff made a play and it has not worked out..... at all. This is not as bad as the USC thing with fits, but why would the staff approach anything like that so close to signing day especially considering it may have a negative impact towards the #1 target?

what Booker players in the last 10 years have we had that were studs ?? seriously I dont know of many??
as for overtown and the coaches....if I was at any other dade or miami school I would be laughing my *** off at ICE harris he got played by Golden the bigger dog, these other schools HATE Booker and ICE and his so called connections.

Booker players I know of

chavez Grant 2 ints in 37 games
Brandon Harris solid career nothing special last big name from booker NFL PLAYER
Antonio Dixon thru prep..NFL player
Davon Johnson started 5 games in 5 years
Theron Collier ??? left USC last I heard
Eduardo Clements...still doing well, ??

not to say they are not loaded for a few years, we all remember 07 when NW was a pipeline that we did land..that did not work out to well..

Advertisement
I don't know why you guys were shocked. FSU has been claiming all along he was a **** silent commit to them. Why are we acting so surprised.

Advertisement
I don't know why you guys were shocked. FSU has been claiming all along he was a **** silent commit to them. Why are we acting so surprised.

Because people didnt want to believe that a local kid whose family supposedly wanted him here would totally ignore us the way he did. But some of these kids are just like that. They want to be different, they want to ruffle feathers, and let themselves get sold a bill of goods by snake oil salesmen. Then there is also $$$.

Whatever the case, seemed clear to me something was very wrong with this kid for a while. What Harris Jr, told Manny makes PERFECT sense, and perfectly explains MTs behavior, the USC visit, and why he seemed to barely be giving us any serious consideration until he squeezed in that mid week visit.

Could Manny just report the facts and not editorialize everything? "Broke the kid's heart" "You can understand Ice Harris' frustration". Just write the **** story. No one actually cares what Manny thinks.

Lol @ "broke the kids heart".

Why was Kirkland heartbroken? According to him we were just one of the teams in his top 3. He still has 2 other schools to choose from that he apparently likes just as much as UM. Just choose one of those..

It's the same reason why you can call a girl a dozen times and she's only a little interested, but then you say "**** that" and start paying attention to her friend instead, and all the sudden the first girl wants you more than anything, and she didn't know why she didn't see it before, and ya ya ya.

Could Manny just report the facts and not editorialize everything? "Broke the kid's heart" "You can understand Ice Harris' frustration". Just write the **** story. No one actually cares what Manny thinks.

Lol @ "broke the kids heart".

Why was Kirkland heartbroken? According to him we were just one of the teams in his top 3. He still has 2 other schools to choose from that he apparently likes just as much as UM. Just choose one of those..

It's the same reason why you can call a girl a dozen times and she's only a little interested, but then you say "**** that" and start paying attention to her friend instead, and all the sudden the first girl wants you more than anything, and she didn't know why she didn't see it before, and ya ya ya.

OR, taking some of these rumors seriously for a moment, the coaches were under the impression Kirkland was going to give them an answer by Feb. 1st. Then they caught wind of some funny business, confronted him, told him they expected him to give his answer, and he started playing games, thus CONFIRMING to them that he may have been compromised by another school, and thus they walked away 1. to avoid any issues over any shady dealings, 2. because they needed his ship for another player, and 3. to avoid getting played and made a fool of on NSD. Golden doesnt like that sh*t, you can tell it bugs him.

Advertisement
Back