Expectations going forward?

Has to do much better than Manny NO EXCUSES.

IF NOT....WTF is all the hoopla about?

Why do we expect growing pains when we insisted on getting a proven coach?

This team was on a roll in Manny's recent games. There's no reason why that shouldn't continue. We've said Manny's teams underperformed. With a good coach we should be performing at a much higher level with this team's talent.

With some additional defensive help I see only two justifiable losses next year.

Give me a break, I'm not going to hold a "much better coach" to lower expectations than I had for Manny

And so it begins...
Because you'll be potentially implementing two new systems with a multiple new coaches.

If the staff decide to play younger more talented guys, you'll lose more games based on mistakes of inexperience.

JJ took a national championship team and went 8-4 the next year. Year 3 is when he was playing in the NC.

These are some of the reasons people have tempered expectations year 1. Year 2 should be division champ and year 3 play off bound.

Advertisement
I expect a bowl win next year. If Mario is truly an upgrade, he will have the team humming at the end of the season and will beat any school he is matched up with. Also, more wins than this year.

I’m not sure what to expect next year TBH. Two things that can be a big issue, LB and pass rush. I don’t know if Wes and Kelly can be immediate impacts and if they aren’t, we may see more defensive struggles that allow us to drop some games.

Pass rush is the big one. A god pass rush leads to rushed decisions, negative plays and turnovers. Notice we were awful in takeaways last year and our pass rush was cheeks.

Do not overlook UNC. They have recruited very well over the last 3 years and have equal talent as us on their roster.

I just want to be feared again with being respected later.

There a scene in “ A Bronx tale “ true story movie.

The head of the city mobster was asked, what’s better to be respected or feared .

Feared once you have this then you’ll be respected not the other way.

Second was the bar scene with the motor cycle gang “ NOWZ YOUZ CANT LEAVE “.

I highly recommend this true story .

GOCANES

Advertisement
9-3 year one is floor

After that expecting 10 win seasons year in and year out

Top 10 recruiting class every year

ACC title within 3 years

9 wins is a good expectation in year 1. Mario is inheriting solid talent on offense with a stud qb, the defense of course needs a lot of work. His biggest challenge is changing the culture and having assistants strong enough to outcoach bad habits out of our guys: unnecessary penalties, awful tackling, kick/punt coverage, and mediocre blocking. I need to see our fundamentals improve immediately. We know Mario is a savage recruiter who will raise the talent level to elite over time. I see Clemson, ATM, UNC, and Virginia as the most challenging games on our schedule in that order. Pitt will have lots of turnover, VA Tech & GA Tech are a mess, and FSU loses their only difference maker in Johnson. No reason to not have a minimum 8 wins but old habits are hard to break even for good coaches. I'll give us 9-3 in year 1.

9-3 year one is floor

ACC title within 3 years
Theoretically true, but we've seen how difficult it somehow is to actually win 9 games. From where we're sitting, there's no earthly reason, but I won't be surprised if we win fewer.

Advertisement
Now that we've got our guy in Mario Cristobal, what are your short term and long term expectations going forward? From both a recruiting standpoint and on field success.

Mario is the best coach we've had in 20 years, so obviously we have every reason to be super excited and extremely optimistic.

Short term
- Looking ahead at our schedule, we have games @ TA&M and @ Clemson. The rest of our games we will (or should) have more talent than anyone we face. I might sound like a broken record, but win or lose those 2 games and next season should be, at the very minimum, a trip to the ACCCG. Key opponents at home: unc, fsu and pitt. We should win those 3 games. And to be honest, we should have won those 3 games this season.

2 to 4 years from now - Every season we should be signing a top 10 class, and no worse than the second best class in the ACC every year. We all know Mario can recruit, so this is a realistic expectation imo.

Also, our o-line and d-line should consistently be deep with some of the best talent.

By this time in Mario's tenure we should be the favorite to win the coastal, and we should win it a few times, and sniffing be the playoffs. (In the hunt of playoffs if playoffs are still 4 teams, actually IN the playoffs if they've expanded to 8 teams.) Again, seeing what he was able to do in Oregon, I don't think winning the ACC 2 or 3 times in the next 4 seasons is out of the question. (Especially if Dabo goes to the Raiders.)

