F$U Recruiting Class

Advertisement
Come on. Golden is a proven failure and charlatan, who couldn’t run a major program. Norvell was significantly better at Memphis than Golden was at Temple, and he hasn’t yet proven to be a failure or fraud at FSU. So for you to say Golden was ‘way more capable’ of running a major program is silly.

Did I miss the memo where he quietly assembled a great group of recruiters? Where are these guys? They have the 9th best class in the country in May. Miami oftentimes had the #1 class in the country in May. Were other fanbases starting threads on their boards about Miami’s silent assassins on the trail? FOH. FSU has garbage *** recruiters and they’re gonna win 5 games this year, again. Let’s check back in December to see how awesome these recruiters are.
Yea when the real elite recruiting schools want what they have they will get poached. Not one big time program cares about recruiting until signing day creeps closer....by that time these bags will have run out. Those kids will be looking for more money and if someone wants them they gone. It's the same **** we used to go through and somehow we have adapted a tiny bit. I'll credit Manny for that

When I said Mack wont let that happen I meant he wont let them sleepwalk into a game like FSU again... your right everything went wrong for them that night.

I watched that game and just felt they thought it would be an easy W

UNC absolutely came out flat the first half of that game. Like you, I suspect they thought they were walking into an easy victory against a broken team. Instead, F$U catches a few lucky breaks early, starts to believe they can win, and that momentum carries the day to a W.
Yeah, UNC stepped onto the field in the second half with their hair on fire and didn't let F$U score again, but it was too late (though if that game was 5 minutes longer, Forfeit State loses).

Advertisement
When I said Mack wont let that happen I meant he wont let them sleepwalk into a game like FSU again... your right everything went wrong for them that night.

I watched that game and just felt they thought it would be an easy W

And he’s been letting worse teams beat him for better part of a decade

They lost to UVA as well

Advertisement
LMAO. People who say this are delusional, imo. Sure, he could have scapegoated and bought a year but he was going to fail either way. It was his defensive scheme, for crying out loud.

Well I can tell you that in my delusion I absolutely hated the hire from Day 1.... the Golden years seemed to last forever.

Golden couldn't get out of his own way and yeah it was his and his boy NO-D scheme but my post said had he canned NO-D and hired someone competent who might have been able to get him to adjust he might.... might have lasted longer

Well I can tell you that in my delusion I absolutely hated the hire from Day 1.... the Golden years seemed to last forever.

Golden couldn't get out of his own way and yeah it was his and his boy NO-D scheme but my post said had he canned NO-D and hired someone competent who might have been able to get him to adjust he might.... might have lasted longer
He got himself 5 years, which was 2-3 too many but the sanctions bought him time. You're right if he'd scapegoated his staff after year 4, he'd probably have gotten one more year. But the failure is on him, he was going to fail either way, and folks who think he'd have been good if he'd had a different DC, I just don't understand why they'd think that.

Advertisement
Pretty sure we stopped taking commits from players who had not visited once it was confirmed the dead period would be lifted.

When we were summer recruiting champs getting punked on NSD it was embarrassing and depressing. I recall a year where we had the number one class at this time and Bama had like 2 recruits. Y’all know how that story ended.

I’d be patient and stop worrying about what these early classes look like until players start taking visits.

Advertisement
I always love these "Mack (or any coach) won't let that happen again". Did anyone actually watch the game? Sam Howell hit Josh Kaindoh, a Defensive End, in the chest with a pass and he returned it for a touchdown. That was Mack's fault?

UNC played a terrible first half and FSU got some incredibly lucky plays. You don't see defensive ends return interceptions for touchdowns very often. FSU also blocked two punts in the half. Don't see that happen often either. It was a fluky game, it happens. It's the reason why it's incredibly hard to go undefeated in college football, and maybe 1 team does it per year. You just don't play your best week in and week out.

FSU had about 120 yards of offense in the 2nd half and were outscored 21-0. Just a weird game. They happen.

This is impossible. CIS porsters have convinced me that Sam Howell is the greatest QB to ever play college football.

They beat UNC. I don’t think they’ll be much improved on defense. They do t have any dynamic players on O imo...BUT, that said that QB imo gives them a chance. He looked good and seemed to have a command of the O in the spring game
Behind the OL I saw at their spring game he will not last half the season.

The Noles are putting together a really nice class on paper (emphasis added). They currently have two 5 Star recruits in Travis Hunter (absolute baller) and Sam McCall and just recently added an OL from IMG who was being pursued by several SEC teams. They might also benefit from landing several highly rated legacy recruits from South Florida as well.

I recognize as soon as they start losing games, especially those games where they are expected to win, their class will fall apart. Ironically, it reminds me of our classes in the past that were ranked Top 5 or so heading into the season and then we would suffer 3 or more consecutive losses and the decommitments would pile up. We did that for several years.

I do not expect F$U to finish with the #1 class in the ACC. But, we cannot ignore the fact that Norvell has quietly assembled a staff of very good recruiters. That cannot be denied from what we have seen so far. Norvell has added several South Florida connections and the program undeniably made an early impression on Kelly and currently has Mortimer (an underrated but very good WR) committed. They are effectively selling playing time to big time players and it is working despite the product we all saw on the field last year and the spring game. Ultimately, success on the field has to be shown or players will stop buying into the story they are being told.

With Taggart, I was never worried because despite his early success recruiting (remember those corny "ring ring" tweets), he did not give me the impression that his staff could develop players and Taggart did not have a history of consistent success from prior stops. Norvell did more with less at Memphis and his offense was exciting.

There is no reason to panic because we don't know if FSU's current recruiting success is sustainable. It is much too soon to determine if Norvell and staff can develop these players. With that said, we need to keep our enemies close and do our part in keeping them down.
I don't know, seems like the FSU of the world have a longer leash than we do : they been bad for a number of years now

Advertisement
Back