Familiar face

Yup. Fedora coached both RBs and WRs as the OC at UF. He’ll probably put a face there with extremely strong ties(Thomas...maybe Beard) and help them coach it.

If he feels that they’re inadequate then he goes and hires a RB coach and takes over WR full time.

Is Thomas known as a strong recruiter?

Advertisement
“You come into our house, you should get your behind kicked. You don't come into the OB playin that stuff....You can't come over to our place talking noise like that. You'll get your butt beat. I was about to go down the elevator to get in that thing.....I say, why don't we meet outside in the tunnel after the ball game and get it on some more? You don't come into the OB, baby. We've had a down couple of years but you don't come in here talking smack. Not in our house” -Lamar Thomas

Need this energy back at the U

Shhh....admin may not want him back.

Shouldn't have gotten rid of Dugans. People will talk down about Dugans now until we're no longer getting the talent Dugans was getting.

I'm OK with it. The hope is our offense will greatly improve therefore making it easier to recruit at the skill positions.

At the same time actually teach n coach up our WR's to more than just blocking ie catching the football, route running etc.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Word on the street Simpson and Rumph gone. Reassigning Patke

Interesting. If true, disappointed with the Simpson move as I liked what he did with the DL this season but Manny is going with his guys and I can respect that.

Advertisement
“You come into our house, you should get your behind kicked. You don't come into the OB playin that stuff....You can't come over to our place talking noise like that. You'll get your butt beat. I was about to go down the elevator to get in that thing.....I say, why don't we meet outside in the tunnel after the ball game and get it on some more? You don't come into the OB, baby. We've had a down couple of years but you don't come in here talking smack. Not in our house” -Lamar Thomas

Need this energy back at the U
You forgot the best part " that's what they get for coming in here F'n with some REAL nikkas"

Advertisement
Dugans lost all the talent he recruited. And Cager still can't catch shiit.
Yes, Dugans started out ok (WR definitely blocked harder his first couple of years) but this year he:

1. lost talent,
  2. seemingly didn't manage the personalities in his group well at all, and
  3. his group couldn't catch a cold.

I was initially optimistic about him as he knows what greatness looks like (he was part of an elite program as a player) but this year's performance was really tough. That isn't all on him but he could have handled a challenging situation better.

Really don’t understand the fapping for Beard and Thomas. Agree Dugans’ recent resume didn’t warrant him staying around, but I don’t think either of those guys have much better resumes. Especially KB.

Kentucky hired Thomas away from Louisville, he didn't get fired. Pretty sure Louisville hired him away from WKU. He was let go once. He became a storyline more than once in the Louisville/UK rivalry. He recruited Lamar Jackson to Louisville. When he was at UK he shook Jackson's hand after the game and one of the UK players got heated about it and it started a mini scuffle. UK fans didn't like him being so buddy buddy.
You sir are 100% correct. Also there was a scuffle in the UK-Ville game that Lamar got a bad rap. Lamar always wanted the WR job here and never got a shot. The clowns here will recall the Teague strip but those of us around in the late 80s early 90s remember one of the toughest WRs ever at UM. Never hesitated going across the middle or going up in a crowd. Gino always said he was fearless. I'm hearing Lamar is the guy, Beard has no chance.

Advertisement
Back