Fair and reasonable discussion on Coastal?

Yeah wake is taking it. They are just nasty in the trenches. They’re o line is top tier. Embarrassing that Manny will waste this year, this was the year to return to national prominence. Cristobal would run this conference with this team and schedule. In fact, the NC state coach would, the wake coach would, the BC coach would, Mendenhall would…. ******* joke of a HC

Advertisement
So a non-ranked Miami beats a let's say #20 Clemson in the ACC Championship. That buys us a ticket to the playoffs? I don't think so. Unfortunately, it is now more about rankings. That is why the ACC has taken a shot with Clemson falling.
But there are likely no tickets to the playoff without the previous steps of winning the coastal and conference…

Ohh how the mindset of the fans and this team have dropped over the last 20 years. Go ahead and be comfortable just winning the Coastal. Why not proudly display your Coastal Champs t-shirts. :rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg: My goal and expectations are to get back to the big game. ***** the other Bowl games.

Nick Saban is only shooting for the Western Division of the Southeastern Conference. I don't think so.

To get to the top, you have to play and beat ranked teams. We need a #1-3 ranked Clemson in the ACC to have a chance at the playoffs.

Let's first start with getting a new President, AD, and coach that will not settle for mediocrity.

Remember, they win a tie if they win the head to head match up. Easily, UNC can still win it at this point. Any team can.
I've been calling a 5-3 Coastal winner for a while now.
I'm still not sure we will be a part of that.
I agree that all teams are still in it, although I can't see UVA with that surprisingly bad D.
With that said, we are in a position to stick a Coastal fork in UVA and UNC over the next couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Despite yesterday's joy-fest we'll go some variation of 4-4 in conference play

UVA W
at NC L
NC State L
at Pitt W
GT L
at FSU W
VT L
at Duke W
Lol nightmare scenario I can see us losing to UVA and UNC and then by some tom foolery winning out or only losing to NC ST the rest of the way and sliding into the ACC championship game. That's why Diaz needs to be let go right after the UNC loss.

Ohh how the mindset of the fans and this team have dropped over the last 20 years. Go ahead and be comfortable just winning the Coastal. Why not proudly display your Coastal Champs t-shirts. :rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg: My goal and expectations are to get back to the big game. ***** the other Bowl games.

Nick Saban is only shooting for the Western Division of the Southeastern Conference. I don't think so.

To get to the top, you have to play and beat ranked teams. We need a #1-3 ranked Clemson in the ACC to have a chance at the playoffs.

Let's first start with getting a new President, AD, and coach that will not settle for mediocrity.
I appreciate you're goals and expectations.
I'm right with you.

One question:
Who's comfortable just winning the Coastal?

5-3 in conference can win the CoaRstal this year.

Think about that. The Canes can be 7-5 overall and win the division. Losing the ACCCG and a bowl game means the Canes finish at 7-7.

The upside will be that our upperclassmen will not want to sit out the bowl game since none of them will be getting drafted. lol

It's up for grabs!! But I firmly believe the BEST HC, and his staff, will eventually win the parity-ridden Coastal this season. Which DOESN'T bode too well for the Miami faithful. Peace. This Thursday's game against Virginia will be a CLUE to how much the team and Manuel, and his CHOSEN staff, want to win their side of the AVERAGE ACC ledger. huh?

And dig this too. Mighty Clemson WILL LOSE another conference game this year! huh? But then again. Maybe they won't lose another conference game. Nevertheless, major CFB can say adios to Dabo's squad this season. Because no matter what the Clemson apologies have to say, they WON'T be a participate in the major CFB playoff's this season!!!! Peace.

Advertisement
Fool me once shame on you....fool me 300x .... well you get it.

What makes any reasonably rational fan believe we can actually win the Coastal?

Because others teams suck? That is not a new variable in the equation.

Because our young talent played very well yesterday? No reason to think they will have similar success against higher quality opponents even if (and that is a massive "if") they get more opportunities to play. Our OL sucks and the QBs will not have time to throw it down field. The passing game will be limited and the QBs will not have the time to survey the field for second and third reads. This means we will revert back to the one read throws and the same boring uninspired running attack that consists of a zone read up the middle for no gain.

Because we are improving our play? LMAO. We do this every year. Win a few gams and create false hope and expectations only to see it come crashing down after a few weeks.

Not going to keep going but there is nothing I have seen in the past 2+ years from a Manny Diaz coached team that provides me with the confidence that we can win the Coastal. Nothing. Sure we have a chance but that is primarily due to not having played an ACC opponent as of yet.

Beat UVA on Thursday and then win at UNC and then we can talk about the chances of winning the Coastal. Because until something tangible changes everything else is repeated noise.

See you Thursday at the Rock...hoping for the best but expecting a dog fight where any team can win.

All of the teams have serious flaws. I expected Miami to be a lot better for sure. I haven't watched tape on Michigan State, but clearly King wasn't healthy and played pretty poorly. I'm not sure if the young quarterbacks are ready, but I still think Miami can go 6-2 or so in this ****** conference. The next two weeks will tell us a lot for sure. Go Canes!
Pretty poorly is a 4 turnover understatement.

Y’all haven’t learned yet?

It doesn’t matter how bad the coastal is. We’ve won it once. And if we win it means Manny sticks around. Luckily UVA will push our **** in
Facts. People just like abuse and live in denial. Unfortunately, Virginia is terrible on Defense and normally, road teams on Thursday nights aren’t successful.

Advertisement
5-3 in conference can win the CoaRstal this year.

Think about that. The Canes can be 7-5 overall and win the division. Losing the ACCCG and a bowl game means the Canes finish at 7-7.

The upside will be that our upperclassmen will not want to sit out the bowl game since none of them will be getting drafted. lol
I’ll take us backing into the ACC Championship if it still means Diaz & Blake are gone. If it’s going to save them, I’ll pass!

Advertisement

Oh the lack of attention the for the last 20 years. How many bowl wins? How many Coastal Titles? ZERO ACC titles. Can we look one step ahead before complaining about lowered expectations? How about we beat Virginia?

If Miami was coached by competent adults, I'd feel really good right now. That said, Miami isn't and most likely will find new ways to ***** this up. Keep the expectations low and you won't be shocked when the inevitable happens.

Advertisement
Back