Official Fall Camp PractiSe #7: Wednesday August 9

Advertisement
I’d expect more of late 21 season but a better run game. The OL is noticeably bigger. It’s also much more talented.

I'll take late 21. TVD almost swept the back 7. I was relieved FSU barely beat us because I wasn't confident Frenk would fire Manny coming off a 7-win streak.

I truly hope Mario and Co. changed their approach when it comes to injury prevention. Last year Hearing that Citizen/Chaney got hurt in the preseason was heartbreaking. Then proceeded to lose X and almost every OL at some point.

So far so good (knock on wood) but damnit was that frustrating last year
With Citizen, how’s Mario suppose to stop a hit on the knee? Did Mario play a role with Chaney’s injury history under Diaz? Absurd take.

Advertisement
X Men Juggernaut GIF

Advertisement
That is by far the most positive I’ve ever heard TVD speak.

He doesn’t seem like someone to throw bull**** out there or say something to that extent if he doesn’t believe it
This is why i might sip a lil koolaid lol, tvd is almost too honest sometimes its like he can’t hide what he’s truly feeling lol his tone and body language is different imo

With Citizen, how’s Mario suppose to stop a hit on the knee? Did Mario play a role with Chaney’s injury history under Diaz? Absurd take.
The point wasn’t that Mario was responsible for those injuries but that those really took some wind out of sails.

(I get why it seems like I am pointing the finger based on how I phrased it)

The biggest point was that we had a lot of guys banged up (and not just typical banged up) and that killed us last year due to Mario/Felds S&C & Practice approach. I will admit health is also a game of chance when it comes to sports. Sometimes you’ll get 6 players that all land on the turf awkwardly and down they go. Other years you’ll get very few of those (fingers crossed)

Advertisement
The point wasn’t that Mario was responsible for those injuries but that those really took some wind out of sails.

(I get why it seems like I am pointing the finger based on how I phrased it)

The biggest point was that we had a lot of guys banged up (and not just typical banged up) and that killed us last year due to Mario/Felds S&C & Practice approach. I will admit health is also a game of chance when it comes to sports. Sometimes you’ll get 6 players that all land on the turf awkwardly and down they go. Other years you’ll get very few of those (fingers crossed)

After three years of Manny telling players not to tackle kids to the ground (maybe more, can't remember what he did under Richt), what did we expect would happen? I knew injuries would pile up, just didn't expect it to be that bad and recoveries to take so long.

These reporters need to relax with guessing rotations! Especially, when it comes to skill players during the first 2 weeks of camp. I’ve filmed college practices before. Half of the time the guys aren’t even going in any consistent order during media viewing!!! They have so many fans roused up for no reason. Lol atleast wait until game week to get a legit gage of who’s in the 2 deep or rotation.
i played college i take none of these media views seriously.

Especially when they were commenting on orders FIRST day when you just in shirts n shorts.

Hald the time going thru drills i just went in whatever position i felt like.

There not even watching much TEAM or internals.

Advertisement
I'll take late 21. TVD almost swept the back 7. I was relieved FSU barely beat us because I wasn't confident Frenk would fire Manny coming off a 7-win streak.
Theres two halves of that season, the first one was already not bad offensively, the second one was the best one fans got to see in a hot minute.

We played NC State, Pitt and Florida State, who were all ranked in the Top 50 in DFEI and scored 30+ twice and 28 once. I remember going into Pitt thinking "Oh boy" and its 21-7 within the first six minutes lol

Not trying to open this can of worms too much but just look at the “recovery” process for some of our other guys that have gotten hurt

Something ain’t right
The list of guys who have come back fine blows what you're inferring out of the water.

Smh

Advertisement
Back