Everything this year is on Mario

twalcott5

Freshman
When most coaches take over a program, it’s usually because that program has had problems, and Miami is no different.

Every coach taking over a Program inherits all different kinds of players. It is up to the coach to fix player issues while at the same time making most of the right decisions in order to keep his players focused, motivated and have a winning approach into everything they do. The University of North Carolina is an excellent example of this, with Mack Brown.

Mario has made many mistakes in this his first year at Miami. He has hired some bad coaches, he has handled coach’s internal issues poorly, he has handled internal players’ issues poorly and he has handled internal coaching adjustments issues poorly as well, however and in the meantime, the most important people in his Program, the players, are watching intently to see how he is going to fix these issues. Mario must work his *** off to regain their confidence.

Young men nowadays, players in this case, for the most part grow up in environments without a Father figure. These young men are learning how to be men from their Mothers who are doing their best to teach them accordingly. Mario or their position coaches are filling the void of a Father figure. Many of these young men have raised themselves in the streets while their Mothers have worked their asses off to put food on the table. Many young men nowadays have not learnt how to fully be and behaved like men. Trust me for I’ve been there and done that.

Mario can fix this first year mess however the players, including recruits expect him to fix all the current problems the Program is experiencing, but Mario will not get a third chance to correct his first go around ***** ups.

Mario must fix all issues however he MUST do it in 2023. I fully trust Mario can and will do it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
When most coaches take over a program, it’s usually because that program has had problems, and Miami is no different.

Every coach taking over a Program inherits all different kinds of players. It is up to the coach to fix player issues while at the same time making most of the right decisions in order to keep his players focused, motivated and have a winning approach into everything they do. The University of North Carolina is an excellent example of this, with Mack Brown.

Mario has made many mistakes in this his first year at Miami. He has hired some bad coaches, he has handled coach’s internal issues poorly, he has handled internal players’ issues poorly and he has handled internal coaching adjustments issues poorly as well, however and in the meantime, the most important people in his Program, the players, are watching intently to see how he is going to fix these issues. Mario must work his *** off to regain their confidence.

Young men nowadays, players in this case, for the most part grow up in environments without a Father figure. These young men are learning how to be men from their Mothers who are doing their best to teach them accordingly. Mario or their position coaches are filling the void of a Father figure. Many of these young men have raised themselves in the streets while their Mothers have worked their asses off to put food on the table. Many young men nowadays have not learnt how to fully be and behaved like men. Trust me for I’ve been there and done that.

Mario can fix this first year mess however the players, including recruits expect him to fix all the current problems the Program is experiencing, but Mario will not get a third chance to correct his first go around ***** ups.

Mario must fix all issues however he MUST do it in 2023. I fully trust Mario can and will do it.
One of the greatest videos of all-time...

I agree. It is like he knows he is untouchable this early in his contract and he is just doing stuff to prove that he is untouchable. He never struck me as an ego guy but I guess anyone who is making 10 million a year has an ego. We are stuck with him for a while and he knows it. Terrible first year for him.

Advertisement
So the players get a pass? Lmao. How many coaches have we been trough? These program has been dead for years, and these kids are a reflection of today's society. They want everything given to them and not work hard for it. They have no heart, and think they can win on talent alone. If Mario can't turn this program around, no one will ever be able to do so. Now with that said, Gattis does need to go immediately.

So the players get a pass? Lmao. How many coaches have we been trough? These program has been dead for years, and these kids are a reflection of today's society. They want everything given to them and not work hard for it. They have no heart, and think they can win on talent alone. If Mario can't turn this program around, no one will ever be able to do so. Now with that said, Gattis does need to go immediately.
Many of these same players were part of a 7-5 team last year.

Mario Golden and his Woody Hayes offense can’t even improve on that record.

Advertisement
All Programs have similar players and issues which ultimately are up to the man in charge to figure out and fix. Bottom line!!

I mean I'll jump on this grenade and say I'm extremely disappointed in what Mario has done with this season. You look at the below schedule and knowing what we know now about our oppositions' season, that is a 9-10 win season under normal circumstances. We got blown out by MTSU and Duke - two relatively mediocre/bad teams. We get blown out by FSU and Clemson - both games were over in the first quarter. We lose two very close but winnable games to Texas A&M (4-7!) and UNC. Don't forget that we barely won against VT and UVA (two very bad teams that we nearly handed the games to). I can give you Clemson, and I can give you UNC and FSU. But those other losses? Completely unacceptable. As I stated in my post after FSU - this team looks completely lost, ill-prepared and poorly coached. We look bad against just about every team we play. Blame the players, blame the coordinators, blame the previous staff... I don't care. At some point Mario needs to be transparent about HOW he will change things because this will absolutely bleed into the offseason and into next season.

1668909768280.png

Advertisement
First thing Mario should have done several games ago, was to fire Gattiis. That in it of itself would have sent the message to players and coaches that that type of inferior performance/ leadership would not be tolerated. I guarantee you that that type of decision would have prevented many of our current problems. Mario would have shown everyone that he is human, capable of making mistakes that he would fix for the betterment of the Team.

Well he is the head coach and he’s the one who hired a staff *** backwards which hurt with hiring coordinators. Hopefully this was a learning experience. But it starts with him. It’s his job to fix it by flipping the roster and getting more continuity in the coaches offices.

He has an opportunity to make the right changes. Let's see what he is made of. Tenn has probably been just as bad if not worse than Miami the past two decades. 7-5 in year one and we see what they are doing now.

Advertisement
Back