Excuses coming in

Can already see it coming...

"Well, Joe, I know that the improvement isn't seen in the W-L column, but you have to take this year for what it is. We lost 11 players to the draft...not college team finds it easy to replace that. Our QB was only a sop****re. And, ya know, we had a lot of day games this year. It's HOT in Miami, ya know? Again, I've said ti before, no excuses and it's on me and my staff to turn this thing around, but I just think we had a lot going against us this year and we are trending upward."

Advertisement
What he really means is... We really miss not having any of the following kids on campus: Cook, Collins, Michel, Williams, Kronkite.

What he really means is... We really miss not having any of the following kids on campus: Cook, Collins, Michel, Williams, Kronkite.

Not to derail this thread ... But Michel may also miss not coming to Miami's campus.

He would have been #2 on the depth chart last year ... And a clear #1 this year, ahead of Gus and Yearby.

He was #4 at UGA, behind Gurley, Marshall, and Chubb ... And may still be #3 this year, behind Chubb and Marshall. Maybe Chubb gets injured from his workload, and Sony gets his shot ... But that's a big maybe, IMO.

The rest of those guys likely made really smart decisions ... But I'm not sure Michel did ...

#BackToTheTopic

Golden today "Not having Duke Johnson is presenting a great challenge to us" per CaneSport.

No kidding moron, you've had 4 years to bring in talent to replace him but lost them to other schools.

Already making excuses for a chit 4-8 season coming up. Just hope The Mexican doesn't buy this BS.

Maybe they were working on fumble recoveries and didn't have someone who could put the ball on the ground as effortlessly as Duke. That could be the challenge to which C A G is referring.

Advertisement
I don't mind the excuse because it's true. What bothers me much more is the fact that he couldn't do anything EVEN WITH Duke here. He makes it seem like Duke's time here was one of winning and success. Get out of here.

Advertisement
Perhaps they miss the divisive cliques in the locker room and know that they don't have anyone who can divide a locker room and sabotage a team like Duke?

I'd bet my favorite pair of jeans that Al was the first to use "the dog ate my homework" excuse. This guy needs a beat down in the worst way. I've never seen a corch as sorry as this guy. Just amazing he always making excuses!

Golden today "Not having Duke Johnson is presenting a great challenge to us" per CaneSport.

No kidding moron, you've had 4 years to bring in talent to replace him but lost them to other schools.

That quote is a bit out of context. Here is more of that exchange, which appears to be a fair answer:

Life after Duke Johnson?

Golden: “I think it’s a great challenge for our guys. Gus Edwards had a really good spring. He’s got to continue to show the responsibility and accountability to be that guy. I think Joe Yearby is also a guy that’s competing for that, although he’s markedly different than Gus. Trayone Gray, Mark Walton and Walter Tucker will also be in that battle come the summer. Again, I’m anxious to see how it plays out. I’m happy with the direction that group is going, but obviously, they have a great challenge and hopefully they have something to prove here over the next four months.”

Staff kind of looked at the season moving forward, knowing you don’t have a weapon like Duke. What have you kind of done throughout the spring to make up for that?

Golden: “We really haven’t changed who we are, philosophically. We’re very excited about Gus and Joe and Trayone Gray is very talented. He’s still learning the position but very talented. Mark Walton is certainly a talented young man coming in. So, we’re going to have the guys there. It may not be just one, it may be more of getting several guys the same amount of touches. But again, if one of those guys separates themselves as Duke did, then he’ll get the majority of the touches. But right now, we’re still in that phase of waiting to see one of them break out. If not, we’ll do it by committee. Either way, we’re fine with it. We’re excited about the direction that group is going.”

Golden says the exact same thing in his interviews every year. Stop listening to them. He says everything is going to be a challenge no matter who we have coming back

Advertisement
The constipation of the proclamation that is vacilating of the vavassor could promptly be conducive of the regime of the cerebral medulla oblongata of Golden's psyche here. (just like that statement made ABSOLUTELY no sense, neither does Golden remaining employed here.)

Golden says the exact same thing in his interviews every year. Stop listening to them. He says everything is going to be a challenge no matter who we have coming back

This really should be its own thread. "**** al golden sea in interviewz."

Advertisement

That quote is a bit out of context. Here is more of that exchange, which appears to be a fair answer:

Life after Duke Johnson?

Golden: “I think it’s a great challenge for our guys. Gus Edwards had a really good spring. He’s got to continue to show the responsibility and accountability to be that guy. I think Joe Yearby is also a guy that’s competing for that, although he’s markedly different than Gus. Trayone Gray, Mark Walton and Walter Tucker will also be in that battle come the summer. Again, I’m anxious to see how it plays out. I’m happy with the direction that group is going, but obviously, they have a great challenge and hopefully they have something to prove here over the next four months.”

Staff kind of looked at the season moving forward, knowing you don’t have a weapon like Duke. What have you kind of done throughout the spring to make up for that?

Golden: “We really haven’t changed who we are, philosophically. We’re very excited about Gus and Joe and Trayone Gray is very talented. He’s still learning the position but very talented. Mark Walton is certainly a talented young man coming in. So, we’re going to have the guys there. It may not be just one, it may be more of getting several guys the same amount of touches. But again, if one of those guys separates themselves as Duke did, then he’ll get the majority of the touches. But right now, we’re still in that phase of waiting to see one of them break out. If not, we’ll do it by committee. Either way, we’re fine with it. We’re excited about the direction that group is going.”

How dare you inject context and rationality into a discussion where all they want to do is whine, gnash their teeth, and attack Golden for saying something that any coach in the country would say?

Life after Duke Johnson?

So OP where did he make the statement you attributed to him in that response?

The constipation of the proclamation that is vacilating of the vavassor could promptly be conducive of the regime of the cerebral medulla oblongata of Golden's psyche here. (just like that statement made ABSOLUTELY no sense, neither does Golden remaining employed here.)
king_flags.jpg

Advertisement
Back