Fast break offense is back. Richt wants to go uptempo

demcanes26

Freshman
Here are some quotes from the article:

The tempo Richt wants to operate is a stark contrast to the plodding pace Miami (and Georgia) used last season. The Hurricanes ranked 92nd in drives per game, 83rd in offensive snaps and 82nd in time of possession per play. Georgia was tied or worse with Miami in each category.

"I do want to go high tempo and have very few moments between a play," Richt said. "As soon as the play is over or even before, I’m pretty much knowing what I’m going to call. I want to get it out before Brad looks to the sideline."

Most of the play-calling won’t come Saturdays. During the week, he’ll set up a section on his play sheet for his favorite personnel groupings, favorite formations and a section for "dudes, guys who are ballers and playmakers who I got to have some plays for." Richt might script as many as 10 series, often times the first five plays with a handful of third-down options depending on the distance.

Calling plays again essential for Mark Richt to rebuild Miami - ACC Blog- ESPN

Get ready to watch FSU Part 2. No more losing to the Duke of the world.

Advertisement
As long as we do not do that "check with me" crap. That just makes "fast" slow anyway. Brad should be perfect with Mark for this. Good brain.

You can tell Richt is having fun. We're going to be in some shootouts this season.

Ridiculous and expected that this came from a national writer. Not one local guy thought to ask Richt the pace he wanted to play at considering he was going back to calling plays.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ridiculous and expected that this came from a national writer. Not one local guy thought to ask Richt the pace he wanted to play at considering he was going back to calling plays.

I hear that SMD is working on an expose piece involving Coach Richt's favorite style of Panama Hat.

Last edited:
If true it's the best news we've heard in a long time. Exhaust opponents,and take advantage of your biggest strengths--a Heisman caliber QB and enormous pass catching talent.

Somewhere along the way under Butch David our fans became convinced that UM should be a power based team that slows the game down and pounds the run. That's not really playing to our recruiting strength any more than Folden's fat slow reactionary defense played to our strengths.

I'd be sick to my stomach to see Richt go out there with a Heisman QB and try to take the fcking air out of the ball. He'd be showing me right away that he doesn't really get what this program should be about.

Do you see Clemson taking the air out of the ball with Watson? Time for UM to quit playing scared and trying to grind out 3 point wins and sneak out the back door.

Gentlemen, get your popcorn ready! Looks like we're gonna be lighting up the scoreboard like in the good old days. :stormwarningflag-sm:11263272045_489f4f7:11263272045_489f4f7:maniacrolleyes:

Advertisement
Most of the play-calling won’t come Saturdays. During the week, he’ll set up a section on his play sheet for his favorite personnel groupings, favorite formations and a section for " dudes, guys who are ballers and playmakers who I got to have some plays for. " Richt might script as many as 10 series, often times the first five plays with a handful of third-down options depending on the distance.

Richt has a section in his playbook for Ballers.

If true it's the best news we've heard in a long time. Exhaust opponents,and take advantage of your biggest strengths--a Heisman caliber QB and enormous pass catching talent.

Somewhere along the way under Butch David our fans became convinced that UM should be a power based team that slows the game down and pounds the run. That's not really playing to our recruiting strength any more than Folden's fat slow reactionary defense played to our strengths.

I'd be sick to my stomach to see Richt go out there with a Heisman QB and try to take the fcking air out of the ball. He'd be showing me right away that he doesn't really get what this program should be about.

Do you see Clemson taking the air out of the ball with Watson? Time for UM to quit playing scared and trying to grind out 3 point wins and sneak out the back door.

The "pound the rock" crew has always mystified me.

They're idiots who grew up listening to too many John Madden/Matt Millen attempts to glorify the plodding white FB with the bloody forehead, missing front teeth and slurred CTE speech. They're generally pencil-necked sissies or bloated diabetic slobs, who get winded lifting their beer cans and talk in manly cliches about football like "slobber knockers," to make themselves feel less inferior.

Advertisement

They're idiots who grew up listening to too many John Madden/Matt Millen attempts to glorify the plodding white FB with the bloody forehead, missing front teeth and slurred CTE speech. They're generally pencil-necked sissies or bloated diabetic slobs, who get winded lifting their beer cans and talk in manly cliches about football like "slobber knockers," to make themselves feel less inferior.

"if the fullback's nose isn't broken by the third series, he's doing it wrong!" -madden (probably)

Makes me think of Eddie Gran's Cincinatti Offense (which put up some big time numbers), but with superior players at every position. We should be deadly.

Advertisement

"if the fullback's nose isn't broken by the third series, he's doing it wrong!" -madden (probably)

Boom!

I hear that SMD is working on an expose piece involving Coach Richt's favorite style of Panama Hat.

I know she's been chomping at the bit to tackle that, but for the past several weeks, she's been concentrating on her current expose - boxers or briefs.

Advertisement
Back