Official FAll PractiSe #7: Friday August 12

Advertisement
Trying to decide if Mario looks tired or just more intense as we approach the season. Think it’s the latter. Plus, he’s answered a variation of the same set of questions for months now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Trying to decide if Mario looks tired or just more intense as we approach the season. Think it’s the latter. Plus, he’s answered a variation of the same set of questions for months now.
Just saw this in a Canesport article about his interview: (think this is why he looks the way he does!)

Canes did some walkthrough work today.

Cristobal’s take after practice?

Well, as he puts it, “You can tell, I’m not happy.”

The reason: “Today we faded (as practice went on),” the coach said. “This whole `how you do anything is how you do everything’ has got to be an every day thing.”

Advertisement
The first scrimmage will help shape the depth chart come Monday.

"We want to see drill transfer (to high playing level), among other things. We’ve been working certain combination blocks that require a certain hat placement and hand position at a certain angle. That has to show tomorrow when that play is called, and it has to be executed. If we want to see a certain route adjustment when we go from one coverage to another and the quarterback and the receiver have to make that adjustment post-snap, we want to see that tomorrow.”

“The wide receiver group has to be continue to be more consistent in every aspect,” . “Physicality when it’s time to block, running the right route, aligning the proper way, taking the right release, understanding (defense) and contested balls, finding a way to come up with them."

“There has been progress. Yesterday and early today we made some really, really good play. They’re going to be pushed. We have to get better so we need to keep progressing.”

Advertisement
Sounds to me like the WRs can't get open and the QBs are having to force balls, or throw into very tight windows. Mario basically called out the WR group. That's not a good sign with us already knowing we don't have any proven WRs and is a huge question mark for this year's team. Lashlee is not here anymore so the passing game definitely won't be the same explosiveness we daw last year

Sounds to me like the WRs can't get open and the QBs are having to force balls, or throw into very tight windows. Mario basically called out the WR group. That's not a good sign with us already knowing we don't have any proven WRs and is a huge question mark for this year's team. Lashlee is not here anymore so the passing game definitely won't be the same explosiveness we daw last year
I think were gonna see alot of the TE’s this year. Like all of them. That’s a strength of the team & I think we will be using them heavily.

Advertisement
Back