Expected Impact for Francisco Mauigoa??

Advertisement
An actual difference maker on the 2nd level and a noticeable improvement. He has the size, speed, and coverage ability that won’t put us in a disadvantage vs RBs/TE’s more times than not like we have been accustomed to since Shaq left.

To a degree, si.

However, Jaquan wouldn't have fixed all the missed tackles by each defender in back half of defense.

Some games it was almost on purpose it seemed. Benny Hill skit. Keystone cops futile.

benny-hill.gif
benny-hill.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Over flagg?! Returning starters rarely have been benched at miami in recent history.. THAT would show actual change
you really think mauigoa came here to sit behind flagg and that anything in the past that has happened has any actual bearing on that decision?

you really think mauigoa came here to sit behind flagg and that anything in the past that has happened has any actual bearing on that decision?
didnt we have another pac12 lb last year coming in last year? same **** different year until proven otherwise, we stuck in groundhog day

didnt we have another pac12 lb last year coming in last year? same **** different year until proven otherwise, we stuck in groundhog day
I get your point but it's just factual that mauigoa is on a different level than caleb johnson

caleb johnson was an average starter, Mauigoa was arguably top 2 in the PAC 12

I get your point but it's just factual that mauigoa is on a different level than caleb johnson

caleb johnson was an average starter, Mauigoa was arguably top 2 in the PAC 12
I'm pretty sure Caleb Johnson also lost his starting spot or started to lose snaps atleast at UCLA as well.

Advertisement
I suspect there is a very fine line between Little Manuela and Guidry's D.

I'd offer Diaz's D is indistinguishable from Guidry's if Little Manuela's units didn't miss 50 tackles per game.

Good example is all the whiffs against Mich St. They make even 50% of what they missed and Miami maybe wins that game.

View attachment 232242
👇👇👇👇👇👇

Guidry's D tackles better past LoS than Diaz's futility. In fact, it is a critical component of the philosophy.
Well hopefully Guidrys D is not like mannys d. gimmicky and can only stop lesser talented teams

Another year, another transfer linebacker who’s going to “take Flagg’s job”. Let’s hope this guy plays a lot better than the dude we got from UCLA last year that did nothing but miss tackles when he wasn’t on the bench. Flagg is a good role player type but we really need an impact player at MLB. I really like what we saw from Bisanthe late last year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back