Farrell [Predictions on Collier & Marshall]

Advertisement
It really seems like kids don’t like UF right now. Don’t know what happened with them, with their recruiting but something is off there. Gut tells me Miami gets them both.
Seems like Jamar Chaney leaving back to coach at his alma mater Mississippi St. was a big loss for them.

Went into youtube the last few days and seeing a lot of top defenses using 3 down linemen and bunch of athletes.
Clemson’s 3-1-7 comes to mind but Lsu and some other teams have down it as well. With teams going four and 5 wide and backs catching screen passes And short routes it makes sense taking all of these very athletic safeties.

If he does commit to UF, it will be a soft commit
He tweeted out a few weeks ago that he would commit and that would be the end. I know kids change their mind but I think he sticks with whoever he picks.

Advertisement
While we love 5/5 for the Gator tears ... the depth and needs of our team are more important then any tears. I like Collier but really don’t see him playing over the Big Dogs we have ( remember we also have underrated Balon and Harrell).

I would like this scholarship to go to a position of need.. elite QB/OL #1, another stud CB #2 or elite DL #3

I still think he picks the U along with all his Palmetto teammates as predicted form our guys here at CIS
Are you not aware he is going to come in as a cb?

Advertisement
Is it possible he has gotten more athletic than when he last tested out?
You seem confident. So you are saying we are taking him and slotting him in at CB initially? It’s an interesting way to justify taking him in the class. I’d like the 5/5 Palmetto sweep. It sends a message.

Advertisement
You seem confident. So you are saying we are taking him and slotting him in at CB initially? It’s an interesting way to justify taking him in the class. I’d like the 5/5 Palmetto sweep. It sends a message.
You take him, regardless. Sure, test him out at CB and if he doesn’t look good there, put him at safety. As for, “we already have so many safeties”, it will work itself out. Have to expect there to be a transfer or two.

Advertisement
You take him, regardless. Sure, test him out at CB and if he doesn’t look good there, put him at safety. As for, “we already have so many safeties”, it will work itself out. Have to expect there to be a transfer or two.
I agree. I think Collier is over ranked but he’s a solid 4 star player who can play a role by year 3. With that and the message it sends, I’d take him. You need around 8-9 playable DB’s on every team and he’s good enough to be in that eventually.

They’re still in talks with other highly rated guys at more important positions. Guys I’ve mentioned, so they probably want spots.

I know Manny values tackling at CB. Although coverage would be a question with Collier, he would definitely be a high end tackler on the boundary. And, we do have elite safeties to cover over the top for those coverage issues. Just thinking out loud.

Advertisement
Back