Excellent outsider's thoughts from Bill Connelly

This is scary from Richt

"But right now, I enjoy doing it, and it keeps my blood pumpin’, and I think it’s good for coaches to see my competitive spirit, I think it’s good for our players to see it, probably good for our fan base to see it, too. There’s no way better to show that than to be right in the heart of the planning and calling of the plays."
Like blood pumping through a corpse

Advertisement
I don't really want to defend him, but he didn't have much of a choice. Some of us have short memories....this program was essentially deceased in the weeks after Clemson soddomized Golden on national TV and he was fired. You can argue whether or not Richt was the right man for the job, but what cannot be argued is he was, at a very minimum, a name brand and stabilizing force for what was a program in complete free-fall.

There were many of us who knew the instant it was announced that Fredo Richt was a horrendous and useless hire, and we've been proven correct. But spineless coward isn't exactly fair. If it was a sticking point and Richt would've walked had James drawn a line in the sand, he probably would've had to cave. Miami just had to have someone to at least somewhat right the ship at that point.

No defense for me, you can't get cornered in on something like making a 25 yo coach's son the QB coach if you take your program seriously. If anything it means he's both a spineless coward and completely incompetent at his job. If he had any sort of backbone he would've refused and if was anywhere near competent he would've found a different position for Jr. or gone elsewhere (as he should've done from the beginning) with the coaching hire if that's the rock Richt wanted to die on.

The simple fact is no decent coach would be interested in this job. We don’t pay very much, especially for assistants, the facilities, while improved, are sub par to the big state schools, and the fans are beyond jaded at this point. There is just no path anymore to return this team and players to elite status.

I don't really want to defend him, but he didn't have much of a choice. Some of us have short memories....this program was essentially deceased in the weeks after Clemson soddomized Golden on national TV and he was fired. You can argue whether or not Richt was the right man for the job, but what cannot be argued is he was, at a very minimum, a name brand and stabilizing force for what was a program in complete free-fall.

There were many of us who knew the instant it was announced that Fredo Richt was a horrendous and useless hire, and we've been proven correct. But spineless coward isn't exactly fair. If it was a sticking point and Richt would've walked had James drawn a line in the sand, he probably would've had to cave. Miami just had to have someone to at least somewhat right the ship at that point.

Dan Mullin says hi!

The simple fact is no decent coach would be interested in this job. We don’t pay very much, especially for assistants, the facilities, while improved, are sub par to the big state schools, and the fans are beyond jaded at this point. There is just no path anymore to return this team and players to elite status.

LOL Richt is making $4M+, living in Miami, with the nicest IPF in the state (including the pro teams), the best dorms in the state coming soon, sitting in the most fertile recruiting ground on the planet.

Take a lap.

Advertisement
Sad thing is we were calling for this last year. Didn't think it would get this bad but the offense was the main reason we were in dog fights last year. We couldn't put teams away. Then once Pitt just completely took away everything Richt likes to do and forced Rosier to beat them, it was over, everyone of our opponents has had the same game plan since and we haven't adjusted.

This is not just disturbing, but really childish on Richt's part. He's basically saying that unless he is the one calling the plays on gameday, he doesn't care what else happens. This is like being on the playground in elementary school, you're the one bringing the football, and you want to be the QB on your team but there's someone better...so he's the QB...and you take your ******* ball and go home because if you can't get your way, no one gets to play.

You can still be fired up on the sideline as the CEO. You don't have to feel neutered...coach up your staff/players, guide them, be a real leader...embrace that role. Your blood can still be pumping, especially if we're putting up points and winning ballgames.

If Richt still feels this way, it's ******* childish and he needs to step down immediately.

...and this guy has the unmitigated gall to talk about which QB is more "mature" when he's throwing this immature bullsh1t around. FOH.
True, says Dabo, Nick, and Jim.
All top five in the current playoff poll.
You can be the CEO and enjoy the success!

Sad thing is we were calling for this last year. Didn't think it would get this bad but the offense was the main reason we were in dog fights last year. We couldn't put teams away. Then once Pitt just completely took away everything Richt likes to do and forced Rosier to beat them, it was over, everyone of our opponents has had the same game plan since and we haven't adjusted.

Facts.

TRUTH!:cool:

Advertisement
What makes you think that this time the results are somehow going to be different from his last years at UGA? ....

... or are you all just gluttons for punishment ..

He got one thing right. We will be right here next year with the same results....

..... rinse and repeat.... Folden times are here again..

we never learn.

Folden times are here again...Yes they are, but at least we know what to expect for another year at least. Tempered expectations are good for my mental health. Only going on 15ish years now....

Advertisement
Back