False Sense of Security for Rosier?

That dime he threw to Richards going out of bounds was amazing. His passing ability is a lot better then most expected and he is a gamer. I feel a lot better about the team now than I did when he was announced starter. Its time for that streak to be over.

Advertisement
It seems like you believe overconfidence could be a problem for Rosier; however, I disagree. I think it will be an asset. When was the last time we had a quarterback who dropped back in the pocket and was confident in their abilities to make every throw? We don't need another tentative signal-caller: we need someone who is willing to do whatever it takes to win us this game.

100% behind Malik, trust him and expect him to play well. He's our quarterback, has not lost and played well so far.

some of his deep balls tend to float. he cannot do that tomorrow or else they'll be picked with ease. needs to put more zip on them. especially in the rain and wind

The difference between kaaya and rosier so far is rosier doesn't just disappear. Kaaya wouldn't literally take off entire quarters. Rosier tries to make plays regardless. The

Advertisement
Thanks for the responses. I agree that he has a calmness about him. Almost like he doesn't understand that it's supposed to be stressful lol

He was clearly rattled in the 2nd and 3rd qtrs against Duke. Honestly it's probably good he went through that before FSU. He'll have an idea of how to get back in the saddle after struggling mid game. IMHO, in the Duke game, he was really comfortable while everything was on script, but had to adjust once things weren't going well. He's still learning on the job here. And you are right. That overall calmness he has shown has really helped him.
Posters forget that last game was only his 4th start EVER. Most people get better at their job the longer they do it but our fans think Rosier is the exception.

Let me start by saying he's been the best surprise on this entire team so far. He just looks smooth, like a gamer.

He's made mistakes, but they were physical mistakes and not a lot of mental mistakes. He's missed some throws, but they were the right decision from what I can tell.

Maybe it's the 7 straight losses talking, but I've got some concerns about Rosier this game.

Not crowing them, but FSU's secondary is light years better than Duke, Toledo, and BC. Some of those "touch" passes where he kind of throws it up can easily get picked.

I just hope he hasn't gotten too comfortable in his ability to kind of throw it up (see Jacory Harris).

The absolute worst thing we can do is throw up 50/50 balls and allow FSU to have ANY kind of momentum. This is our year to stop effing around in this series.

Anyways, just don't want to see Rosier's tendency for turning it over to rear its ugly head tomorrow. Hoping he maintains positive momentum and proves the doubters wrong once again.

All due respect, this is why a Mark Richt earns $4M annually—and his staff is handsomely paid. Put Rosier in position to succeed, run the football well, dump passes off to running backs, use tall-*** receivers for jump balls, be aggressive on defense, etc.

Rosier simply can't blow it—and it's on the coaches to use him wisely.

Apparently it's going to rain all day.

Stay fit. Keep sharp. Make good decisions.

Defense better come ready to play if it does rain all day because it will be a low scoring game. We aren't going to be able to run on them so hopefully we can stop their run and not let them gash us like everyone else so far. Yes they didn't score but we gave teams plenty of opportunities to score

Advertisement
The difference between kaaya and rosier so far is rosier doesn't just disappear. Kaaya wouldn't literally take off entire quarters. Rosier tries to make plays regardless. The

that and his feet aren't anchored to the deepest step in his dropback.

Thanks for adding another terrible thread to this board this week

So this board isn't the place to discuss legitimate topics?

We shouldn't come here to discuss strengths and potential weaknesses of our players? (Both were pointed out in the OP)

Guess I should have just made another thread about the weather this weekend, or players' "cranks"

FSU willl come with a double A gap Blitz. I hope he is ready
Gotta have some double A gap. It's a must.

thigh-gaps-on-sneakhype17.jpg

Advertisement

We shouldn't come here to discuss strengths and potential weaknesses of our players? (Both were pointed out in the OP)

Guess I should have just made another thread about the weather this weekend, or players' "cranks"

Nah, but you should've finished your OP with - Please someone tell me we will roll.

I hear you. However, I’m more concerned with Jimbo releasing his team’s lengthy injury list in the media ahead of the game, trying to play “Wounded duck”, trying to lull our players into a false sense of security. No matter who lines up for them, they will lay themselves down to protect that turf patch at all costs. We should be ready with what we do best, and execute.

Advertisement

that and his feet aren't anchored to the deepest step in his dropback.

Yep I actually think that will be a big factor in this game FSU hasnt had to account for in the past.

Let me start by saying he's been the best surprise on this entire team so far. He just looks smooth, like a gamer.

He's made mistakes, but they were physical mistakes and not a lot of mental mistakes. He's missed some throws, but they were the right decision from what I can tell.

Maybe it's the 7 straight losses talking, but I've got some concerns about Rosier this game.

Not crowing them, but FSU's secondary is light years better than Duke, Toledo, and BC. Some of those "touch" passes where he kind of throws it up can easily get picked.

I just hope he hasn't gotten too comfortable in his ability to kind of throw it up (see Jacory Harris).

The absolute worst thing we can do is throw up 50/50 balls and allow FSU to have ANY kind of momentum. This is our year to stop effing around in this series.

Anyways, just don't want to see Rosier's tendency for turning it over to rear its ugly head tomorrow. Hoping he maintains positive momentum and proves the doubters wrong once again.

Perhaps it's U, who has the SCARED false sense of insecurity about tomorrow's game! dUh!

All due respect, this is why a Mark Richt earns $4M annually—and his staff is handsomely paid. Put Rosier in position to succeed, run the football well, dump passes off to running backs, use tall-*** receivers for jump balls, be aggressive on defense, etc.

Rosier simply can't blow it—and it's on the coaches to use him wisely.

Voila. Richt has to call the best plays possible, so that Malik will have success tomorrow! hUh.

Nah, but you should've finished your OP with - Please someone tell me we will roll.

lol fair enough

Advertisement
Back