Excuses coming in

Advertisement
Golden today "Not having Duke Johnson is presenting a great challenge to us" per CaneSport.

No kidding moron, you've had 4 years to bring in talent to replace him but lost them to other schools.

That quote is a bit out of context. Here is more of that exchange, which appears to be a fair answer:

Life after Duke Johnson?

Golden: “I think it’s a great challenge for our guys. Gus Edwards had a really good spring. He’s got to continue to show the responsibility and accountability to be that guy. I think Joe Yearby is also a guy that’s competing for that, although he’s markedly different than Gus. Trayone Gray, Mark Walton and Walter Tucker will also be in that battle come the summer. Again, I’m anxious to see how it plays out. I’m happy with the direction that group is going, but obviously, they have a great challenge and hopefully they have something to prove here over the next four months.”

Staff kind of looked at the season moving forward, knowing you don’t have a weapon like Duke. What have you kind of done throughout the spring to make up for that?

Golden: “We really haven’t changed who we are, philosophically. We’re very excited about Gus and Joe and Trayone Gray is very talented. He’s still learning the position but very talented. Mark Walton is certainly a talented young man coming in. So, we’re going to have the guys there. It may not be just one, it may be more of getting several guys the same amount of touches. But again, if one of those guys separates themselves as Duke did, then he’ll get the majority of the touches. But right now, we’re still in that phase of waiting to see one of them break out. If not, we’ll do it by committee. Either way, we’re fine with it. We’re excited about the direction that group is going.”

I learned a long time ago to read things for myself before going by a little excerpt. Talk about a misleading thread. We don't need to be misled to bash Al Golden!

The real challenge is to not lose my **** every time I read something this ******* says

LMAO

Ive thought about starting a running thread titled, "**** al golden says in interviews."

Once you get past the anger phase its really quite comedic. In this thread you see one of pyrite's favorite moves. A "reporter" will ask him about a position and golden will say nothing of substance and casually mention every person on scholarship at that position. Its one of his favorite "Joe Pa moves."

The real challenge is to not lose my **** every time I read something this ******* says

LMAO

Ive thought about starting a running thread titled, "**** al golden says in interviews."

Once you get past the anger phase its really quite comedic. In this thread you see one of pyrite's favorite moves. A "reporter" will ask him about a position and golden will say nothing of substance and casually mention every person on scholarship at that position. Its one of his favorite "Joe Pa moves."

I think this would be a great idea.

LMAO

PLEASE DO!!!

Advertisement
"But, we lost those players to the NFL!" "This is really my second season!" "We are a young team! We have a true sop****re QB!"

According to the slurpers its Duke's fault we lost a bunch of games. This clown only managed 6 wins with Duke....like I said 4-8

According to the slurpers its Duke's fault we lost a bunch of games. This clown only managed 6 wins with Duke....like I said 4-8

I think we are going to miss Flowers, Walford and Perryman more than Duke, but whatever, 4-8 seems about right, though I think we will play a game against a better team that decides to fumble it away and let us win one we shouldn't. 5-6 wins at the most.

Advertisement

LMAO

Probably a good idea haha

Next season is going to be brutal. The players feed off the loser mentality.

This the most down on the program I have been in decades. And we have a potential program changing QB on the roster and I still can't see any positive momentum. It's ******* awful.

Advertisement
Not only is he a God awful, in-over-his-head coach...but homeboy has zero accountability. Everything is an excuse despite the fact we're going on his FIFTH year. Nevermind the fact he's about to have SEVERAL guys from last years team drafted in the upcoming draft....the man has shown he has no idea what to do with talent even when he HAS it.

This guy needs to get hit by a truck, period. It might be our only way out of this purgatory.

This guy needs to get hit by a truck.

There, I fixed it.

This the most down on the program I have been in decades. And we have a potential program changing QB on the roster and I still can't see any positive momentum. It's ******* awful.

Unbelievable isn't it? A potential program changing QB entering his sop****re year after starting every game as a frosh and being the top rated passer in the ACC. Add to this the fact that our program sits right in the middle of the most fertile recruiting ground in the country and our Head Coach who is entering his 5th year has us predicting a 4-6 win season with non existent depth at a variety of positions. If you really think about it, producing the type of mediocrity that Golden has would be a tough thing for most coaches to do purposely given our brand, history and location. Truly stunning.

Advertisement
Back