Everything this year is on Mario

Well he is the head coach and he’s the one who hired a staff *** backwards which hurt with hiring coordinators. Hopefully this was a learning experience. But it starts with him. It’s his job to fix it by flipping the roster and getting more continuity in the coaches offices.

100%. I'm sure he would agree

Advertisement
Give credit where it’s due. Mario has done a great job in recruiting.
You are correct. However, my experience of MC is that he does not develop players after he gets them on the team. Justin Herbert is the best example. MC wins games because of the talent of players, not because of how he has led them or how he has enhanced their attributes with proper coaching.

Mario should have started looking for an OC 4-5 weeks ago and should have a short list of names already. He should then start making contacts as soon as the season is over, make the proper hire, in order to minimize negative recruiting impact.
If his list doesn’t include:
Dan mullen
Robert anae
Tom herman

Then I don’t want him making the list

Blah, blah, blah.

Program has sucked for 20 years and sucks this year.

People wanted to burn Butch Davis at the stake for the first five years—especially the first three.

1995-1999 didn’t matter once 2000 took place.

Let’s see what Mario does this off-season. And next year. And the year after. How many “it’s on Mario” posts are y’all gonna do, as if this program hasn’t been a perennial 7-5 dog annually for 16 years.

He’s working to clean up Country Club Manny’s dumpster fire. So it goes. Let’s talk in 2024.

Advertisement
If his list doesn’t include:
Dan mullen
Robert anae
Tom herman

Then I don’t want him making the list

Tom Herman is a coke head and swinger. Ask anybody in Austin. Miami would turn him into Jordan Belford. No thanks. Go get Mullen.

We like to make fun of norvell and FSU.. but 3 years in and even with the half-*** resources they are giving him and that program they are getting it sorted out. We'll be just fine. Stack classes, fire gattis, build continuity.

You could've made the very same point without using the BS myth that a bunch of black kids are fatherless
Straight Face Trying Not To Laugh GIF

Blah, blah, blah.

People wanted to burn Butch Davis at the stake for the first five years—especially the first three.

Let’s see what Mario does this off-season. And next year. And the year after. How many “it’s on Mario” posts are y’all gonna do, as if this program hasn’t been a perennial 7-5 dog annually for 16 years.

He’s working to clean up Country Club Manny’s dumpster fire. So it goes. Let’s talk in 2024.
and what does any of this have to do with overthrowing Restrepo when he was wide open; missing Ladson on the post when he had a step on his man; missing a wide open Mallory before the horrible sack that took us out of the redzone; not connecting with skinner for a potential score; Mallory letting a DB run him out of bounds in the redzone...

These are several scoring plays that Gattis created with talent that had no business competing with Clemson into the 3rd quarter, and if they were executed we could win the game.

Advertisement
When most coaches take over a program, it’s usually because that program has had problems, and Miami is no different.

Every coach taking over a Program inherits all different kinds of players. It is up to the coach to fix player issues while at the same time making most of the right decisions in order to keep his players focused, motivated and have a winning approach into everything they do. The University of North Carolina is an excellent example of this, with Mack Brown.

Mario has made many mistakes in this his first year at Miami. He has hired some bad coaches, he has handled coach’s internal issues poorly, he has handled internal players’ issues poorly and he has handled internal coaching adjustments issues poorly as well, however and in the meantime, the most important people in his Program, the players, are watching intently to see how he is going to fix these issues. Mario must work his *** off to regain their confidence.

Young men nowadays, players in this case, for the most part grow up in environments without a Father figure. These young men are learning how to be men from their Mothers who are doing their best to teach them accordingly. Mario or their position coaches are filling the void of a Father figure. Many of these young men have raised themselves in the streets while their Mothers have worked their asses off to put food on the table. Many young men nowadays have not learnt how to fully be and behaved like men. Trust me for I’ve been there and done that.

Mario can fix this first year mess however the players, including recruits expect him to fix all the current problems the Program is experiencing, but Mario will not get a third chance to correct his first go around ***** ups.

Mario must fix all issues however he MUST do it in 2023. I fully trust Mario can and will do it.
Mack Brown at unc? Mack came into this season like a game over .500 at unc… If that’s the goal Mario is almost there.

Blah, blah, blah.

Stop the foolish comparisons. Butch was a 1st time HC, dealing with crippling sanctions as well as a cheap administration. Butch went 8-3, 9-3, 5-6(bottomed out from scholarship losses), 9-3, 9-4, 11-1. Mario had the bank vault opened for him and this is what he did year 1. Quit making excuses.

Tom Herman is a coke head and swinger. Ask anybody in Austin. Miami would turn him into Jordan Belford. No thanks. Go get Mullen.
This is true of Hermann...and there were other issues with allegations regarding inappropriate stuff with university staff etc...
Not a fan of Mullen either....is extremely awkward amongst other things and would clash with Mario I believe.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Mario should have started looking for an OC 4-5 weeks ago and should have a short list of names already. He should then start making contacts as soon as the season is over, make the proper hire, in order to minimize negative recruiting impact.
We should have someone qualified choose our coordinators. Mario had an open checkbook, all the time in the world, and you see the results from that. Amazing recruiter, proven OL developer, horrendous at everything else. Use him to his strengths. What Zo's role?

I agree. It is like he knows he is untouchable this early in his contract and he is just doing stuff to prove that he is untouchable. He never struck me as an ego guy but I guess anyone who is making 10 million a year has an ego. We are stuck with him for a while and he knows it. Terrible first year for him.
He is untouchable through at least Y5.

Univ of Miami has had 3 head football coaches since 2018 and have yet to have a coaching search,,,,read that again.
To be fair, look at who Miami hires when they DO a coaching search.

Advertisement
Back