Fall Practice Summary - Day 1

View as article
Competition does not begin and end on the field. Tate is not just being handed the job. If Manny has him #1 right now is because Tate has stood out overall in film room, locker room, weight room, and practice field. Competition is still ongoing but time is running out. Decision will be made soon.
You do realize that coaches are not involved in the activities right?

Advertisement
Nah dude. I'm just not drinking the cool aide that Martell earned #1 based on Summer workouts. How do you quantify that?

Secondly, every player on the team was slotted at their position based on what they did this Summer right? And coincidentally, the hardest workers turned out to be all the guys we expected to be starting. Just amazing that happened that way.

I'm not drinking the cool aide bruh.

bruh, you’re dumb as fūck

Nah dude. I'm just not drinking the cool aide that Martell earned #1 based on Summer workouts. How do you quantify that?

Secondly, every player on the team was slotted at their position based on what they did this Summer right? And coincidentally, the hardest workers turned out to be all the guys we expected to be starting. Just amazing that happened that way.

I'm not drinking the cool aide bruh.
Having the guys who had “the best offseason” taking reps with the 1s at an open position is such a generic, frequent occurrence for fall and spring camps that I struggle to know if you’ve paid close attention before this year. It happens *everywhere*, and happened under Richt too.

At this point man it’s your personal bias if you’re reading a conspiracy into it. Manny said no one is leading. Someone has to take the first reps of the fall.

Advertisement
Easy breakdown from these first practice threads

@Number1CanesFan is related to Perry

@DRevLee doesn’t have to be a girl for a day, he would suck Tate Martell as is

Co-sign that Herbert is a train wreck waiting to happen no way he starts

Tate Martell might have moxy, leadership but he’s 5’9 and can’t throw. Him trying to throw over Patchan was cringeworthy

Perry and Williams are the most talented but both appear to be flawed

I do agree one of them are portal bound

Enos does not give a **** about who came here for what... he’s gonna start the best QB... He did not recruit Tate Martell

But if Tate starts we are in trouble and the writing is on the wall for Perry.
Don't know about perry but williams is probably definitely gone if he doesn't win the job. I could see him ending up at gt.

Having the guys who had “the best offseason” taking reps with the 1s at an open position is such a generic, frequent occurrence for fall and spring camps that I struggle to know if you’ve paid close attention before this year. It happens *everywhere*, and happened under Richt too.

At this point man it’s your personal bias if you’re reading a conspiracy into it. Manny said no one is leading. Someone has to take the first reps of the fall.
So, your telling me every position was decided that way or just QB?

Amazing how all the other positions were the guys we expected to start because they earned it over the Summer right? Where's the 2nd and 3rd team guys rolling with the ones? None of them worked any harder than the other guys at their position?

Advertisement
Brah, you think the guys just have a WhatsApp chat going on and get together to toss the football around? You don’t think there’s any input from manny or Enos as to what drills and plays they’re running? You don’t think this might occur outside manny’s window like they did on greentree when the head coaches office overlooked greentree? There’s film room and study and the coaches know who how well each is doing. Stop it.

Can't believe I actually agree with most of this. Tate's height is def goin to be an issue with batted balls if we aren't lining up in shotgun 90% of the time.

How many times have we heard about his balls being batted down? It happens like one time and now his height is a liability? I've seen Rosier get balls bat as well as Perry. It happens. If it happens a lot then I'd be worried.

Advertisement
Manny and Enos both said publicly that whoever put in the most work over the summer and displayed true leadership qualities would have a leg up on others come fall camp...
How do you measure that during off season Summer workouts that don't involve coaches?

I don't recall that direct quote. Maybe they made multiple quotes. What I do recall is that they said whomever works the hardest and improves themselves will separate themselves in Fall camp.

Advertisement
So, your telling me every position was decided that way or just QB?

Amazing how all the other positions were the guys we expected to start because they earned it over the Summer right? Where's the 2nd and 3rd team guys rolling with the ones? None of them worked any harder than the other guys at their position?
I know you probably feel like a mouse in a kennel of cats right now, but to refuse to believe that this basic way of rewarding offseason progress is extremely common for open positions makes it difficult to have a convo with you.

again if the job is just handed to at this point (bc none of them are ready for 8/24 tbh) then this season will be no better than last year when the job was actually handed over to rosier. this should be a true 3 week competition so all 3 continue to push each other till theyre all ready for the gator. right now, none of them are based on the ups and downs all 3 have had so far.
Dude, no way in **** do you leave the starter with just a week to work with the 1s to prepare for the turds. I agree they need to get enough reps each but we need a starter locked in ASAP

Advertisement
Back