Fans allowed at Hurricane Games

13,000 fans is very reasonable to social distance. HardRock has taken steps to improve fan safety with touchless tickets, food purchases, sinks, and even toilets. More metal detectors per the number of fans has been added to reduce bottlenecks and increase flow while social distancing upon entrance to games.

I'm very pleased with what's been implemented. Happy our student athletes will have fans at their games to cheer them on!!!

17 days counting down to kickoff!!!

Is someone else posting under your name?

Advertisement
Same with Louisville. Was supposed to go to my first me kentucky derby until Friday cancelled fans. They were only gonna allow 20k in a 150k venue and wouldn't even do that. Makes you scratch your head.
Oh that is sad. I am not big horse race fan but The Derby is a must do at least once in life. I hope you can make another.

I don't usually go to games, but my son loved his first experience. No tailgating, but the nachos were a huge hit. We'll be simulating the tailgating experience on the back porch with brisket nachos and smoked queso for dinner before the UAB game.
Send over some of those brisket nachos, wait, make that a bunch of the.

Advertisement
I use to feel that way. Strangely I like bikers now. Go figure.
Haha. A large % of my extended family actually all ride. I mean they don't go to Daytona or Sturgis or belong in any clubs that I know of so I was partly just going for some comedy with the comment. White trash snark is usually low hanging fruit.

The question is now - have we reached a point where the P word can be used by members strictly in self-policing the board in response to a P rhymes with analytical statement, as is the case here?
The “P” word I prefer can get us trouble as well.

Haha. A large % of my extended family actually all ride. I mean they don't go to Daytona or Sturgis or belong in any clubs that I know of so I was partly just going for some comedy with the comment. White trash snark is usually low hanging fruit.
I know you were but I am trying hard to behave and wanted to jump that bait hard. Thought you might go for mine but it was not to be. Hope we win some frigging games this year so football is worth talking about.

Advertisement
I was just on the phone with them a few days ago. And they didn’t mention anything like this. Either this is new or is it possible that that guy was just speculating? Did he tell you that they would refund or credit the rest of the tickets?
He told me that’s where he thinks they left it. Official emails should be going out this week which will give us a better idea. I would assume that there will be some sort of refund or option to move the balance to next year if they are only allowing 3 games when it was supposed to be 7 this year.

we’ll know soon enough

It’s a good start and who knows, maybe this **** virus will have died down enough that they’ll allow more fans.

At least we’re going to be able to see some CFB!

Advertisement
He told me that’s where he thinks they left it. Official emails should be going out this week which will give us a better idea. I would assume that there will be some sort of refund or option to move the balance to next year if they are only allowing 3 games when it was supposed to be 7 this year.

we’ll know soon enough
Thanks.

Good to know they’re going to send out a clarifying email (hopefully this week). I have not gotten any communication from them other than talking to people there last week. It at least sounds they are very close to finalizing plans very soon.

Advertisement
They're not going to get 13k in the lower level.

By the Numbers-
65,326 seats:
27,397 in the lower deck
Every other row, 2 occupied/2 empty in each row= .25% or 6,850

3,198 in the Club Level
25%= 800

34,736 in the upper deck.
5,500 +/-

I got this bad feeling man.
I don't like high altitudes.

Advertisement
Back