Fastest college football players in 2018

He's the fastest football player.

A few fellows have run faster, but they were track guys who didn't do anything in the NFL.

Hayes produced and is in the HOF.

When you consider that NFL HOFer, Bob Hayes, ran on a chewed up dirt track from lane 1 in Tokyo and still ran 10.06, he might be the fastest track athlete to ever play football.

Advertisement
Hines's nickname in the NFL was "oops".

He was obviously better at running than football.

I remember Jimmy Hines run a straight fly and beat the New York Jets corner by at least 10 yards. Bob Griese's pass hit him in stride 50 yards downfield. It looked like Griese handed him the ball. Of course Hines dropped it. Just an awful football player. The year was 1969. Thank goodness Miami picked up Paul Warfield during the off season.

He was at FSU for a cup of coffee.

As I'm sure you know, he played at Marshall but wanted to play at ND which is where he originally signed out of HS.

I dont know if i can agree with that. Bob hayes brought insane speed to the league at a time where it was almost unnatural. But randy moss the nfl completely changed rules for. He really was a freak of nature. Him being a semenhole i have trouble admitting that. But at a time when the league was full of insanely fast people HE WAS THE HNIC among them. His strides were so long you had no clue what was coming till he was gone...

I dont know if i can agree with that. Bob hayes brought insane speed to the league at a time where it was almost unnatural. But randy moss the nfl completely changed rules for. He really was a freak of nature. Him being a semenhole i have trouble admitting that. But at a time when the league was full of insanely fast people HE WAS THE HNIC among them. His strides were so long you had no clue what was coming till he was gone...

Randy Moss' track times in the 100 and 200 (for which he was West Virginia state champ) at age 15 (when he started to focus on other sports like football) are EERILY similar to Usain Bolt's at age 15 (when he started to focus on track and left soccer & other sports alone) in the world youth tournaments.

They have the same physique. Randy (6'4/210) at his peak was prolly a lil bigger than Usain (6'5/207), but otherwise similar physical profiles.

Randy picked track back up at Marshall and off of just 3 days of practice, won the Southern Conference indoor track championships 55 meters in 6.32 seconds and the 200 meters in 21.15--just .02 off the conference record.

I always get called insane for saying this, but I feel like if the stork (or Sebastian the Ibis) dropped Randy & Usain in each other's situations at birth, (one nation where track is king, the other where football is king) Randy would be the "Jamaican track god" and Usain would be the "greatest freak of nature the WR position has ever seen".

I think they are two of the most unique athletes of all time and its crazy how similar they are in many ways.

Advertisement
You can't possible be serious... moss is the reason the Tampa 2 exists
So??....The Prevent Defense was invented to keep Hayes from continuing to make a Mockery of every DB in the NFL.....Thats 100% Fact....If you honesty think the Cover2 was invented solely because of Moss...I honestly dont know what to tell you.

Agreed. I’ve followed Usain’s career since 2001 when he ran under 17 at CARIFTA and I believe that Randy Moss could have been as good. Everything about how Randy moves when running says it. Seriously special athlete.

I don’t think you’re insane at all.
We are insane together! lol

But I think for both Randy & Usain, being in places that they got the proper training for the career paths they followed really helped them. Even in the way they shaped their bodies.

Randy was a HS state champion and a college conference champion with almost no coaching or experience. His form was prolly terrible. Imagine him having 10 years focusing on just track and being coached by Jamaica's best track coaches.
Imagine Usain growing up like Randy did and having youth football experience and receiving the best football coaching in the world.

If you follow soccer, you've prolly seen how good Usain has looked in his tryout trials for Dortmund. That's after not playing soccer seriously since probably age 15.

They're just two guys who would excel at almost any sport with enough years of practice and proper coaching. Luckily we've gotten to see them both at their peak in almost the same time period.

Yes, I follow soccer and Usain’s delusion to play. LOL. But, his athletic ability is undeniable. He has IT. And, Moss has IT. Deion Sanders...IT.

I don’t know if you follow baseball but sometimes you can tell big leaguers just by LISTENING to how they make contact with the ball. Watching Randy run gave me that type of visual revelation about his prospects on the track with real training.
Bo Jackson is another athlete like that. LeBron's prolly too big to play many other sports but he's another alien. Deion the same.

So??....The Prevent Defense was invented to keep Hayes from continuing to make a Mockery of every DB in the NFL.....Thats 100% Fact....If you honesty think the Cover2 was invented solely because of Moss...I honestly dont know what to tell you.

