Farrell ranks ACC QBs

Bruh i wouldn't of missed those passes. That was the concerning part for me. At first I'm like ok this schemes trash but when he was missing dudes in the flat wide open......and this wasn't just missing he actually threw it to them and he was way off. That's when I was like uh oh. I'm just saying....maybe he has an awesome season I just wouldn't be surprised if he's not who we thought he was. That wouldn't shock me is all I'm saying. Because there were some concerning signs. IMO that is
He never looked happy and played scared at times. Wasn't sure if he was more scared of getting clobbered or the realization of the Gattis play book

Advertisement
There is a reason Mario is going back to the air raid passing scheme like TVD had with Lashlee. The players believe in that. Reads are quicker and the ball is out of the hands of the QB quicker in this scheme. Less reads to make.

Accurate QBs can become inaccurate when they are overthinking. Their reactions are slowed so they are late or inaccurate with the ball. Route adjustments are more prevalent.

This year when these players are believers in the system, the OL is better and the system fits the players better TVD will return to what he was as far as accuracy the previous year.

Folks are also forgetting that injuries play a role in accuracy as well. So does confidence. There is no way any of these players had any confidence in the offense they saw for the first 4 games of the year were over before they finally made adjustments. Then it was too late due to injuries.

Read those stats posted above again by DTP. TVD had those stats in a season packed full of injuries, when coaches tried forcing them into cave man ball in a single offseason with air raid personnel. It simply did not fit.

When you know a route is going to take 4 seconds to come open and your line can only protect for .5 seconds, you tend to get a bit nervous.
Exactly happy feet, being afraid of getting killed, already being injured, slow developing plays galore and nowhere near enough time to make reads are all contributing factors to accuracy issues. Also, the players didn’t believe in the offense.

Advertisement
Exactly happy feet, being afraid of getting killed, already being injured, slow developing plays galore and nowhere near enough time to make reads are all contributing factors to accuracy issues. Also, the players didn’t believe in the offense.
I remember watching the spring game last year and thinking the whole passing game looked clunky and forced. Nothing looked natural or easy. You can't expect success when you're making your players play like robots. Not to mention, Gattis has no feel for how to call an offense or how to get players in a rhythm. His fall back if the offense struggled was to just go heavy on the run game but with the weak offensive line we had last year, it was essentially suicide.

He did?

5. Tyler Van Dyke, Miami​

Shannon Dawson and his wide-open offense will show us the Van Dyke we saw under Rhett Lashlee as long as he can stay healthy.

I'm not saying he's right, but I'm a show me type of person. We'd all like to think Dawson and him are a good fit, but we won't know until we see it. The guys he's throwing to aren't exactly anything to write home about either, at least until they prove otherwise. The guys up front, same thing. All the while, TVD has to stay healthy. We've got a lot of question marks and obviously he does as well. We'll all find out together and then we'll know.
All this offseason conjecture is absolutely pointless.

We don't need some rando dude to tell us how good our QB is.

All we need to do is wait and watch.

The games will tell us who's the best.

All this offseason conjecture is absolutely pointless.

We don't need some rando dude to tell us how good our QB is.

All we need to do is wait and watch.

The games will tell us who's the best.

While I agree, if he was listed as the best or even second on such a list, people would be singing his praises. Where he's at though, not so much.

He'll go as the rest of those on the offense go, providing the scheme takes advantage of whatever talent we can muster with the new coordinator.

I know I wouldn't put any money on any predictions until I see what we look like after multiple games. I just hope he and the rest of the guys stay relatively healthy, then we'll know what we've got.

Advertisement
Back