Official Fall PractiSe #9 Monday Aug 15

I’ve learned never to trust “one” HS player, bro.

We’ve been over utilizing the term “elite” for a minute.

-Sam Bruce was supposed to elite (R.I.P to the young king)

-Dionte Mullins was supposed to be elite

-Mark Pope was supposed to be elite

-Aldarius Johnson was supposed to be elite

-Jeff Thomas was supposed to be elite

-Tommy Streeter was supposed to be elite

Bruh, I’m elite out. I need to be shown, & the best way to cover ur *** in recruiting, recruiting at an elite level, meaning multiple highly sought after guys at that position. I’ve not witnessed elite since Ahmmon, & that’s the honest truth. He was a future 1st round pick. Even w/ all Rambo did here, I didn’t see elite; I saw stat stuffer (which is y I told this entire board, he’ll be fortunate to go late rounds, where ppl kept saying he’ll be a Day 2 pick).

I need to see what George & Brinson does. Regardless how I feel about Key Smiff (& he’s not getting the th on his name ‘til I see more), he has potential to be elite, but haven’t hit that next level yet. X is an elite 3rd down blanket, but he’s more of a complimentary WR at this stage than a #1 or 2, imo.

So Ray Ray may or may not be elite at the next level. Do I feel he will? Yes; but we need more than just put all our in eggs in basket of one guy. OSU ain’t putting their eggs in the Innis basket, r they? **** nah; those mofos snagged three top 10 national WRs, w/ another top 300 overall WR on the back end. THAT’s how u build an elite room, not hoping “one guy” change a ?able one.

#Preach

Advertisement

Bruh, I’m elite out. I need to be shown on the field what “elite” is, & the best way to cover ur *** in recruiting is recruiting at an elite level, meaning multiple highly sought after guys at that position. I’ve not witnessed elite since Ahmmon, & that’s the honest truth. He was a future 1st round pick. Even w/ all Rambo did here, I didn’t see elite; I saw stat stuffer (which is y I told this entire board, he’ll be fortunate to go late rounds, where ppl kept saying he’ll be a Day 2 pick, bro).

I need to see what George & Brinson does. Regardless how I feel about Key Smiff (& he’s not getting the th on his name ‘til I see more), he has potential to be elite, but he haven’t hit that next level yet. X is an elite 3rd down blanket, but he’s more of a complimentary WR at this stage than a #1 or 2, imo.

So Ray Ray may or may not be elite at the next level. Do I feel he will? Yes; but, we need more than just to put all our eggs in basket of “one” guy. OSU ain’t putting their eggs in the Innis basket only, r they? **** nah; those mofos snagged three top 10 national WRs, w/ another top 300 overall player at WR on the back end. THAT’s how u build an elite room, not hoping “one guy” change a ?able one.
We’re so far from elite. We need a few classes. Elite teams stack talent.

Advertisement
Bruh, I walked in to this thread like,..
War Mcr GIF by My Chemical Romance
war platoon GIF

Bro, only here can a team go 7-5 last yr & be called:

Facts. Only 1 kid on this roster is elite. Fortunately, he's our QB. There are a few kids that have the potential to be first half of NFL draft good. Not enough to challenge Top 5 teams. We might get lucky vs. a 6-15 team. But we could just as easily lose to a 16-30 team.

Stack chips.

Bruh, I’m elite out. I need to be shown on the field what “elite” is, & the best way to cover ur *** in recruiting is recruiting at an elite level, meaning multiple highly sought after guys at that position. I’ve not witnessed elite since Ahmmon, & that’s the honest truth. He was a future 1st round pick. Even w/ all Rambo did here, I didn’t see elite; I saw stat stuffer (which is y I told this entire board, he’ll be fortunate to go late rounds, where ppl kept saying he’ll be a Day 2 pick, bro).

I need to see what George & Brinson does. Regardless how I feel about Key Smiff (& he’s not getting the th on his name ‘til I see more), he has potential to be elite, but he haven’t hit that next level yet. X is an elite 3rd down blanket, but he’s more of a complimentary WR at this stage than a #1 or 2, imo.

So Ray Ray may or may not be elite at the next level. Do I feel he will? Yes; but, we need more than just to put all our eggs in the basket of “one” guy. OSU ain’t putting their eggs in the Innis basket, only, r they? **** nah; those mofos snagged three top 10 national WRs, w/ another top 300 overall player at WR on the back end. THAT’s how u build an elite room, not hoping “one guy” change a ?able one.
Great post. To tag onto to this, I feel the same way about people putting arguably our best staffer (K Steele) in a retirement home or with another job before he even coaches a game.

I’m thinking to myself, ****, can I see Steele use T Davis and Chase Smith in a third down package defense before we simulate the season

Advertisement
Like becoming a prolific jump shooter; u don’t become that shooting 100 shots every other day; u putting up 500+ shots daily, at different angles, different distances so it becomes vision, muscle memory.

Jerry Rice talked about how he struggled early on in his NFL career w/ drops, so that dude put in more work than everyone else. Practice is cool, but these dudes need to be behind the jug machines on their own for some hours on a daily basis.

I agree with this.

It’s like golf. You don’t get better playing a round every day.

You get better by being on the practice tee, and hitting 50 nine irons in a row aimed at a specific spot on the range. Then do it with every other club in the bag.

Advertisement

So Ray Ray may or may not be elite at the next level. Do I feel he will? Yes; but, we need more than just to put all our eggs in the basket of “one” guy. OSU ain’t putting their eggs in the Innis basket, only, r they? **** nah; those mofos snagged three top 10 national WRs, w/ another top 300 overall player at WR on the back end. THAT’s how u build an elite room, not hoping “one guy” change a ?able one.
Great post. I agree with everything except one thing.

Jeff Thomas WAS elite 👀👀👀👀

Great post, the bolded part is why the Bama's and UGA's of the world are dominating. They have landed multiple 4 and 5* guys at every position, so you don't have to strike gold with every signing. We are still a long way from there, this class is a good start but needs to finish strong and '23 and '24 classes need to be as good or better.

Great post, the bolded part is why the Bama's and UGA's of the world are dominating. They have landed multiple 4 and 5* guys at every position, so you don't have to strike gold with every signing. We are still a long way from there, this class is a good start but needs to finish strong and '23 and '24 classes need to be as good or better.

Exactly; when u’re only recruiting 1 or 2 guys at that position, u’re putting an incredible amount of pressure to hit on the evals. U must stack chips; injuries happen, bust happen, transfers happen, retirement happen. So u must recruit aggressively every yr across the board; plus it breads an ultra competitive culture, that leads to fierce practices, which in turn leads to great play during the season.

Advertisement
Great post. I agree with everything except one thing.

Jeff Thomas WAS elite 👀👀👀👀

U can’t be elite going M.I.A.

I’m iffy on Jeff b/c if he was under a different regime, absolutely he would’ve been our best WR, but there’s a reason he’s not in the NFL, & he didn’t get drafted. He had elite skills, but he wasn’t elite.

One of the few posts to combine the term "elite" with logic and reason on CIS

Bravo

Advertisement
Back