Official Fall PractiSe 2: August 6

I mean am I wrong? I get it it’s good for the fans. I wish I could be there and meet the players and get autographs. But I also understand they are college kids and would rather enjoy their weekend in the city or on their boats
ST26: I mean they might not necessarily be going to clubs. You don’t think these guys have a chill day in the city. I could think of about 100 things they would probably rather do than sign autographs for hours. Maybe they should have done this during a day they didn’t have practice
How old are you?!
If all our players had your state of mind we would win no games lol
Fkin Beta!

Advertisement
I don't think during fall camp they necessarily have this amount to of free time that you think they do.

Sure they aren't practicing twice a day, but I'm sure they have team lunch after the autograph session and training room time, indy meetings, team meetings, lift, etc. I'd be surprised if their days from now until school starts aren't scheduled by Mario to the last minute.
Buddy thinks guys on a D1 football team tryna get to the NFL are being worked too hard because they have to sign autographs and hang out with fans one Saturday lmao

I think based on previous staff and current staff. A clean slate is in order. Let’s give some of the guys who struggled a chance. JMO.

This… after listening to Antrel’s I Am Athlete interview how he broke down the Cards having him play far off the ball when that wasn’t his strength. And he showed how he was most effective which is why the drafted him so high.

By no means am I saying Ivey is anywhere close to or could be what Antrel was/is but there’s some similarities there in that Ivey has been asked to play in a style that absolutely does not benefit him or the team most importantly.

What would have been the harm into letting him be a press man corner… you already saw what you were going to get otherwise? Ijs

Caleb Johnson, Wesley Bissainthe, Keontra Smith repping together at LB. Said during media day that Wesley is running both SAM and WILL and he flipped sides with Keontra Smith at one point. Johnson held down the middle. I’d be Johnson is the guy who starts by the time season rolls around

per- Gaby
Love the 1991 throwback font

Advertisement
Lol, so now our players got boats?
There is business and there is pleasure. Being available for signing autographs and taking pictures with fans is business for school and, ultimately, for the players. If their bodies can't handle CaneFest after day2 of practice, then they are doing something wrong.
I am sure they can handle it. But all I said is that the players would rather be doing a number of other things. Like that’s not an absurd thing to say

Oh I am sure they are going to get NIL $$$ from little kids asking for autographs
They’re creating themselves a more individual fanbase by have 1 on 1’s with the fan. This way when they do want to sell merch on their twitter etc a fan that have met them & had a close encounter will be more likely to buy one. That’s just one example. So yes 3 hours of signing autographs will pay dividends in the future in the NIL era.

Advertisement
I mean am I wrong? I get it it’s good for the fans. I wish I could be there and meet the players and get autographs. But I also understand they are college kids and would rather enjoy their weekend in the city or on their boats
They need fans to get nil to get their own boats…

They’re creating themselves a more individual fanbase by have 1 on 1’s with the fan. This way when they do want to sell merch on their twitter etc a fan that have met them & had a close encounter will be more likely to buy one. That’s just one example. So yes 3 hours of signing autographs will pay dividends in the future in the NIL era.
Do you know how these things work? It’s like an assembly line. You have a player sign your object take a quick picture and then move to the next guy. I don’t think I have ever had more than a 1 minute conversation with a player at canes fest

Advertisement
Do you know how these things work? It’s like an assembly line. You have a player sign your object take a quick picture and then move to the next guy. I don’t think I have ever had more than a 1 minute conversation with a player at canes fest
Doesn’t matter. You’re a fool.

This… after listening to Antrel’s I Am Athlete interview how he broke down the Cards having him play far off the ball when that wasn’t his strength. And he showed how he was most effective which is why the drafted him so high.

By no means am I saying Ivey is anywhere close to or could be what Antrel was/is but there’s some similarities there in that Ivey has been asked to play in a style that absolutely does not benefit him or the team most importantly.

What would have been the harm into letting him be a press man corner… you already saw what you were going to get otherwise? Ijs
Lol I get the thought. But okay you let him walk up and press.. and then what? If he takes one false step or can’t get a clean jam he’s still toast. Except now he’s toast off the line of scrimmage. WR throw your hand up I’ll hit you in stride. It only sounds good in theory brother. A bad player can have things he’s better at and still be bad

Advertisement
I am sure they can handle it. But all I said is that the players would rather be doing a number of other things. Like that’s not an absurd thing to say

Understood.
Similarly, I would rather chill at the beach or go fishing somewhere than spending 40plus hours doing IT stuff for a federal contract but....mortgage thingie, ya know?

Advertisement
Back