Expecting a Rocky 2012 for Miami (Fla.)

We had more talent on the field than UVA, BC and MD this year and lost. We had enough talent to beat VT and FSU and still lost. Next years team has major concerns and I don't see 8 wins.

I think you are giving our division opponents MUCH more credit then they deserve. We will have more talent than UNC, GT, Duke, NCST, Boston College, Virginia Tech (yeah I said it), Virginia, USF, Bethune Cookman, Kansas St (yep said that **** too)..

only teams that have equal or more talent will be FSU and Notre Dame...

if half of those less than a TD losses goes our way with those lesser teams that should EASILY put us at 8.

Advertisement
This. Just look at next years roster on defense and the skill positions on offense and ask yourself how many of those guys have proven they can be above average players consistently. It's a very short list.

I think you are giving our division opponents MUCH more credit then they deserve. We will have more talent than UNC, GT, Duke, NCST, Boston College, Virginia Tech (yeah I said it), Virginia, USF, Bethune Cookman, Kansas St (yep said that **** too)..

only teams that have equal or more talent will be FSU and Notre Dame...

if half of those less than a TD losses goes our way with those lesser teams that should EASILY put us at 8.

I think you are overrating our talent a bit but let's dig a little deeper. FWIW I'm expecting Vernon to leave also and have a feeling RRA won't be either.

Bold guys are returning players who have seen some action. Others are newcomers or RS.

DE: Chickillo, Green . Williams and the new FR will compete
DT: Smith, Porter, Grimble, Pierre, Ojomo(?) . Robinson returns. King, Alexis and FR
LB: Gaines, Cain, Perryman, Buchanon(?) . Paul, Johnson, and FR
CB: McGee, Finnie . DJohnson, Payne, and FR
S: VT, Highsmith, Rodgers . Crawford, Armbrister and Fr.

That defense is downright scary. DE, S, CB is a nightmare. LB isn't in great shape. DT, a position that has been talked about for a long time as being in bad shape, is where we have the most experienced numbers. If there is all this talent it is certainly young because here are our upperclassmen:
Green, Smith, Porter, Ojomo, Gaines, Cain, Buchanon, McGee, VT, Highsmith, Rodgers. How many of those guys are talented difference makers?

Honestly, I almost consider THIS year to be Golden's FIRST year.

God Almighty. Last year all the suspensions, cupboard was empty, the dishes on the table were cracked and some unwashed, and even the silverware was badly tarnished.

THIS year, we are replacing the cupboard, got a batch of clean, new dishes, and we haven't opened the new silverware yet to know how many shiny pieces we actually have.

May be a lot of Rocky's on this squad.

Heaven knows, we're going to need them.

I wonder if this was the first post where that term was mentioned.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back