Expected Impact for Francisco Mauigoa??

Advertisement
Advertisement
What's the empirical one's advice on how to emotionally prepare thyself for even more imminent disappointment???
Great question!

I have a proprietary blend of psylocybin dosage that I augment with bourbon chasers.

Once I have a good level "on board", I then come to CIS and desperately seek validation of my poor life choices through my porsting prose.

I choose to make my reality, a reality.

Great question!

I have a proprietary blend of psylocybin dosage that I augment with bourbon chasers.

Once I have a good level "on board", I then come to CIS and desperately seek validation of my poor life choices through my porsting prose.

I choose to make my reality, a reality.
The Big Lebowski Movie GIF by Focus Features

Advertisement
This board is extremely bipolar.

So, preseason (before we actually watch him play), definitely all-ACC and a top 3 round pick. After he whiffs on his first tackle in the 1st quarter of the 1st game, that assessment will immediately change in the most extreme way possible, as follows:

1.There will be a "Chase Smith is not hurt" thread;
2. Various posters will proclaim the backups whom they've never seen play except a grainy HS recruiting video are better;
3. Even more posters will proclaim the freshmen LBs should be playing immediately;
4. Mario will be blamed for playing "favorites" like Manny;
5. Mario will be blamed for placing upper-classmen over under-classmen;
6. We'll get a thread asking why Mario didn't find a way to keep Charlie Strong on the staff, because the overwhelming consensus will be that Derek Nicholson sucks and can't coach and can only recruit;
7. We'll be wondering what Ryan Ragone is up to these days.

/oh and mind you, this'll be before the end of the first half of game 1.

This board is extremely bipolar.

So, preseason (before we actually watch him play), definitely all-ACC and a top 3 round pick. After he whiffs on his first tackle in the 1st quarter of the 1st game, that assessment will immediately change in the most extreme way possible, as follows:

1.There will be a "Chase Smith is not hurt" thread;
2. Various posters will proclaim the backups whom they've never seen play except a grainy HS recruiting video are better;
3. Even more posters will proclaim the freshmen LBs should be playing immediately;
4. Mario will be blamed for playing "favorites" like Manny;
5. Mario will be blamed for placing upper-classmen over under-classmen;
6. We'll get a thread asking why Mario didn't find a way to keep Charlie Strong on the staff, because the overwhelming consensus will be that Derek Nicholson sucks and can't coach and can only recruit;
7. We'll be wondering what Ryan Ragone is up to these days.

/oh and mind you, this'll be before the end of the first half of game 1.
I LOVE your porsts one minute, then HATE them the next.

Will we be running with 2 LBs and 5 DBs as a base defense? Hope so.

I believe for most part. Guidry's recent defenses did have more of a traditional SAM on the field more often than Diaz or Steele did. I read I believe like 30% of the time.

Whereas I believe last year we had 3 backers on the field like 10% of the time?

Diaz was a striker (Frierson/Finley) I THINK this is closer than that just a true nice like Steele was in. Maybe even more traditional than the Diaz striker role. At least this is judging by Marshall.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We have 5 LB on the roster with actual experience and you want to run off Flagg. Stop and think before you post.
Welcome to the world of transfers in college football where experienced rooms can be devastated with transfers.

Absolutely. Still need depth though.

Ppl forget there are injuries and special teams. Can’t run off every kid. Flagg is high character, high motor…even if that motor is a little slower than others. I respect the **** out of Flagg. Never heard a negative thing about the kid and he shows up every Saturday and plays his heart out. We need more kids with flags competitive spirit and character on this roster.

But leave it to CIS to want to run him off year after year. I have had my complaints with his lack of speed in plenty of threads but no need to keep beating a dead horse. The most talented kids will play and the other LB will be on special team. It’s how a good roster is built.

Ppl forget there are injuries and special teams. Can’t run off every kid. Flagg is high character, high motor…even if that motor is a little slower than others. I respect the **** out of Flagg. Never heard a negative thing about the kid and he shows up every Saturday and plays his heart out. We need more kids with flags competitive spirit and character on this roster.

But leave it to CIS to want to run him off year after year. I have had my complaints with his lack of speed in plenty of threads but no need to keep beating a dead horse. The most talented kids will play and the other LB will be on special team. It’s how a good roster is built.
We have been winning so many championships with competitive and high character players. Let’s get all the good kids that wanna be Hurricanes. So we can keep repeating the last 15 years.

Advertisement
Back