Official FALL PractiSe #17 Wednesday August 24

I’ve been repeatedly asked about starter predictions, well here’s my 1.0 guess as of today.

DE - Agude
DT - JHH
DT - Jackson or LT
DE - Mesidor
LB - Steed
LB- Johnson
LB - Frierson
CB - Stevenson
S - A Williams
S - J Williams
CB - Ivey
NCB - Couch

Subject to change • lol
Only one I think I have different is I have Harvey starting.

Advertisement
I was at practice. Intensity was insane. There is literally no down time. Coaches were screaming at players to run from drill to drill. The DL totally dominated the OL in the drills I saw, but when I mentioned this to Stevo (who was also there and much better student of the game than me), said that they were predictable plays where the coaches were simply assessing technique, etc. N Kelly is an absolute freak. Whoever said he is likely to be all-frosh ACC isn’t lying. No way the kid is only 6’4. At least 6’5/6’6. I did not see alot of drops, but outside of Restrepo I didn’t see a ton of separation. Couch had a pick (Garcia I think) and was the biggest dog out there at CB. Curtis dropped a pick and did his push-ups with James Williams counting. Tae and Dunson both had pass break ups. When they do the STAR (heavy) I saw Blades in the nickel spot, and DP was in the nickel/STAR at other times. On one play that had Parish lined up at WR (out wide too). Again, I had been to practices before and have never seen the intensity or the amount of coaches.

I was at practice. Intensity was insane. There is literally no down time. Coaches were screaming at players to run from drill to drill. The DL totally dominated the OL in the drills I saw, but when I mentioned this to Stevo (who was also there and much better student of the game than me), said that they were predictable plays where the coaches were simply assessing technique, etc. N Kelly is an absolute freak. Whoever said he is likely to be all-frosh ACC isn’t lying. No way the kid is only 6’4. At least 6’5/6’6. I did not see alot of drops, but outside of Restrepo I didn’t see a ton of separation. Couch had a pick (Garcia I think) and was the biggest dog out there at CB. Curtis dropped a pick and did his push-ups with James Williams counting. Tae and Dunson both had pass break ups. When they do the STAR (heavy) I saw Blades in the nickel spot, and DP was in the nickel/STAR at other times. On one play that had Parish lined up at WR (out wide too). Again, I had been to practices before and have never seen the intensity or the amount of coaches.
Man so they really were flying around. True if big

Man so they really were flying around. True if big
Other than a couple short cool down breaks, it was nonstop for 1:45 minutes. And it was burning hot out there. Spoke to Balom’s dad. Super guy. Said his son absolutely loves the staff. Steele works alot w the safeties, and the entire defense has bought in, 100%. Balom’s mom is Jamaican/Cuban, so I invited myself to their next tailgate lol.

Last edited:

Sheesh, this guy looks NFL-ready. From the sound of most reports, sounds like he’s been practicing at a really high level as well. Excited about him, Mesidor, and Williams at DE. A few other promising guys as well, maybe Harvey finally puts it all together

Advertisement
Robert Redford Nod GIF

Knighton not even practicing?
"precautionary"

Advertisement
DE Agude
DT Jackson
DT JHH
DE Harvey
OLB Keontra
ILB Caleb
Star Gilbert
CB Rique
CB Ivey
S Williams
S Williams

This is my guess for who is listed as starter game 1 but I imagine every position will also just say Or lol

Come to think of it, haven't seen The Freak interviewed either. Seems MC has cut a lot of the vets from speaking to the media as of now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
That’s of practice though...

None of that was from the actual scrimmages...

My point was, in the past we would get clips of plays from the actual scrimmage & the fact that Mario hasn’t done that at all is actually a good thing.
Agree, it sucks as fans because we want to know the scheme and personnel but big picture it doesn't help the program. I'm sure the offense vs Bethune won't be the same offense week 3.

Advertisement
Back