Faith in Diaz

CaneDogX

Banned
Banned
Am I the only person here with complete confidence/faith Diaz is the man for the job? He took a horrific defense and turned them into a top 5 defense, in just a few years!

He's intense, passionate about the Miami standard, hates to lose... he even invited JJ to practice. The man is PERFECT for Miami and he will absolutely be tremendously successful. He also preaches accountability and will not accept losing. Case/point... look at his demeanor after a loss. Its just like JJ or Saban or Dabo or Urban. Losing kills them... he's not gonna take it.

This is the most confident about the direction of Miami I've feel since 1999. We will finish 9-3 or 10-2 and land a top 10 recruiting class. We're not that far away.. in fact just 2 plays from being 2-0 and ranked.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Am I the only person here with complete confidence/faith Diaz is the man for the job? He took a horrific defense and turned them into a top 5 defense, in just a few years!

He's intense, passionate about the Miami standard, hates to lose... he even invited JJ to practice. The man is PERFECT for Miami and he will absolutely be tremendously successful. He also preaches accountability and will not accept losing. Case/point... look at his demeanor after a loss. Its just like JJ or Saban or Dabo or Urban. Losing kills them... he's not gonna take it.

This is the most confident about the direction of Miami I've feel since 1999. We will finish 9-3 or 10-2 and land a top 10 recruiting class. We're not that far away.. in fact just 2 plays from being 2-0 and ranked.
All valid points. I am willing to give the guy a chance. I've already seen improvement from last season offensively. Sure we took a step back defensively, but look at all the impact players we lost. My confidence is not shaken. 9-3 is our minimum record this year. That equals success for a first year head coach in my book.

Advertisement
I think Manny is the man we need, I think he needs better assistant coaches, for the Butch Davis people, let's not forget Butch was not a good game day coach (not good at making adjustments), Butch had a lot of good assistants around him.

He just gave a loser an award for being best player of a losing game.

Like giving a diabetic a sugar cookie after amputating their foot. Here is your reward fat ************.
Every football program does this, believe it or not. Just because you only saw Jarren's post doesnt mean other school don't do it. Every school give out awards every week - in t-shirts, trophies, game-balls etc.

Advertisement
I think Manny is the man we need, I think he needs better assistant coaches, for the Butch Davis people, let's not forget Butch was not a good game day coach (not good at making adjustments), Butch had a lot of good assistants around him.

For all the butch davis fans... go to google and type in Miami vs Washington 2000.

Then lets chat about it...

Oh yeah, and it's SO very easy to be a great game day coach - 31 scholarships in the tank!

Advertisement
I don't suppose you recall the UCLA game?

Let's chat about that . . .

The Edge went off... yes I remember that battle. Did you happen to check the roster of that team? crazy talent. All young but no denying the TALENT Butch could generate. Maybe the best recruiting / talent manager of all time.

HC? No.

I think he's the right hire. People who expected a 7-6 team to go 11-1 or 12-0 in 1 year with a completely new offense are delusional. Add a freshman qb and an extremely young line and they are just plain insane. 9-11 wins including the bowl game should have been the realistic expectations and a sign of progress. Never heard of a team going from bad to great in 1 offseason.

Advertisement
Back