Excited about the WRs and QBs news but..

LouCane78

Freshman
Can’t wait till pads so we can get info on the hogs and DL. Very interesting to see what coach Barry and Stroud bring. As we all know the trenches are what separates the good vs great teams. Barry has his work cut out for him but the OL has good enough talent to get it done.. a lot of these guys were highly recruited. Stroud has a lot of talent as well but losing some studs on the DL will be tough. Feely is doing great work with both groups and I expect growth to happen all throughout spring and summer camp. Hopefully both coaches are technicians in there craft.

Advertisement
Personally, I just expect the OL to be moderately better and just dominate the weak DLs in the coastal. A more creative offense should make blocking a little easier. Outside of that, QB's have no excuse. All eyes will be on Enos who has bigger aspirations, so he's not ****ing around.

Enos offense will definitely help! Defensive will be dealing a lot with the motions and shifts. The run game first and foremost most thrive in this offense. It was so embarrassing seeing us not being able to finish games running out the clock or not getting a first down with 3 yards to go.

Personally, I just expect the OL to be moderately better and just dominate the weak DLs in the coastal. A more creative offense should make blocking a little easier. Outside of that, QB's have no excuse. All eyes will be on Enos who has bigger aspirations, so he's not ****ing around.
I agree. Not fair to expect the line to become elite but barry has enough to work with in the context of Enos' scheme which hopefully masks a more average group.

Advertisement
Between our previous oc, and online coach ,do we really know how good or bad our oline is. Between Richt horrible play calling and Searles switching St Louis from right to left tackle. He went from being considered a 1st rd pick to a non combine invitee. To put a cherry on top, we had horrible strength and conditioning that had our linemen looking fat and slow. This is another unit that I can't judge until I see more.

I know some people will disagree with this but I'm not that concerned with the O-line as long as the QB play improves. A good QB can make an average Oline look good, or even better depending on the level of play of the QB. If our QB play improves so will our Oline. Rushing wise, our backs will do good. Last year even with poor Oline play we still rushed for almost 2k in yards. Cam, DJ, and Lo Lingard will eat this season. The Dline is taking a step back. I've prepared myself for it mentally. You don't lose two potential top 60 picks and not regress, unless you're Alabama of course.

This, again will be the key to the type season we will have. They should be above average in the ACC, not below like the last season and a half - particularly with the running backs we have.

This is the first time in many years that I have a high confidence level that our Dline and Oline will look like they have been coached by coaches that know what they are doing. I believe that with the level of athletes that we have, the coaches will developed them like we have been talking about and hoping for. Just knowing that Enos is our O coordinator, that we will have a chance in each game. I am really excited for our players and for our fan base. This year is going to be fun. Love Manny. GO CANES!

Advertisement
I know some people will disagree with this but I'm not that concerned with the O-line as long as the QB play improves. A good QB can make an average Oline look good, or even better depending on the level of play of the QB. If our QB play improves so will our Oline. Rushing wise, our backs will do good. Last year even with poor Oline play we still rushed for almost 2k in yards. Cam, DJ, and Lo Lingard will eat this season. The Dline is taking a step back. I've prepared myself for it mentally. You don't lose two potential top 60 picks and not regress, unless you're Alabama of course.
We said the same thing after losing McIntosh and Norton though.

Thinking the OL will improve markedly this year, especially if we can solidify the starters and key backups as early as possible in camp. The more those guys get to gel together, the more they will think, act, and play as a single unit. Then let Barry get down to technique and installing Enos’ offense. Hopefully we’ll hear news eventually out of camp that the OL held their own or even dominated the DL. If that occurs, then the skies the limit for this season. If it doesn’t, the Enos will have to scheme around it with quick throws, rollouts, etc.

Advertisement

Can’t wait till pads so we can get info on the hogs and DL. Very interesting to see what coach Barry and Stroud bring. As we all know the trenches are what separates the good vs great teams. Barry has his work cut out for him but the OL has good enough talent to get it done.. a lot of these guys were highly recruited. Stroud has a lot of talent as well but losing some studs on the DL will be tough. Feely is doing great work with both groups and I expect growth to happen all throughout spring and summer camp. Hopefully both coaches are technicians in there craft.
This post actually doesn't say anything. It's like you're talking to yourself but out loud to others.

Advertisement

I know one thing, if we plan on maximizing what Enos brings to the party, we better figure it the **** out.

While I'm sure he will be smart enough (was shocked that Richt really wasn't) to mask/cover up an average (at best) OL with creative play calling, not sure how long that will last. We need to be landing some talent in that area, big time talent.

Advertisement
Back