Expecting a Rocky 2012 for Miami (Fla.)

Advertisement
Rocky is from Philadelphia. Golden came from Philadelphia. We may have something here.

i know we have the deck stacked against us, but we should still win the coastal next year. If we do not have at least 8 wins next year the season will be a major disapointment and we wont be making as much progress as we should.

Advertisement
Honestly, I almost consider THIS year to be Golden's FIRST year.

God Almighty. Last year all the suspensions, cupboard was empty, the dishes on the table were cracked and some unwashed, and even the silverware was badly tarnished.

THIS year, we are replacing the cupboard, got a batch of clean, new dishes, and we haven't opened the new silverware yet to know how many shiny pieces we actually have.

May be a lot of Rocky's on this squad.

Heaven knows, we're going to need them.

i know we have the deck stacked against us, but we should still win the coastal next year. If we do not have at least 8 wins next year the season will be a major disapointment and we wont be making as much progress as we should.

Don't hold your breathe. We might have more roster problems this year then last, tons of new guys will have to play at WR, DE, LB, CB, S.

I think you are giving our division opponents MUCH more credit then they deserve. We will have more talent than UNC, GT, Duke, NCST, Boston College, Virginia Tech (yeah I said it), Virginia, USF, Bethune Cookman, Kansas St (yep said that **** too)..

only teams that have equal or more talent will be FSU and Notre Dame...

if half of those less than a TD losses goes our way with those lesser teams that should EASILY put us at 8.

I dont know... pcity... I think if any year was our year/years it was these past two seasons... 2010 and 2011... UNC, VT and UVA will be pretty good... And FSU is always a toss up... I expect us to ave a record above 500 but I dont know about winning the coastal...

Advertisement
Anyone expecting to win more than 5 or six games next year needs their heads examined. It's 1997 bad or worse.

I think you are giving our division opponents MUCH more credit then they deserve. We will have more talent than UNC, GT, Duke, NCST, Boston College, Virginia Tech (yeah I said it), Virginia, USF, Bethune Cookman, Kansas St (yep said that **** too)..

only teams that have equal or more talent will be FSU and Notre Dame...

if half of those less than a TD losses goes our way with those lesser teams that should EASILY put us at 8.

I think you are overrating our talent a bit but let's dig a little deeper. FWIW I'm expecting Vernon to leave also and have a feeling RRA won't be either.

Bold guys are returning players who have seen some action. Others are newcomers or RS.

DE: Chickillo, Green . Williams and the new FR will compete
DT: Smith, Porter, Grimble, Pierre, Ojomo(?) . Robinson returns. King, Alexis and FR
LB: Gaines, Cain, Perryman, Buchanon(?) . Paul, Johnson, and FR
CB: McGee, Finnie . DJohnson, Payne, and FR
S: VT, Highsmith, Rodgers . Crawford, Armbrister and Fr.

That defense is downright scary. DE, S, CB is a nightmare. LB isn't in great shape. DT, a position that has been talked about for a long time as being in bad shape, is where we have the most experienced numbers. If there is all this talent it is certainly young because here are our upperclassmen:
Green, Smith, Porter, Ojomo, Gaines, Cain, Buchanon, McGee, VT, Highsmith, Rodgers. How many of those guys are talented difference makers?

Advertisement
That article was a glass of cold water to the face. Taking off my eternally optimistic orange and green glasses, unless the strength and condition program this off-season is a huge success (it hasn't been in the past), we hit on almost every commit plus land a couple of immediate contributors (Howard, Bush, Goldman), and the entire culture of the program changes to one of hard work with an emphasis on team, we are going to be in a eerily similar situation than we were this year. That's not counting sanctions coming our way.

All of this is obvious, but this article just hit me like a ton of bricks...

Last edited:
That article was a glass of cold water to the face. Taking off my eternally optimistic orange and green glasses, unless the strength and condition program this off-season is a huge success (it hasn't been in the past), we hit on almost every commit plus land a couple of immediate contributors (Howard, Bush, Goldman), and the entire culture of the program changes to one of hard work with an emphasis on team, we are going to be in a eerily similar situation than we were this year. That's not counting sanctions coming our way.

All of this is obvious, but this article just hit me like a ton of bricks...

Are we still in it for Howard? Herald says it's down to Bama, LSU, FSU, UF.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/12/08/2536611/tracy-howard-and-deon-bush-friends.html

We have the right guy at the helm of the ship, it may get a little bumpy, but hey he's still installing his program.

Advertisement
I read the title and thought this...

View attachment 1265

10.jpg

It will be tough but looking forward to the post 08 class years. I need a qb with an arm. Some DBS who are smart and have ball skills.

I just don't think that's a reasonable expectation when you consider our roster and our schedule...nd kstate vt etc.etc.etc. are going to be tough games.. I feel lke we can over achieve and still only win 6 or 7 games

ND and KST are not important to me next year.

Yes I would be happy if we won those games, and I dont think they are unwinnable at all. I hate ND as much as the next guy... but in the grand scheme, those games dont matter. We have to focus on winning our division next year, because that is the most realistic goal that could bring these guys together to accomplish it.

Remember that we didnt lose a single game last year by more than 8 points not to mention all of the BS and adversity we had to go through. We were still 2 or 3 swings the other way from mabye winning 9 or 10 games. To think we wont compete and/or beat the likes of VT, UNC, NCST, DUKE, FSU, GT, BC, UVA... is ludacris.

We have gotten the **** end of the stick of almost every big call for years now. The ball will bounce our way eventually. There is NO reason we cant win 6 of 8 of those conference games and possibly compete for an acc title.

Advertisement
Back