Evidence njoku

Advertisement
If he is a deep threat as a big WR and runs a legitimate 4.48 then we should offer. I want an AJ Green clone so bad! I like the WR from St. Pete better, but if you have an guaranteed connection with a top recruit then you have to go for him.

Advertisement
you take athletes at the skill position
and you take the variety of skills
speed, strength, route running, hands, size and length
get them here and let it work itself out

he gains 25 pounds, and grows 2 inches
he's a big body outside, or a mismatch in the TE spot

depth is as important, as we review the roster and see the holes in WR, DB...

I've never seen a player run past 10 defenders with no blockers...he's a get but his competition is trash

You probably said the same about David njoku and look how that turned out.... The most athletic player on the team...

He looks nothing like David, I was on the train early

You think he's slow? He's got a long stride but he's gliding! He's plenty fast... Not sure about his ability to catch bubble screens though. Not sure why Coley would want him at UGA.

Rivals Update;

The last name is certainly familiar for Cane fans.

Cedar Grove (NJ) High School WR Evidence Njoku, younger brother of Canes standout tight end David Njoku, is emerging on UM's recruiting target list.

"I just got a Miami offer- coach Kool (Craig Kuligowski), I called him and we talked 20 minutes," Njoku said. "He was saying how the offense could really use me, then said `Congratulations, you have an offer.'

"I wasn't really surprised. I'm excited, really excited. I'm definitely thankful. And my brother told me the coaches really like me. ... David was the first person that called me afterward."

Njoku says that he is still keeping things open in his recruitment. But he adds that "Miami is definitely at the top of the list, no doubt, but with others."

He says he's trying to set up an unofficial visit to UM in April; it will be his first time on campus.

"Having the opportunity to play with my older brother affects my recruiting," Evidence said. "Plus Miami's a gorgeous school and they've been recruiting me hard. It's still early in the process, but if they do offer I would be very interested. I just need more insight, checking it out on a visit."

Evidence says his older brother "said Miami's the place to be. David says it's gorgeous, that the team is all brothers. So that's what I believe right now, which is pretty persuasive."

Of what he sees ahead for UM, Evidence said, "I see a big change in the program. I think it's a turning point, they can have a great year with coach (Mark) Richt in the office. His energy, new vibe will really bring the program back to life."

Evidence finished his junior season with 600 receiving yards and 12 touchdowns, adding two interceptions on defense playing CB/safety.

A 6-foot-4, 195-pounder with 4.48-second speed, Evidence doesn't think he'll move from receiver to tight end as his brother did.

"My brother was 6-4, 215 or 220," Evidence said. "I don't think I'll put on weight like him. I'm faster than him my age, maybe more explosive, but he has me in the weight category."

*Asked how he was given his unique first name, Evidence said "I don't know, it's something my parents came up with. Maybe evidence of God's work?"

* There's also another even younger Njoku who plays football - RB Charles Njoku will be entering his sophomore year next season.

Advertisement
Wow he looks just as good as David. He's definitely a take. His potential is high.
6'4 with 4.49 speed?

name aside, he looks like a man amongst boys on tape.

That's because the conference he plays in is the lowest division of football played in NJ. It produces the occasional athlete - Anthony Fasano played at Cedar Grove's rival, Verona - but overall the skill position kids top out at like 5'11, 180.

All that said Evidence looks like he has a ton of potential and I'm happy to sign him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He's blowing up, from the looks of it a lot more big time programs are about to offer him. Especially with him getting Miami, Uga and Tennessee within 3 days

Advertisement
Back