Excited about the WRs and QBs news but..

Advertisement
That is not a comparison bc Houston is a G5 talented team offensively and they go against G5 talented defenses. Simple as that.
I just don’t understand your high ranking with Briles. Saying he is a top 3 OC is a stretch. Houston has a squad but they would be 4th best in any one of the big conferences. Ultimately he hasn’t shown anything vs a team that matters. We can agree his top offenses are built against pretty much the worst of comp no?

I just don’t understand your high ranking with Briles. Saying he is a top 3 OC is a stretch. Houston has a squad but they would be 4th best in any one of the big conferences. Ultimately he hasn’t shown anything vs a team that matters. We can agree his top offenses are built against pretty much the worst of comp no?

I can't agree with that man bc he was the OC at Baylor in 2015 and his offense ranked 1st in the nation in PPG with 48.1.

The only reason I bring up Briles is bc he is clearly a better OC than Enos and we let him go to a rival that we play once a year.

I'm a firm believer in u should do whatever it takes to win, even if it means taking a PR hit. Miami used to have that mentality.

Advertisement
I can't agree with that man bc he was the OC at Baylor in 2015 and his offense ranked 1st in the nation in PPG with 48.1.

The only reason I bring up Briles is bc he is clearly a better OC than Enos and we let him go to a rival that we play once a year.

I'm a firm believer in u should do whatever it takes to win, even if it means taking a PR hit. Miami used to have that mentality.
i can not recall anytime since i've been a fan (1980) that miami hired a coach with that kind of baggage.. Do enlighten me, though, if i am wrong

We have no idea whether or not manny would have even wanted Briles. I have a feeling he got the guy he wanted regardless of whether or not Briles was available at the time.

That is not a comparison bc Houston is a G5 talented team offensively and they go against G5 talented defenses. Simple as that.
You forgot one thing. Coach No D gave Houston's O the ball back every 30 seconds. Of course that O put up numbers.

Baggage aside, 2015 was not him. That was dad. Think Mark Richt and Thomas Brown. And that team against good defenses with athletes scored 20+ under the season average. Its a gimmicky offense that is exposed by teams that can beat their line with speed and defend with similar athletes.

I do believe with OUR offensive talent, we would put up very good points. But I wonder if we would struggle similarly vs teams that matched up athlete for athlete.

Briles' is a very good OC but his offense has never ever done well vs even above average defenses.

Enos' offense was never flashy points wise, but consistently performed against teams BETTER athletically than his offenses.

2015 his offense struggled the first few games but once the team bought into the playbook they averaged 46 a game over the last 7 (6-1, 50 in the L), including 53 on no 19 Ole Miss (18th Ranked Defense), 31 vs no 9 LSU (9th ranked Def), 28 vs no 23 Def (Missouri) and 45 vs K State (41st Def).

2016 Mixed results with great games (30 vs Bama) and ****** games (10 vs LSU) but overall averaged 24 pts vs 8 ranked opponents including the no.'s 3, 6, 8, 25 and 44.

2017 was a **** show for sure. Not many good performances. Though, to their defense, they had multiple injuries including to QB, RB and also lost a great TE and RB to the draft.

Enos isn't Lincoln Riley but at least I can say he's done very well against the best, most consistently challenging opposition. And he develops the F out of QBs.

Advertisement

Do you think this schedule had anything to do with them being the #1 offense? Let's see how he does at FSU. Unless you're playing top teams that #1 stuff just doesn't cut it. That's just my opinion though. https://fbschedules.com/ncaa-2015/team/baylor

If Enos was good enough for Saban he's sure and heck good enough for me.

Baggage aside, 2015 was not him. That was dad. Think Mark Richt and Thomas Brown. And that team against good defenses with athletes scored 20+ under the season average. Its a gimmicky offense that is exposed by teams that can beat their line with speed and defend with similar athletes.

I do believe with OUR offensive talent, we would put up very good points. But I wonder if we would struggle similarly vs teams that matched up athlete for athlete.

Briles' is a very good OC but his offense has never ever done well vs even above average defenses.

Enos' offense was never flashy points wise, but consistently performed against teams BETTER athletically than his offenses.

2015 his offense struggled the first few games but once the team bought into the playbook they averaged 46 a game over the last 7 (6-1, 50 in the L), including 53 on no 19 Ole Miss (18th Ranked Defense), 31 vs no 9 LSU (9th ranked Def), 28 vs no 23 Def (Missouri) and 45 vs K State (41st Def).

2016 Mixed results with great games (30 vs Bama) and ****** games (10 vs LSU) but overall averaged 24 pts vs 8 ranked opponents including the no.'s 3, 6, 8, 25 and 44.

2017 was a **** show for sure. Not many good performances. Though, to their defense, they had multiple injuries including to QB, RB and also lost a great TE and RB to the draft.

Enos isn't Lincoln Riley but at least I can say he's done very well against the best, most consistently challenging opposition. And he develops the F out of QBs.
I think when a playcaller has an opponent with equally talented players and coaching, the expectation isn’t to set any scoring records. Instead it’s a chess match, with the OC needing to beat his opponent a handful of times. Those handful of downs won is what adds up to a victory.

I think when a playcaller has an opponent with equally talented players and coaching, the expectation isn’t to set any scoring records. Instead it’s a chess match, with the OC needing to beat his opponent a handful of times. Those handful of downs won is what adds up to a victory.
And Briles struggled in that category. Enos excelled vs teams regularly BETTER than his.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back