Farrell ranks ACC QBs

Advertisement
He did?

5. Tyler Van Dyke, Miami​

Shannon Dawson and his wide-open offense will show us the Van Dyke we saw under Rhett Lashlee as long as he can stay healthy.

I'm not saying he's right, but I'm a show me type of person. We'd all like to think Dawson and him are a good fit, but we won't know until we see it. The guys he's throwing to aren't exactly anything to write home about either, at least until they prove otherwise. The guys up front, same thing. All the while, TVD has to stay healthy. We've got a lot of question marks and obviously he does as well. We'll all find out together and then we'll know.
He is not putting enough stock in this being what TVD did so well in if he has TVD ranked #5. Too much stock put in what he looked like last year in a crappy offense. JMO

He is not putting enough stock in this being what TVD did so well in if he has TVD ranked #5. Too much stock put in what he looked like last year in a crappy offense. JMO

You very well could be correct. I certainly believe he's better than the 5th best in conference and Dawson may be the truth. Is that all true next year though as we're currently untested and trying to rebuild. It isn't what people like to hear, but that's the current state of things.

Advertisement
Travis has improved considerably year to year. But his game can be described as scrambling/running around and heaving it to WRs that finally come open after 10 seconds.

Interested to see how defenses prepare for him this year, being that they have an entire offseason to do so.

Yea but there were plays with guys wide open, basic throws he was missing that aint coaching. Some easy throws with him last year were bad asf. Thats on him
Having a coach that is trying to reinvent the wheel does horrible things to a QBs confidence.

Having a coach that is trying to reinvent the wheel does horrible things to a QBs confidence.

More than anything, a fear of getting his head knocked off with our porous OL in front of him destroyed his confidence. Easy throw become a rushed affair when you're worried about getting piledriven into the turf each play. The number one thing most QB's need is to feel comfortable.

I still think he took himself off the field last year in his last appearance. He just said enough.

Advertisement
I have no issues with this list. I see it a little differently, but he has a fair argument for it as of today.

TVD, with the help of his new OC/QB, revamped line and god-willing, an improved receiver corps, will have every shot to prove him wrong.

All of these QBs deserve to be ranked higher than TVD considering 2022. TVD needs a consistent WR corps as well as a play book that utilizes the whole field. He had neither last season. You could have Tom Brady under center and it means nothing if no one completes a pass.

Bruh i wouldn't of missed those passes. That was the concerning part for me. At first I'm like ok this schemes trash but when he was missing dudes in the flat wide open......and this wasn't just missing he actually threw it to them and he was way off. That's when I was like uh oh. I'm just saying....maybe he has an awesome season I just wouldn't be surprised if he's not who we thought he was. That wouldn't shock me is all I'm saying. Because there were some concerning signs. IMO that is

Advertisement
1. This is list is based upon how the season shaped up last yr.

2. TVD, despite Gattis being an *** of a play caller, absolutely stunk it up, missing easy throws. He’s one of the main reasons why we were down 17-0 to MSU b4 the bus turned its engine off. So bad was he that they had to make a QB change in game. TVD wasn’t very good pre injury.

3. This narrative can change easily for all these QBs once the season starts.

4. Never take pre-season talk as nothing more than something to pass time and opinions, b/c there’s literally nothing to go on except projections, and past results.

In conclusion, I have zero issues w/ the article as of today.

Last edited:

2. TVD, despite Gattis being an *** of a play caller, absolutely stunk it up, missing easy throws. He’s one of the main reasons why we were down 17-0 to MSU b4 the bus turned its engine off. So bad was he that they had to make a QB change in game. TVD wasn’t very good pre injury.

4. Never take pre-season talk as nothing more than something to pass time and opinions, b/c there’s literally nothing to go on exception projections, and past results.

FACTS

If he looks bad net year get ready for coach blaming for sure. Dude was straight *** last season I dont care who was coaching. He looked like sh and the QBs listed I would rank above him. That UNC QB looks like a top 3 pick type sh, he has it all accuracy quick release he can move, now thats a QB. They hyping TVD up on CIS but I dont believe it after what I saw last season he looked shot. And no one is talking about it thats the crazy part. They will blame the scheme which is ok to do at times, but he has to make the throws and when u dont make them that aint on the coaches if a guy is wide open and u have the time in the pocket.

Advertisement
Here's the thing. As bad as TVD looked at times last year, his numbers, projected over an entire season, were almost identical to Riley Leonard's. Not to mention, he played half the season injured and was forced to play in games when he clearly wasn't healthy enough to be playing.

Let's look at the career numbers of the top 5 guys.

Drake Maye: 66% completions, 4410 yards 39/7 TD/INT 158.3 rating

Jordan Travis: 61% completions 5959 yards 46/18 TD/INT 148.8 rating

Riley Leonard: 63% completions 2967 yards 21/7 TD/INT 137.3 rating

Cade Klubnick: 61% completions 697 yards 2/3 TD/INT 120.1 rating

Tyler Van Dyke: 63% completions 4765 yards 35/11 TD/INT 147.8 rating

I'd say Maye is clearly the cream of this crop but after that, you're not convincing me that any of these guys is better than Tyler. Maybe you could make an argument for Travis but he's literally a 6th year quarterback at this point and was pretty much garbage for the first four years of his career. I'm curious how Maye is going to look in a new offense. Phil Longo made every quarterback at UNC look like a first rounder while he was there.

You guys writing him off because he looked bad in that trash offense last year are going to be eating your words when he re-writes the UM passing record book this year.

UNC QB Drake Maye was one of the best in the ACC, but he does lose one of the best OCs in the country, Phil Longo. I will be interested to see how UNC does under the new OC, Chip Lindsey

4. Never take pre-season talk as nothing more than something to pass time and opinions, b/c there’s literally nothing to go on except projections, and past results.

Absolutely! All that matters now is what we see game 1 no matter what QB trots out there for us. I'm hoping for a MUCH IMPROVED Offense. Looking forward to seeing how things shake out. Go Canes!

Advertisement
Back