False Sense of Security for Rosier?

umhurricane2511

Always Faithful
Let me start by saying he's been the best surprise on this entire team so far. He just looks smooth, like a gamer.

He's made mistakes, but they were physical mistakes and not a lot of mental mistakes. He's missed some throws, but they were the right decision from what I can tell.

Maybe it's the 7 straight losses talking, but I've got some concerns about Rosier this game.

Not crowing them, but FSU's secondary is light years better than Duke, Toledo, and BC. Some of those "touch" passes where he kind of throws it up can easily get picked.

I just hope he hasn't gotten too comfortable in his ability to kind of throw it up (see Jacory Harris).

The absolute worst thing we can do is throw up 50/50 balls and allow FSU to have ANY kind of momentum. This is our year to stop effing around in this series.

Anyways, just don't want to see Rosier's tendency for turning it over to rear its ugly head tomorrow. Hoping he maintains positive momentum and proves the doubters wrong once again.

Advertisement
Yeah he might throw a pick on a 50/50 ball, but at least I know he's not a puzzy that'll let that sh*t affect him the rest of the game. Like Franchise says, kid's got his head on the right way. Richt knows that throwing those kind of balls to ahmonn usually ends up paying off anyway.

I'm not too worried about Rosier, he's undefeated remember?

I'm more comfortable with him under center than any of the other options we've got right now. He's been very good for the most part so far and appears to be the steady, calming influence you want as a quarterback. Doesn't get too hyped up and never gets too frazzled.

At this point Rosier is a solid gamer until proven otherwise. As long as those decisions stay where they need to be then i think he'll be fine. He has all of the things/intangibles that Brad did not.

Advertisement
Thanks for the responses. I agree that he has a calmness about him. Almost like he doesn't understand that it's supposed to be stressful lol

I have more confidence with Rosier this game than if Kayaa had come back for his senior year

spread it out it and let rosier go to work

I wouldn't mind if we were in the 2 minute offense all game long

*** going in there and playing passive

Apparently it's going to rain all day.

Stay fit. Keep sharp. Make good decisions.

Advertisement
Thanks for the responses. I agree that he has a calmness about him. Almost like he doesn't understand that it's supposed to be stressful lol

He was clearly rattled in the 2nd and 3rd qtrs against Duke. Honestly it's probably good he went through that before FSU. He'll have an idea of how to get back in the saddle after struggling mid game. IMHO, in the Duke game, he was really comfortable while everything was on script, but had to adjust once things weren't going well. He's still learning on the job here. And you are right. That overall calmness he has shown has really helped him.

Regardless of what anybody says, this will either be his coming out party against quality competition, or God forbid a wake up call.

Bottom line, as always, it will be more about whether the OL shows up with a mean streak and sets the tone.

UM

Rosier is from Alabama right, what are the chances his family is making the trip to Tally?

Advertisement
Not worried about Rosier...worried about the 5-6 guys lined up in front of him keeping the noles off his back.

Advertisement
I hope he is 100% confident and comfortable in all phases of his play. I don't care what pass it is. He needs to have the ability and confidence to blow off any mistake(s) that he may be responsible for.

I don't want to see him back on his heels because he is unsure of his ability to make plays or lead this team down the field on every drive.

Well, I don't think no one has a false sense of security because the expectations for him was pretty low to begin with. I think everybody knew this season was going to fall on how far Mark Walton is going to take us, and the same will apply tomorrow. Rosier just don't need to **** it up. This season will depend on how bad Mark can get off, IMO

considering he had to work against our defense all Spring and in Fall while competing for starting job means he is ready for this kind of football speed and pressure.

As long as he doesn't throw a stupid pick in the Redzone like kaaya did last year that totally ****ed our momentum.... He'll be aight

Advertisement
Back