Fall Practice Summary - Day 2

View as article
Advertisement
Bruh, y’all do realize that we got more than one Bethel on the roster, right? Let’s wait and find out, before we start firing coaches 🤣😂🤣.

Yes, I know that. Fairly certain they were talking about Nigel but Golden and Dorito would've had Pat covering the slot.

i've gotten this vibe too. i wouldn't be completely surprised if experience/familiarity with his teammates (not the offense, obviously, but just timing with the guys he's throwing to) carried him through the spring but now martell and williams have caught up after a summer of work. HAVING SAID THAT.....it's 2 practices, so we'll see what happens lol.
I agree nothing is over with just 2 or 3 practices. But my feeling is Manny and Enos will not tolerate mental lasp especially from someone that played more last year then the other guys. It will probably be a very short leash from here on out. Perry has the least chance to receive a benefit of doubt if he falls behind! If he's sitting 3rd by Thursday he might as well pack his bags. From what I have seen to this point, we can win with Tate or Williams because they really look focused out of the 3! But it's not over...just sayin!

I get what u are saying, but doesn't the stiker in our system cover a good bit, some say the position might even do a little more 1 on 1 covering than our Safeties,

Great point.

If we run mostly man like I want, the striker will cover the slot much of the time with safeties taking backs and tight ends.

I think we are moving to more man coverage so the move makes tons of sense in that light.

Rather have Gil manning up a slot than Smith.

Advertisement
I think he was talking Gil should play safety.

I was surprised they moved Smith to safety instead of Gil.

Wish I had more info to understand that thought process. Smith was safety then striker. Gil was Cb. You would think he would be the one moved to the safety position.

That's where i was going.
Derwin James played a striker type role for the Noles and now the Chargers and he is probably the best Safety in the NFL at this point. Having an instinctive, fast and hard hitting striker is critical in today's game.

James measurable's:
6-foot-3, 215 lbs
40-yard 4.47 seconds
40-inch vertical jump

Frierson measureable's:
6 foot 1, 200 lbs
40-yard 4.50 seconds
32 inch vertical

James wasn't too good to spend half his time in the front 7 so I don't think Frierson is either

James dropped down in the box quite a bit in some formations/schemes but he was still a safety and roamed the center of the field a lot. That's maximizing all of his skills. The striker, while a hybrid role, is still MUCH more LB than it is S. Let's not get it twisted. McCloud played it quite a bit before Finley exploded....and nobody is going to confuse McCloud with Derwin James.

I think he was talking Gil should play safety.

I was surprised they moved Smith to safety instead of Gil.

Wish I had more info to understand that thought process. Smith was safety then striker. Gil was Cb. You would think he would be the one moved to the safety position.

That's where i was going....and the Smith piece was another reason why. He's about 15-20 pounds bigger and has already played the striker position.

I agree nothing is over with just 2 or 3 practices. But my feeling is Manny and Enos will not tolerate mental lasp especially from someone that played more last year then the other guys. It will probably be a very short leash from here on out. Perry has the least chance to receive a benefit of doubt if he falls behind! If he's sitting 3rd by Thursday he might as well pack his bags. From what I have seen to this point, we can win with Tate or Williams because they really look focused out of the 3! But it's not over...just sayin!
Manny said it after practice 1. He said that the players were in shape and tough. congratulayednthem for offseason workouts. He then said the next 30 days they needed to get mentally tough since it cost them games last year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
If I said Manny Diaz is coming to Miami to run a 3-4 defense, people would think that’s absurd.
But the same people think Enos came here to use a 5’10”, low accuracy, shotgun QB to run HIS offense...
1564392304085.gif

Advertisement
Back