Official Fall PractiSe #9 Monday Aug 15

Yeah I don’t care lol not saying it to you I’m saying to everyone who comes to me and says that. Least of my concerns. I’ve said a million times I’ve seen houston kids who couldn’t catch go to the league with development
I don’t know anything about Jalen Brown. I haven’t seen him play. I don’t watch highlights anymore until a kid commits. So this ain’t me attacking his talent. Were those Houston kids accused of being soft? That’s what has been said on this board before he picked LSU and still after. Said by guys who know the behind the scenes of recruitments. Not just the sour grapes crowd. That would be a bigger issue than questionable hands.

Advertisement
I don’t know anything about Jalen Brown. I haven’t seen him play. I don’t watch highlights anymore until a kid commits. So this ain’t me attacking his talent. Were those Houston kids accused of being soft? That’s what has been said on this board before he picked LSU and still after. Said by guys who know the behind the scenes of recruitments. Not just the sour grapes crowd. That would be a bigger issue than questionable hands.
I’m a defensive back at heart so let me start by saying all WR’s are soft. lol but on a serious note maybe not so much “soft” but a guy who usually runs past everybody fits that profile. His body isn’t even developed yet. Playing in that conference will either make him tough or prove the soft label true. Or they develop him into a good WR who is still a little soft. Those guys exist too.

Last edited:
Just a thought…
Not sure if there’s much difference between Rambo/Harley and this year’s wrs.
How talented could those two be if they weren’t even drafted?
Maybe TVD made them productive, rather than the other way around.

Advertisement
True.

He was great most season for us but I remember him not having the best ball security in some games. The Jackets game comes to mind off the top of the head.
I also remember Rambo getting caught from behind in a few games. Rambo was a good Cane for one year, and he broke records at UM, but no one can dispute that Rambo didn’t have elite WR traits like speed and athleticism. Rambo had Lashlee’s scheme and a great QB that threw him a lot of balls, and NFL scouts saw that.

I say that to say that I recall Rambo had drops early in his Spring and Fall camp at UM, and he went on to have a great year under Lashlee and with TVD as his QB. It’s early in camp, and with a QB like TVD, I am confident that the passing game will flourish under Gattis and we will get solid production from this current WR group

Last edited:
Yeah I don’t care lol not saying it to you I’m saying to everyone who comes to me and says that. Least of my concerns. I’ve said a million times I’ve seen houston kids who couldn’t catch go to the league with development
QFT!!! This dude was a 10.6 runner with legit size, he had pic standing next to michael irvin and didnt look out of place. Kid will develop. We dont have anybody with that speed on offense right now. We lack explosiveness and missing on top skill guys dont help. I would rather have him than not. WE NEED SPEEEEEED BAD..

And this can go along with @Liberty City El post as to having a guy who scares DC/defenses to not crowd the box because they know you have someone who can stretch the field. Bama was able to run that offense because they had Ruggs/Waddle with crazy speed plus Smith plus (ok they dont count this **** unfair, lol) but if we ground and pound teams will load the box and clamp up restrepo, what will we do? What WR can go make a play? We need guys who can step up

Advertisement
We’re on the same page, bro. My same sentiments
Dont you see Ray Ray as an elite
talent? I think the moment he comes in he changes the room with his skillset.
With X, Brinson/Jacolby/ Ray Ray that looks like a dangerous room when you have to account what X and Ray ray bring to the table no?

Advertisement
Apparently Louisville saying Randy Moss is his floor

Louisville fans reading the Nole and Gator boards too often. They’ve been infected with incurable homerism.

Is it wrong of me to hope Wiggins still has stone hands? I’ll root for Pope. Does that redeem me? I’m just getting a little tired of the Ville.

Advertisement
It’s the difference between a 9-3 & 10-2/11-1 type season...

If the Offense can attack Defenses in multiple ways, then all of the high expectations for the season will be justified.

But if you have an Offense that has an exploitable flaw, it becomes a matter of time until a DC figures it out.

Take the 2020 season for example, against Louisville & FSU the Offense looked we could steamroll over anybody, until we played Clemson, then the glaring flaw poked it’s ugly head...

I’m not writing off the Offense right now because they haven’t taken a single snap yet in season, but it’s still a legitimate question to ask IF we have what it takes on the Outside to keep from being game-planned against in a way in which we have no counterpunch?

Meaning, what will they do if teams that have the personnel decide to stack the Box & dare us to beat them Deep?

Hopefully, we’ll have an answer.
Literally what Georgia did to Michigan lmao. I know our QB is better but I'm pretty sure Lanning put 10 in the box and said I dare you.

Dont you see Ray Ray as an elite
talent? I think the moment he comes in he changes the room with his skillset.
With X, Brinson/Jacolby/ Ray Ray that looks like a dangerous room when you have to account what X and Ray ray bring to the table no?

I’ve learned never to trust “one” HS player, bro.

We’ve been over utilizing the term “elite” for a minute.

-Sam Bruce was supposed to elite (R.I.P to the young king)

-Dionte Mullins was supposed to be elite

-Mark Pope was supposed to be elite

-Aldarius Johnson was supposed to be elite

-Jeff Thomas was supposed to be elite

-Tommy Streeter was supposed to be elite

Bruh, I’m elite out. I need to be shown on the field what “elite” is, & the best way to cover ur *** in recruiting is recruiting at an elite level, meaning multiple highly sought after guys at that position. I’ve not witnessed elite since Ahmmon, & that’s the honest truth. He was a future 1st round pick. Even w/ all Rambo did here, I didn’t see elite; I saw stat stuffer (which is y I told this entire board, he’ll be fortunate to go late rounds, where ppl kept saying he’ll be a Day 2 pick, bro).

I need to see what George & Brinson does. Regardless how I feel about Key Smiff (& he’s not getting the th on his name ‘til I see more), he has potential to be elite, but he haven’t hit that next level yet. X is an elite 3rd down blanket, but he’s more of a complimentary WR at this stage than a #1 or 2, imo.

So Ray Ray may or may not be elite at the next level. Do I feel he will? Yes; but, we need more than just to put all our eggs in the basket of “one” guy. OSU ain’t putting their eggs in the Innis basket, only, r they? **** nah; those mofos snagged three top 10 national WRs, w/ another top 300 overall player at WR on the back end. THAT’s how u build an elite room, not hoping “one guy” change a ?able one.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back