Official Fall PractiSe 2: August 6

Advertisement
Advertisement
keegan-michael key thumbs GIF by The Paley Center for Media
I don’t think homeboy has been to a Canefest. They’ve been doing it for decades now and the kids enjoy it. The attention is newer to them and they love it. And the fans do too.

I think we all have to come to the conclusion that we have a very deep DL. Deepest in the Conference after Clemson.

There's going to be a lot of guys playing this year (especially in those first two games) and just because someone is listed as 1st string or even 2nd string does not mean that they are going to get more playing time than the other guys ready to come in off the bench.

The best teams keep players fresh by rotating in a lot of hungry monsters ready to hit somebody.
As Steele stated who starts is irrelevant. They are rotating 6 DTs. Today's spreads demand that amount of depth.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Bruh!! So we are STACKED at:
QB, RB, WR needs to find a star but a lot of blue chip guys. We got a DAWG at slot though! OL has a lot of experience in the first 5-6, but we need depth. DE and DT stacked. LB has a lot of guys with experience and a proven beast in K Smith (but let’s see how he moves with the added weight) and pac 12 second teamer in Johnson. Steed for experience and depth and a young beast in Wes looking to take someone’s spot. DB’s stacked! 3 beast safeties and Balom is the enforcer but coming off injury. Lockdown corner, a slot CB who had a horrendous first half of the season last year but the previous year everyone felt he was our best defender in Couch. The other corner spot 3 guys with ALOT of starting experience (Blades, Ivey, and the WV transfer) will be fighting for that spot. Then you still have Gil who you can line up anywhere but outside corner and the line and he will ball out! This team is the most COMPLETE and deepest team we have had in a long time fellas! Enjoy the ride cause we ballin out this season!!!

I mean am I wrong? I get it it’s good for the fans. I wish I could be there and meet the players and get autographs. But I also understand they are college kids and would rather enjoy their weekend in the city or on their boats

Lol, so now our players got boats?
There is business and there is pleasure. Being available for signing autographs and taking pictures with fans is business for school and, ultimately, for the players. If their bodies can't handle CaneFest after day2 of practice, then they are doing something wrong.

Advertisement
Bruh!! So we are STACKED at:
QB, RB, WR needs to find a star but a lot of blue chip guys. We got a DAWG at slot though! OL has a lot of experience in the first 5-6, but we need depth. DE and DT stacked. LB has a lot of guys with experience and a proven beast in K Smith (but let’s see how he moves with the added weight) and pac 12 second teamer in Johnson. Steed for experience and depth and a young beast in Wes looking to take someone’s spot. DB’s stacked! 3 beast safeties and Balom is the enforcer but coming off injury. Lockdown corner, a slot CB who had a horrendous first half of the season last year but the previous year everyone felt he was our best defender in Couch. The other corner spot 3 guys with ALOT of starting experience (Blades, Ivey, and the WV transfer) will be fighting for that spot. Then you still have Gil who you can line up anywhere but outside corner and the line and he will ball out! This team is the most COMPLETE and deepest team we have had in a long time fellas! Enjoy the ride cause we ballin out this season!!!
What is your definition of stacked? 2 days of practice and the Kool-aid laced already.

Advertisement
I mean they might not necessarily be going to clubs. You don’t think these guys have a chill day in the city. I could think of about 100 things they would probably rather do than sign autographs for hours. Maybe they should have done this during a day they didn’t have practice
I don't think during fall camp they necessarily have this amount to of free time that you think they do.

Sure they aren't practicing twice a day, but I'm sure they have team lunch after the autograph session and training room time, indy meetings, team meetings, lift, etc. I'd be surprised if their days from now until school starts aren't scheduled by Mario to the last minute.

Advertisement
Back