Fat Manny's new blog

Could Manny just report the facts and not editorialize everything? "Broke the kid's heart" "You can understand Ice Harris' frustration". Just write the **** story. No one actually cares what Manny thinks.

How did UM "brake his heart"? They offered him a $250,000 scholarship and he rejected.......so apparently they offered it to someone else. Again, how is that "braking his heart"?

Advertisement
Could Manny just report the facts and not editorialize everything? "Broke the kid's heart" "You can understand Ice Harris' frustration". Just write the **** story. No one actually cares what Manny thinks.

Lol @ "broke the kids heart".

Why was Kirkland heartbroken? According to him we were just one of the teams in his top 3. He still has 2 other schools to choose from that he apparently likes just as much as UM. Just choose one of those..

Maybe it's just me, but the first half of the story regarding Kirkland read as if Manny got all of his info from this board.

If Booker T is what Tim Jr. call's one of our pipeline schools, why aren't their top prospects already committed? I understand that Kirkland wanted to do the ESPN thing, but all he had to do was say "Barrow I'm coming. I'll announce for UM on Wednesday". He has no reason to be upset about this situation when we gave him the chance to commit.

Advertisement
Maybe it's just me, but the first half of the story regarding Kirkland read as if Manny got all of his info from this board.

Nope, EXACTLY what I was thinking too... funny how he even threw in the theories about Coley having insight into what went on with MTs recruitment at FSU..... pretty much EVERYTHING we discussed here was in his article other than the money rumors.

Nope, EXACTLY what I was thinking too... funny how he even threw in the theories about Coley having insight into what went on with MTs recruitment at FSU..... pretty much EVERYTHING we discussed here was in his article other than the money rumors.

That's the part that sealed it for me.

Advertisement
If Miami broke DK's heart as fat manny and Ice are saying then why didn't he just commit to Miami yesterday. Your heart is not broken unless that is truly where you want to be.

Fyi: When Manny says that he has heard something from one of his contacts he is actually referring to the recruiting forums of canesinsight, insidetheu, canesport, caneinsider and Grassy...

Hack guesswork + message board insights = modern-day journalism.

Advertisement
I don't feel bad for Kirkland. He had 300 plus days to decide to be a Cane and chose not to be. Good luck to him. If Canes step back and think about it, what we're hearing about Collins is consistent with his behavior. Sounds to me like he's headed to FSU based on that report.

Lol @ "broke the kids heart".

Why was Kirkland heartbroken? According to him we were just one of the teams in his top 3. He still has 2 other schools to choose from that he apparently likes just as much as UM. Just choose one of those..

Advertisement
We are your big pipeline school. I mean, I know our best player wanted noting to do with you and our distant second wasn't ready to commit 6 days before signing day. I am also aware he had given you a commitment date of Feb 1st which he didn't honor. But hey, we got you an uncommitted commitment even though he was unwilling to commit. He was practically in the bag! And I know we made Thomas keep his word and go to USC on your biggest recruiting weekend but break it this weekend for his Georgia trip. But we are your feeder school!

Even without be able to hear one word from Miami's end.

Last edited:
We are your big pipeline school. I mean, I know our best player wanted noting to do with you and our distant second wasn't ready to commit 6 days before signing day. I am also aware he had given you a commitment date of Feb 1st which he didn't honor. But hey, we got you an uncommitted commitment even though he was unwilling to commit. He was practically in the bag! And I know we made Thomas keep his word and go to USC on your biggest recruiting weekend but break it this weekend for his Georgia trip. But we are your feeder school!

Even without be able to hear one word from Miami's end.

Yep, these cats are full of sh*t up there. I really think Harris may have some issues with Golden over the Shannon firing. Im not going to talk a bunch of sh*t, because MAYBE they at least pushed MT to give us a look, sounds like he didnt even want to do that from the article.

Advertisement
Back