Expectations going forward?

klineski96

[]_ _[]
Premium
Now that we've got our guy in Mario Cristobal, what are your short term and long term expectations going forward? From both a recruiting standpoint and on field success.

Mario is the best coach we've had in 20 years, so obviously we have every reason to be super excited and extremely optimistic.

Short term
- Looking ahead at our schedule, we have games @ TA&M and @ Clemson. The rest of our games we will (or should) have more talent than anyone we face. I might sound like a broken record, but win or lose those 2 games and next season should be, at the very minimum, a trip to the ACCCG. Key opponents at home: unc, fsu and pitt. We should win those 3 games. And to be honest, we should have won those 3 games this season.

2 to 4 years from now - Every season we should be signing a top 10 class, and no worse than the second best class in the ACC every year. We all know Mario can recruit, so this is a realistic expectation imo.

Also, our o-line and d-line should consistently be deep with some of the best talent.

By this time in Mario's tenure we should be the favorite to win the coastal, and we should win it a few times, and sniffing be the playoffs. (In the hunt of playoffs if playoffs are still 4 teams, actually IN the playoffs if they've expanded to 8 teams.) Again, seeing what he was able to do in Oregon, I don't think winning the ACC 2 or 3 times in the next 4 seasons is out of the question. (Especially if Dabo goes to the Raiders.)

Long term expectations
5 to 10 years
- in 5 years, Mario is 56, in 10 years he's 61. Assuming his first 5 season have been successful, there's zero talks of retirement or looking for a new coach. I fully expect him to be at Miami long term. I'm picturing a Mark Richt at UGA type of career, but with an even better win %, more conference championships etc.

This is Mario's dream job, his home, and that's well documented. We all know that, so I fully expect him to have a long coaching tenure at Miami.

11 to 15 years - This is just me being a homer at this point, so I say this playfully, but he retires with 3 national titles, 8 or 9 playoff appearances and ACC titles. He is considered the best coach Miami has ever had. His head coach in waiting, Ken Dorsey, is ready to lead us for the next 10 years! lol

What say you?
How do you this playing out?

Advertisement
first year with a new coach, growing pains, i'd put the bar at 8-10 wins. 8 would be somewhat disappointing but not the end of the world (though i'm sure people on here would act like it). 10 would be excellent. 9 is what i'd hope for.

eh there's a lot to unpack, I'll feel better knowing who our coordinators are

but with the upheaval in the coastal, I mean we SHOULD dominated

everyone but UNC, GT, and Pitt got new head coaches which is absolutely insane

Last edited:
Advertisement
eh there's a lot to unpack, I'll feel better knowing who our coordinators are

but with the upheaval in the coastal, I mean we SHOULD dominated

everyone but UVA and Pitt got new head coaches which is absolutely insane
I think UVA may get a new coach too no?

Advertisement
We do have tough road games next season - A&M and Clemson the most obvious, then a VT team in transition, UVA somewhat respectable (rest are trash).

I'd say as of now, 9 wins and i'm content (that would change if recruiting and Transfer portal heats up big time), but I really do think 10-2 is extremely achievable, especially with the offense's potential.

Salvage what he can of this class, raid the portal and address immediate needs.

No reason we shouldn't win the Coastal next season.

ACC Champs and CFP by year 3.

Advertisement
Advertisement
9 win regular season wins at minimum next year.. for me..

Not trying to hear any excuses either.

Advertisement
Back