Faith in Diaz

Advertisement
Oh I can read. You come out of the wood work all of the sudden. **** bent, hair on fire. What's your agenda, other than trolling?
Right now Im here for the laughs. I'm usually here to read Lance and Stefans break downs and talk Canes Ball.

But since Saturday there's been nothing but uptight sensitive muh****ers who won't allow a differing opinion or humor, The sunshine pumping muh****ers who won't allow a differing opinion or humor. The lack of common sense has me a little more active today.

Advertisement
Am I the only person here with complete confidence/faith Diaz is the man for the job? He took a horrific defense and turned them into a top 5 defense, in just a few years!

He's intense, passionate about the Miami standard, hates to lose... he even invited JJ to practice. The man is PERFECT for Miami and he will absolutely be tremendously successful. He also preaches accountability and will not accept losing. Case/point... look at his demeanor after a loss. Its just like JJ or Saban or Dabo or Urban. Losing kills them... he's not gonna take it.

This is the most confident about the direction of Miami I've feel since 1999. We will finish 9-3 or 10-2 and land a top 10 recruiting class. We're not that far away.. in fact just 2 plays from being 2-0 and ranked.

0-2

Advertisement
Don't try to frighten us with your homer's ways, OP. Your sad devotion to our inexperienced head coach has not helped you conjure up the stolen data tapes, or given you clairvoyance enough to find UNC's hidden playboo…

Last edited:
Diaz’s hire was a joke. 9-3 with this ridiculous scuedule is no achievement, and considering we just lost to a team that would have been 2-10 last year had their UCF game not been cancelled, I have no idea why people think we’ll go 9-1 the rest of the way.

Diaz’s hire was a joke. 9-3 with this ridiculous scuedule is no achievement, and considering we just lost to a team that would have been 2-10 last year had their UCF game not been cancelled, I have no idea why people think we’ll go 9-1 the rest of the way.

Do you happen to know why UNC went 2-10 last year? Maybe because they lost 15+ starters due to injury and they had a lame duck coach. They were in most of their games including a 3 point loss to Syracuse.

Last I checked, Mack Brown has won a NC and their freshman QB was Mr. Football and wanted by practically every top 10 team in the country. (I Live in North Carolina and everyone knew this kid would be great). And they're coming off an inspired win against an SEC opponent... for their home opener... at night. Everything was stacked against us... yet we're 4th -17 away from winning and a fumbled punt away from being 2-0.

But yeah, Manny is joke. Smart.

Advertisement
We’re going to be fine. We actually have an offense. Just growing pains which he even warned us about. I’d imagine that he’s going to take more ownership of that. But at the end of the day, our leaders on defense need to step up also.

Am I the only person here with complete confidence/faith Diaz is the man for the job? He took a horrific defense and turned them into a top 5 defense, in just a few years!

He's intense, passionate about the Miami standard, hates to lose... he even invited JJ to practice. The man is PERFECT for Miami and he will absolutely be tremendously successful. He also preaches accountability and will not accept losing. Case/point... look at his demeanor after a loss. Its just like JJ or Saban or Dabo or Urban. Losing kills them... he's not gonna take it.

This is the most confident about the direction of Miami I've feel since 1999. We will finish 9-3 or 10-2 and land a top 10 recruiting class. We're not that far away.. in fact just 2 plays from being 2-0 and ranked.

Agreed for now. There have already been improvements. They showed flexibility in adjusting the OL personnel after a disastrous week 1 which is promising as is the overall offense. Yeah we can complained about a few slow developing plays and not enough deep passes, but we are already seeing progress. Whether it sustains on the offensive side who knows as it's too early but a lot of good things.

Why the defense has seemingly regressed is my issue. And why the special teams hasn't improved. The defensive secondary getting burned more often than not, however, shouldn't be a surprise to any rational poster given how many guys start now or have barely played back there. Overall Baker has a lot of work to do.

Am upset about the losses but too many good things at this point to get dejected/frustrated about sides of the ball which need work. It's also logically too early to get upset in itself. Let the year play out (and next year).

Do you happen to know why UNC went 2-10 last year? Maybe because they lost 15+ starters due to injury and they had a lame duck coach. They were in most of their games including a 3 point loss to Syracuse.

Last I checked, Mack Brown has won a NC and their freshman QB was Mr. Football and wanted by practically every top 10 team in the country. (I Live in North Carolina and everyone knew this kid would be great). And they're coming off an inspired win against an SEC opponent... for their home opener... at night. Everything was stacked against us... yet we're 4th -17 away from winning and a fumbled punt away from being 2-0.

But yeah, Manny is joke. Smart.

Great post. The 2-10 comments about UNC and how we could have lost to them are incredibly short-sighted and stupid.

Advertisement
Lmao. Answer the question.

Did jarren have it made? If so he should be kicked off the team.

Did his mom have it made? If so she is raising a *****.

Did manny give it? The head coach of the entire team. Giving an award to the best player against unc.

Or is it a fake account or photoshopped award?

Which is most likely?

Yeah; I’m going to assume that as the head coach, he was aware of this award. I have a hard time believing some random sponsor, gained access to a player w/o a head coach’s knowledge to present an award.

If Manny truly didn’t know about this, then we have bigger issues regards to his leadership or control over this program.

I’m going to assume the former & not the latter took place...and instead of owning it, he pulled a Golden and used the whole “I didn’t know” angle b/c of the harsh criticism that came along w this. The optics didn’t look good.

Where do I begin:
  • "He took a horrific defense and turned them into a top 5 defense, in just a few years!" - Being a good or top coordinator doesn't always translate into being a good or top head coach
  • "He's intense, passionate about the Miami standard, hates to lose... he even invited JJ to practice." - being intense and passionate or any of the other "style attributes" are not a requisite for being a good or top head coach. There are too many examples to list of top coaches that possessed different styles
  • "This is the most confident about the direction of Miami I've feel since 1999." - There's nothing in our history to instill blind optimism. In fact, the circumstances surrounding Manny's hire conveys the opposite.
I'm not one that's railing for Manny's head but we've been down this path before … recently. You have to give him more than two games. But, he's got to this thing around. People want to see results on the field. Whether it's right or not, Manny's not going to get the normal grace period to show we're headed in the right direction.

Yeah; I’m going to assume that as the head coach, he was aware of this award. I have a hard time believing some random sponsor, gained access to a player w/o a head coach’s knowledge to present an award.

If Manny truly didn’t know about this, then we have bigger issues regards to his leadership or control over this program.

I’m going to assume the former & not the latter took place...and instead of owning it, he pulled a Golden and used the whole “I didn’t know” angle b/c of the harsh criticism that came along w this. The optics didn’t look good.

Exactly. Whether manny directly handed it out i dont know but im sure as **** he knew about it.

How can you have ‘complete confidence’ in someone who is 0-2 as a HC? You have ‘faith’ in him, but that’s your problem. Faith is what you owe God. You don’t place your ‘faith’ in unproven men, because men are flawed and unproven is unproven. Plenty of good coordinators failed as HCs, moreover.

LMAO @ you owe god faith...but don't put your faith in unproven men. ironic post is awesome

off the tracks we go...

Advertisement
Back