Expecting Big Things From Haskins and Irvin

UknowWhat

Senior
I think these two will rise in Njuko's absence Irvin has great hands and good size... Shaq has told me that Haskins has had the defensive coachs ****ed at the D for the plays he would make while on the scout Offense. On several occasions ... to the point he had been told not to catch the ball... Shaq didnt have much opposition with Irving because he would be with the Offense.. but he says Haskins is a beast.. I take Shaq's word... He told me back in the spring Isidora was the best OL...after the season i believe him

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Haskins surprised me when I caught glimpses of him in fall practices. Have mentioned that a few times. First of all, he's a giant kid. Secondly, he projects to hold the point blocking better than any TE we've had here in a while, as he was already doing a good job as a True Frosh. Lastly, he flashed athletic ability in the passing game, which was the most surprising part.

I'll maintain that, if he can stay on campus, and somehow naturally outgrows the TE position by getting up to about 285, he'd likely make a fantastic DT.

Advertisement
[MENTION=10044]UknowWhat[/MENTION], thanks for the info. How is your recovery coming along?

Haskins surprised me when I caught glimpses of him in fall practices. Have mentioned that a few times. First of all, he's a giant kid. Secondly, he projects to hold the point blocking better than any TE we've had here in a while, as he was already doing a good job as a True Frosh. Lastly, he flashed athletic ability in the passing game, which was the most surprising part.

I'll maintain that, if he can stay on campus, and somehow naturally outgrows the TE position by getting up to about 285, he'd likely make a fantastic DT.

Someone connected with Haskins coaches at my school. Im pulling for the kid.

[MENTION=10044]UknowWhat[/MENTION], thanks for the info. How is your recovery coming along?
Feeling better thanks taking Shaq back to Miami...first Road Trip is proving to be a bit uncomfortable but still gettig better

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Uknow, any word on if they've matured enough off the field to stay out of trouble? We need those two to deliver. Once Herndon graduates it's up to them.

Now u wanna convert TEs to DTs? Lol killing me

Yeah, who could ever make the conversion from TE to DT - well, other than Warren Sapp who's in the HOF....

Advertisement

You are the king of ****** posting. :ttdG2M10mxVZxan.jpg

You keep saying this. STOP.

If he has hands and can play TE then its better to great a rare mismatch with a 285 pound TE that can block and catch equally.

I wonder how many people remember this freak?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzyE5_bCKew

That's actually not what I said.

But, how about adding something of substance to one of these? These conversations happen all the time between coaches and scouts. Converting average WRs to DBs for 17-18 year old prospects is normal. ****, it's now happening more from college to NFL.

Converting guys who outgrow positions - like overgrown WRs to TEs or TEs to another position - is pretty **** common. Ask Jim Harbaugh.

Advertisement

If he has hands and can play TE then its better to great a rare mismatch with a 285 pound TE that can block and catch equally.

Give me a break. The TE position has changed so much since Eric Green that it's not even worth an extended discussion. Go ahead and name me 285 pound TEs making a ton of money in the NFL right now.

Nonetheless, if Haskins can maintain his athleticism as he further grows, by all means.I'm well aware of CIS reading comprehension problems, but I'm not ASKING for the move. I'm contemplating how to best make a player $$$ if he outgrows a position.

We are going to need DTs in 2018 and 2019. If Haskins grows to 285lb without a ginormous spare tire, could be a dominant DT in the Darnell Docket mode.

Bottom line is coaches should do their best job of getting players into their $ positions. Regardless of our need at "position X," if we build a program where players know they're going to be optimized for their careers, that's a really good look for prospects.

By the way, if we were to bring in Logan, the need for 2018 DTs is even less, so this or any move would be only if it benefits Haskins.

It's funny, because these convos have been going on for near 2 decades now. There were tons of people arguing about why Eric Winston shouldn't move to Tackle. The point is don't force kids into positions. Let them grow their bodies and find the best match.

You're absolutely right about Hask beeing a Giant kid, I've met him before & he absoluetly towers over me & I'm 6'2...

He's listed at 6'4 but he has to at least be 6'6-6'7... Idk about him getting up to 285lbs, but if he sticks around 250-260lbs he could be like Jimmy Graham or Martellus Bennett.

Advertisement
Back