Moss-Rice: Who changed the game more?

Funny how they don't meantion Hayes in who changed the game more. Jerry is my favorite but moss changed the way defense was call in just one season. Hard admitting when your wrong clearly

Advertisement
10. Florida
9. Texas
7. Texas
6. Florida
3. Florida
2. Florida
1. Texas

I know where I'd want to be recruiting.

When you consider that NFL HOFer, Bob Hayes, ran on a chewed up dirt track from lane 1 in Tokyo and still ran 10.06, he might be the fastest track athlete to ever play football.
I could be wrong but I remember reading he had the fastest split ever for his anchor leg people had him hand timed at 8.50

Fact is...I'm 100% correct.....Anybody with ANY sense of NFL History will tell ya about Bob Hayes.....
ANY Book on NFL WRs...and how they have changed the NFL that doesn't include Bob Hayes isn't worth the paper its written on....Only someone who's either had a Lobotomy...or are 20yrs old and a Vikings fan would exclude The Bullitt....It's so ridiculous that it's Nauseating...

Advertisement
ANY Book on NFL WRs...and how they have changed the NFL that doesn't include Bob Hayes isn't worth the paper its written on....Only someone who's either had a Lobotomy...or are 20yrs old and a Vikings fan would exclude The Bullitt....It's so ridiculous that it's Nauseating...
To be perfectly Honest....I don't believe that Moss changed game more than Hayes...or that he'd beat him in a race.....

He was at FSU for a cup of coffee.

As I'm sure you know, he played at Marshall but wanted to play at ND which is where he originally signed out of HS.
Im perfectly aware of all of those things brother. Randy has helped mentor my nephew for years now. Been a family friend even longer. For me a semenhole will always be a semenhole as a cane will always be a cane. The fact he was gonna go to notre dame just makes it FAR worse. I understand some people arent as passionate about this as others. But i was RAISED to hate these mfers and gayturds. One of the few positive memories i have of my old boy was me being recruited in a time when land lines were still necessary and lou holtz and steve spurrier called my house the same day. My father told both of em fvck off and dont ever call here again. No son of mine will BE a son of mine living under this roof associating with yall. Had me rolling. STILL makes me laugh my *** off.

Yeah but the parallel here is bob hayes as amazing as he was you cant discount the fact he played the sport at a time when it was nowhere near as physically or mentally advanced as it is now. It was essentially you tarzan me jane. See ball run. Randy has done this at a time when 90% of the league is freaks of nature. Put the defenses and the speed of todays game into the equation with that & in my eyes its not similar. Its like basketball and saying bill russel and wilt chamberlain would be anything similar now to what they were in their peaks. To me its just not logical.

Advertisement
Agreed.

Whichever way you want to write it: fastest football player or best track athlete ever to play football, to me it’s the same (though I can see where the confusion could be had). I think the point we’re both making is that HAYES was one **** of a football player who happened to be one of the best ever at track, too. Unprecedented.

If I were to line up Jim Hines in 1964 on that cinder track next to Bob Hayes, I think Hayes beats him good.

Wow.

That is a really solid mentor for your nephew.

Looking forward to him getting it done at Miami.

Im perfectly aware of all of those things brother. Randy has helped mentor my nephew for years now. Been a family friend even longer. For me a semenhole will always be a semenhole as a cane will always be a cane. The fact he was gonna go to notre dame just makes it FAR worse. I understand some people arent as passionate about this as others. But i was RAISED to hate these mfers and gayturds. One of the few positive memories i have of my old boy was me being recruited in a time when land lines were still necessary and lou holtz and steve spurrier called my house the same day. My father told both of em fvck off and dont ever call here again. No son of mine will BE a son of mine living under this roof associating with yall. Had me rolling. STILL makes me laugh my *** off.

Bo Jackson would be my first pick if I were drafting any RB throughout history.

Clearly one of the best athletes I've ever seen.

A freak injury, though.

Bo Jackson is another athlete like that. LeBron's prolly too big to play many other sports but he's another alien. Deion the same.

Bo Jackson would be my first pick if I were drafting any RB throughout history.

Clearly one of the best athletes I've ever seen.

A freak injury, though.
Bo would be the first pick if i was drafting ANYONE AT ANY POSITION. #2 LT gets real crowded from there out.

Advertisement
Back