Long term expectations
5 to 10 years
- in 5 years, Mario is 56, in 10 years he's 61. Assuming his first 5 season have been successful, there's zero talks of retirement or looking for a new coach. I fully expect him to be at Miami long term. I'm picturing a Mark Richt at UGA type of career, but with an even better win %, more conference championships etc.

This is Mario's dream job, his home, and that's well documented. We all know that, so I fully expect him to have a long coaching tenure at Miami.

11 to 15 years - This is just me being a homer at this point, so I say this playfully, but he retires with 3 national titles, 8 or 9 playoff appearances and ACC titles. He is considered the best coach Miami has ever had. His head coach in waiting, Ken Dorsey, is ready to lead us for the next 10 years! lol

What say you?
How do you this playing out?
piJDvfPb8SwZ4hwsPp.gif

9-3 year one is floor

ACC title within 3 years
Love how the expectations are pathetically low for 8 million bucks. You have a potential Heisman winner in TVD, 10+ wins should be the floor with any competent coach with this garbage division. Outside of a rebuilding Clemson and TAMU, Miami may very well be favored in every game they play. Even TAMU and Clemson aren't juggernauts, TAMU has the same **** record as us this year and Clemson will be replacing multiple coaches, and those hires aren't world beaters.

Advertisement
Love how the expectations are pathetically low for 8 million bucks. You have a potential Heisman winner in TVD, 10+ wins should be the floor with any competent coach with this garbage division. Outside of a rebuilding Clemson and TAMU, Miami may very well be favored in every game they play. Even TAMU and Clemson aren't juggernauts, TAMU has the same **** record as us this year and Clemson will be replacing multiple coaches, and those hires aren't world beaters.
Expecting 10 win seasons every year is low and an ACC title win within 3 years is too?

I'm sorry, are those things we've done consistently in the last 20 years?

Maybe you should understand a little more about where our program sits right now before commenting

Expecting 10 win seasons every year is low and an ACC title win within 3 years is too?

I'm sorry, are those things we've done consistently in the last 20 years?

Maybe you should understand a little more about where our program sits right now before commenting
Miami is paying a top end coach 8 million per year and he's inheriting a team that has legit talent across the skill positions and a legit Heisman contender at QB and people want to act like him winning 1 additional game more than a garbage dump is the floor. Mario, if he's just merely competent should win 10+ with this roster next fall, and that's if he only manages to clean up basic crap. Most of us would be happy with Miami going 10-2 with a bushel of beatdowns over the mediocre trash in the ACC.

Miami is paying a top end coach 8 million per year and he's inheriting a team that has legit talent across the skill positions and a legit Heisman contender at QB and people want to act like him winning 1 additional game more than a garbage dump is the floor. Mario, if he's just merely competent should win 10+ with this roster next fall, and that's if he only manages to clean up basic crap. Most of us would be happy with Miami going 10-2 with a bushel of beatdowns over the mediocre trash in the ACC.
And Mel Tucker is getting paid $95 million

Your point is too broad and not with context. He'll need to do well but just because the market shifted and we paid more doesn't mean he can change our roster and get us to the playoffs year one lmao.

I think my original point was the realistic expectation, for most rational fans. You may disagree but that's your opinion

Advertisement
And Mel Tucker is getting paid $95 million

Your point is too broad and not with context. He'll need to do well but just because the market shifted and we paid more doesn't mean he can change our roster and get us to the playoffs year one lmao.

I think my original point was the realistic expectation, for most rational fans. You may disagree but that's your opinion
The context is that Miami talent wise should be significantly better than 90% of the teams they play next year. Coaching is what got Miami 7-5 this year, a good coach should be able to get 2-3 wins from merely not making dumbass mistakes and holding people accountable.

What are the rules here on the amount of skepticism one is allowed to communicate without being banned?

The context is that Miami talent wise should be significantly better than 90% of the teams they play next year. Coaching is what got Miami 7-5 this year, a good coach should be able to get 2-3 wins from merely not making dumbass mistakes and holding people accountable.
What are you even arguing?

I said 9-3 was the floor year one (because we play A&M and Clemson on the road and we are certainly not going to be favored in those.)

and 10+ wins consistently after that... You make this big statement about my low expectations and then you say Miami should win 2-3 more games than 7-5 lmao? That's exactly the same as my original statement which now apparently you agree with

Advertisement
Back