Fair and reasonable discussion on Coastal?

UNC 0-2
GT 1-1
Pitt 0-0
U 0-0
Vt 1-0
VA 0-2

Probably a week to early. But UNC seems to be out of it already. VA out. This is wide open.

If we lose to VA I say we are out.

VT win vs UNC no longer impressive and struggled with Richmond.

PITT lost to western MI. and has GT next week.

The problem is we are just like all of these teams which means every time we play them, it’s a toss up. It’s hard to get your hopes up

Advertisement
Winning the Coastal is like a participation trophy.

miami_hurricanes_football_national_champions_banner_132135sma.jpg

I say cancel the season then

Have to win the coastal to win the conference to make the playoffs to win the title…

This isn’t the Big East set up from back in the day. Just win

So a non-ranked Miami beats a let's say #20 Clemson in the ACC Championship. That buys us a ticket to the playoffs? I don't think so. Unfortunately, it is now more about rankings. That is why the ACC has taken a shot with Clemson falling.

Advertisement
So a non-ranked Miami beats a let's say #20 Clemson in the ACC Championship. That buys us a ticket to the playoffs? I don't think so. Unfortunately, it is now more about rankings. That is why the ACC has taken a shot with Clemson falling.
Our best shot may be undefeated Wake. Was hoping they played ND but they don’t.

Seriously. There is a good chance Miami will not lose another game before we go to the ACCCG. Unfortunately this is how Manny gets an extension. I don’t trust this Board for a second.

That said, Go Canes!

Advertisement
Seriously. There is a good chance Miami will not lose another game before we go to the ACCCG. Unfortunately this is how Manny gets an extension. I don’t trust this Board for a second.

That said, Go Canes!

The whole "Winning the Coastal" chant is to help fans that were not around during the National Championship era and coaches on the hot seat sleep better at night.

Advertisement
Yeah, the way its payed out, it's bad season for the Canes to implode. We get to trot out these what if posts for the rest of the season.

Advertisement
I’ll say it again. We lose to VA at home we out!!!
Not mathematically but psychologically we may not recover. Team is fragile right now. A couple of wins next 2 weeks though builds momentum and good vibes in the locker room. The youth movement may be our saving grace. But something tells me Diaz reverts back to his losing ways.

Advertisement
Back