Facility upgrades

For the “Facilities Don’t Matter, Bro” crowd, what u’re forced to do is step into the 21st century of collegiate athletics. I’m pretty sure our facilities will be a multiplex, primarily for football, but student athlete friendly.

Again I’ll repeat; while some were pushing for Sleezy Tom, logical fans/alum was pushing for Rad. Highly successful AD w/ hardware to match, that’s an alum?! C’mon.

Lotta chit will be changing around here; u’re talking about a HC that was apart of our glory years, then exposed to a modern day football factory in Bama, & coached at FacilityU at UO + an AD who worked at the 2nd known Football Factory over the past 8 yrs, that’s also known for facilities. What did u think was going to happen? Our brand will be restored, after yrs of tainting from **** poor coaches + suck *** ADs.

Man, I can’t wait. We been suffering way too long.

Advertisement
For the “Facilities Don’t Matter, Bro” crowd, what u’re forced to do is step into the 21st century of collegiate athletics. I’m pretty sure our facilities will be a multiplex, primarily for football, but student athlete friendly.

Again I’ll repeat; while some were pushing for Sleezy Tom, logical fans/alum was pushing for Rad. Highly successful AD w/ hardware to match, that’s an alum?! C’mon.

Lotta chit will be changing around here; u’re talking about a HC that was apart of our glory years, then exposed to a modern day football factory in Bama, & coached at FacilityU at UO + an AD who worked at the 2nd known Football Factory over the past 8 yrs, that’s also known for facilities. What did u think was going to happen? Our brand will be restored, after yrs of tainting from **** poor coaches + suck *** ADs.

When u said our brand will be restored, I instantly got an image of the King of Rohan talking his **** before a battle. I feel like my ***** just got struck by lightning.

At the AD Society Zoom lunch Wednesday Rad confirmed that the facilities were going to undergo a “complete and total” overhaul over the next few years. This will be a massive undertaking and will be substantially more than the IPF as far as $$$ is concerned. He commented that his current office is the same one that the AD was in when he was a student at UM in the 80s. Buckle up boys.
Dang... 40 years in the same office with just minor improvements? That's just pathetic.

Sad because that was before we won anything..since then we've won 9 natl titles between baseball and football and the Athletic director/admin office didn't get major facility improvements from that?

Alignment across the University is another message. Mario and Rad appear to be the right combination to both compliment and challenge each other. They will have the answers to the questions of “what do you need to be successful?”. And they will also have the vision and ability to explain that vision to the keep the University aligned.

When it is said things will be relocated, the U is looking at the “property” as a whole, what is being underutilized, etc. and improving the whole **** thing.

The project upcoming may be $500M type money. Not $30M type money.

The “facilities don’t matter bro” crowd was always utterly ridiculous. Yes it does especially when the big programs who win have the elite amenities for their players meanwhile miami got lockerrooms that look worse than alot of group of 5 teams and even some high schools lol

Advertisement
Lol, all that will be left is “you dont even have your own stadium!!!”.
Am I the only one thinks all this stuff is MUCH less important than paying big NIL bags? Obviously, do it all if.yoi can but.is there really THAT much money behind the program now?

Advertisement
Am I the only one thinks all this stuff is MUCH less important than paying big NIL bags? Obviously, do it all if.yoi can but.is there really THAT much money behind the program now?
Miami got enough money flowing around with nil stuff, we drastically need facility upgrades mainly in 2-3 areas as everything else is fine tbh with some of the recent upgrades. Areas that need to be addressed immediately is the lockerroom, player lounge area and training table/recovery room plus new nutritional food dining experience for the athletes. That will take care of everything that Miami needs currently

I love this, but let me play Eeyore for a minute.

Where would the soccer field and track go?

Nowadays, there is more focus and scrutiny as to the disparity between male/female sports, as well as the expenditures of the bigger ticket sports compared to the lesser ones. Presumably, this would still have to be sold to the administration and higher-ups; we all assume that Mario has been promised a lot, but this is the very same administration from not too long ago and we know where that got us. Some will raise these concerns; and while this is not the most receptive place for these concerns, they are legitimate concerns for a university whose focus isn't football but the university as a whole.

Nowadays, there is more focus and scrutiny as to the disparity between male/female sports, as well as the expenditures of the bigger ticket sports compared to the lesser ones. Presumably, this would still have to be sold to the administration and higher-ups; we all assume that Mario has been promised a lot, but this is the very same administration from not too long ago and we know where that got us. Some will raise these concerns; and while this is not the most receptive place for these concerns, they are legitimate concerns for a university whose focus isn't football but the university as a whole.
I would think someone like Rad has that planned out already. He's done some big time facilities at GT and Clemson, so it's not his first rodeo. Track coach Amy Deem is pretty well known, so I doubt she would sit there saying nothing there wasn't a plan to upgrade her facilities as well.

Obviously, we have a location in mind. I believe there is talk about adding softball, too. Exciting stuff for UM athletics.

Advertisement
Can’t wait to see Rad and Mario’s vision unfold and for renderings to become public during the donation period to support the facilities upgrade project. It will be interesting to hear the price tag, this had to have been promised to Mario prior to him signing on the dotted line. And I’m sure some other programs besides the football team will benefit from the improvements being discussed across the board. I seriously doubt Mario wouldn’t include others in this new multiplex.

Can’t wait to see Rad and Mario’s vision unfold and for renderings to become public during the donation period to support the facilities upgrade project. It will be interesting to hear the price tag, this had to have been promised to Mario prior to him signing on the dotted line. And I’m sure some other programs besides the football team will benefit from the improvements being discussed across the board. I seriously doubt Mario wouldn’t include others in this new multiplex.
RAD is obviously the AD. Overseeing ALL sports. I seriously doubt he’ll neglect the other sports and focus solely on the football program. It’s no secret a successful football program benefits the entire university including all the other sports programs.

Advertisement
RAD is obviously the AD. Overseeing ALL sports. I seriously doubt he’ll neglect the other sports and focus solely on the football program. It’s no secret a successful football program benefits the entire university including all the other sports programs.
Agreed.The AD Society @Canesfreak mentioned is for UM Athletics. Starts at $50K. ($10K a year over 5 years). Started in 2021.

Big boy (and girl) time at The U.

Agreed.The AD Society @Canesfreak mentioned is for UM Athletics. Starts at $50K. ($10K a year over 5 years). Started in 2021.

Big boy (and girl) time at The U.
As the old saying goes “Rome wasn’t built in a day”. However, with Rad and Mario’s experience and the apparent financial backing now in place, overall athletic department upgrades could happen sooner rather than later.

As the old saying goes “Rome wasn’t built in a day”. However, with Rad and Mario’s experience and the apparent financial backing now in place, overall athletic department upgrades could happen sooner rather than later.
Yep. I think they know what they’ve seen, know what they want and understand you can’t tear down everything without a plan… a plan that captures the net greater good…

Advertisement
Back