Excited about the WRs and QBs news but..

I’m actually curious if Enos leads a full offensive turn around how long we will be here

I don't see Enos leaving for another OC job at either the college or NFL level. He would leave for a HC job, but i'm skeptical as to whether he would be offered one at the Power 5 level. I think the more likely scenario is that Enos ends up becoming Manny's Brett Venables.

Advertisement
I know some people will disagree with this but I'm not that concerned with the O-line as long as the QB play improves. A good QB can make an average Oline look good, or even better depending on the level of play of the QB. If our QB play improves so will our Oline. Rushing wise, our backs will do good. Last year even with poor Oline play we still rushed for almost 2k in yards. Cam, DJ, and Lo Lingard will eat this season. The Dline is taking a step back. I've prepared myself for it mentally. You don't lose two potential top 60 picks and not regress, unless you're Alabama of course.
"Some will disagree ..." are you kidding me? Without the OL being at least serviceable, the QB ain't doing anything. My gosh man, put the pipe away.

"Some will disagree ..." are you kidding me? Without the OL being at least serviceable, the QB ain't doing anything. My gosh man, put the pipe away.
Screenshot_2017-05-31-00-04-29-1.png

Love our Canes. Over the last two year's I thought this would be our team's strenghts. The talenr and possibilities are definitely there.

But the WR group performance is so dependent on other forces outside of their control...like the QB, injuries, even stranger career ending injuries, the OL, dumb coaches etc etc...

So while still extremely positive...I've learned from last year to temper my enthusiam. .

Last edited:
I agree. Not fair to expect the line to become elite but barry has enough to work with in the context of Enos' scheme which hopefully masks a more average group.
I think our O-Lines will be much better moving forward. We have recruited well at O-Line in 2017 and 2018. These guys should be ready to step up. I even think the 2109 class is going to surprise some people in 2-3 years. Not highly ranked and under the radar. This class is the most athletic of the bunch. We may see a high draft pick out of this 2019 class. Why? You can add strength, size, and teach technique, but you can't teach athleticism. Once these guys hit the weight room and grow naturally to 290+, they could be monsters. I say 290 because I think 300 is overrated. What the **** difference is 10 lbs going to make.

Multiple Pro Bowl LT Jason Peters from my beloved Philadelphia Eagles was a TE at Arkansas that became a LT after not getting drafted in the NFL. He was a practice squad player who weighed 285 lbs. He learned the LT position in the NFL while adding strength and weight to his body.

I actually think the 2019 OTs could be the blueprint for developing great LTs. Get athletic kids with great frames that you can work with.

In fact, it's kind of like our DE blueprint. We go for exceptionally quick twitch athletic guys that have great frames, but may need physical and technical development. Same deal for LTs IMO.

Advertisement
I don't see Enos leaving for another OC job at either the college or NFL level. He would leave for a HC job, but i'm skeptical as to whether he would be offered one at the Power 5 level. I think the more likely scenario is that Enos ends up becoming Manny's Brett Venables.

Enos is really enthusiastic about being a HC again one day. That won’t happen

I think our O-Lines will be much better moving forward. We have recruited well at O-Line in 2017 and 2018. These guys should be ready to step up. I even think the 2109 class is going to surprise some people in 2-3 years. Not highly ranked and under the radar. This class is the most athletic of the bunch. We may see a high draft pick out of this 2019 class. Why? You can add strength, size, and teach technique, but you can't teach athleticism. Once these guys hit the weight room and grow naturally to 290+, they could be monsters. I say 290 because I think 300 is overrated. What the **** difference is 10 lbs going to make.

Multiple Pro Bowl LT Jason Peters from my beloved Philadelphia Eagles was a TE at Arkansas that became a LT after not getting drafted in the NFL. He was a practice squad player who weighed 285 lbs. He learned the LT position in the NFL while adding strength and weight to his body.

I actually think the 2019 OTs could be the blueprint for developing great LTs. Get athletic kids with great frames that you can work with.

In fact, it's kind of like our DE blueprint. We go for exceptionally quick twitch athletic guys that have great frames, but may need physical and technical development. Same deal for LTs IMO.
I think Zion is gonna turn out to be a gem. Already rotating a bit on 2nd team reps. That surprised me, in a very good way.

Advertisement
Enos is really enthusiastic about being a HC again one day. That won’t happen

If his sole focus was to become a HC, he would've never taken the MIA OC job to begin with. Staying @ Bama would've put him on a faster track towards achieving that goal. So clearly he's prioritizing other things besides just that, similar to Venables.

If his sole focus was to become a HC, he would've never taken the MIA OC job to begin with. Staying @ Bama would've put him on a faster track towards achieving that goal. So clearly he's prioritizing other things besides just that, similar to Venables.

His wife wanted to live in Miami, but listen to an interview where they ask him if he wants to be a head coach. His answer is completely different than the one Venebles gives

His wife wanted to live in Miami, but listen to an interview where they ask him if he wants to be a head coach. His answer is completely different than the one Venebles gives

In the same interview that you cite, he also says that he's no longer 35, and that his priorities have changed over the yrs. Once MIA starts winning it'll become even more difficult for him to leave. The bottom line is..some coaches are just better served to be a coordinator than HC, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:
In the same interview that you cite, he also says that he's no longer 35, and that his priorities have changed over the yrs. Once MIA starts winning it'll become even more difficult for him to leave. The bottom line is..some coaches are just better served to be coordinators than HC, and there's nothing wrong with that.

I hope you're right. My one gripe about hiring a defensive head coach was having to do this OC hire thing every 2-3 years if he hits a home run.

Advertisement
OL is going to struggle unless Reed and Campbell take big steps! Scaife, Donaldson, Gaynor, Reed, Campbell sounds good on paper but 3 new starters and only 3 total years of experience...yikes.

DL should be ok but likely not as great as the last two year. We have lost a ton of NFL types and our experience at each spot is next to nothing. Another group with a combined 2 total years of experience as starters (Bethel+Garvin). Ford or Nesta have to take big steps. I think the DE group is talented and deep enough to be similar to 2018 but may not look it if we don't have inside pressure.

I think a big position everyone is forgetting about is FB .... Realus George needs to be that imposing FB that LBs hate to fill against. I'm excited for him.
just hung out with him at a family event .. long story, but we are family friends. So,anyway, saw him at his grandkids birthday party and dude is ready for this season. I, too, see a breakout year for him.

Advertisement

Lol no. Just look at Enos, does he even look like he will be here for more than 2 years?

Enos will be hyped up after this year bc of how abysmal our offense was last year it will seem as if he's worked magic. Tbh Briles should get a P5 HC job before Enos bc Briles us the better coach. But it will not happen that way. I see Enos gone in 2 years

Lol no. Just look at Enos, does he even look like he will be here for more than 2 years?

Briles will be hyped up after this year bc of how abysmal FSUs offense was last year it will seem as if he's worked magic. Tbh Enos should get a P5 HC job before Briles bc Enos is the better, way more experienced and proven coach. But it will not happen that way. I see Enos gone in 2 years
FIFY

Advertisement
Back