MEGA Everything & Everybody Sucks Megathread for Miserable Mopes & Sorry Slurpers (aka The Basura Bin)

Bottomline - we have been under-coached since the end of the 2001 Sugar Bowl. If Mario values success, winning and the wisdom of those who have wisdom to bring to our program, our coaching will eventually get there. In the meantime, we continue to play worse than our overall talent.

Advertisement
List all of the teams Miami played this year where the opposing team was significantly more talented than UM.

Clemson… that’s it.

The Mario Apologists are going to cling to the narrative that Mario was simply a victim of having the least talented roster in all of FBS apparently.

Hilarious.
It definitely started with the coaching because he hired guys who had no cohesion and history together and he forced mismatched schemes on the talent we had. And with Gattis, he just wasn’t a good play caller to boot. There were a lot of injuries - let’s not take this down a Feld rabbit hole 😂 - and the injuries on the OL especially were devastating. That definitely impacted the QB play but we had a **** OL previously and Lashlee found ways to score points.

While I do think the talent isn’t what we thought, I also think there was way more we could’ve gotten out of it. The whole thing was **** poor. There were about 3-4 games I think the previous staff would have won, disgustingly. MTSU, aTM, Duke and UNC were all winnable this year with our personnel.

There’s blame to go around but it starts at the top. That said, we’ll see what changes are made to staff and scheme and who we get out of High School and from the Portal. Not sure why this keeps getting beat to death by the same people. Most of us get it. We’re waiting to see what’s next.

It definitely started with the coaching because he hired guys who had no cohesion and history together and he forced mismatched schemes on the talent we had. And with Gattis, he just wasn’t a good play caller to boot. There were a lot of injuries - let’s not take this down a Feld rabbit hole 😂 - and the injuries on the OL especially were devastating. That definitely impacted the QB play but we had a **** OL previously and Lashlee found ways to score points.

While I do think the talent isn’t what we thought, I also think there was way more we could’ve gotten out of it. The whole thing was **** poor. There were about 3-4 games I think the previous staff would have won, disgustingly. MTSU, aTM, Duke and UNC were all winnable this year with our personnel.

There’s blame to go around but it starts at the top. That said, we’ll see what changes are made to staff and scheme and who we get out of High School and from the Portal. Not sure why this keeps getting beat to death by the same people. Most of us get it. We’re waiting to see what’s next.
I believe the story where one of the receivers said to Colby during a rather energetic practice "cmon man you makin us look bad"...
I do like your idea of seeing who we get out of high school (or elsewhere) to replace this mindset. But no matter what coaching strategy and scheme we employ, this sorta attitude or focus has to be gone, if we gonna see significant results.

…Purdue is in the B1G championship game with 4 former walk-ons in the starting lineup that are impact players, and giving Michigan a heck of a game so far.

But according to some on this board, “wE dIdN’t hAvE eNoUgH tAlEnT” to beat the likes of MTSU, Duke, Pitt, and a terrible aTm.

No one has said that we didn't have enough talent to beat those teams. Literally no one. But keep padding that post count. We needed to hear from you.

This is post #1 and post #3 of this thread. It should have ended there.

Y'all are gonna drive yourselves nuts this offseason if you don't stop with these useless rant threads.

Y'all are gonna drive yourselves nuts this offseason if you don't stop with these useless rant threads.
Not that this team's fortunes don't seem to make us nuts every year, but c'mon there is a beneficial venting release from opining on either side (for some). Why do people care how many times or how long we go on debating or discussing? Isn't that one of the purposes of this forum, especially off-season? (and can always skip such threads if they upset you)

Advertisement
Not that this team's fortunes don't seem to make us nuts every year, but c'mon there is a beneficial venting release from opining on either side (for some). Why do people care how many times or how long we go on debating or discussing? Isn't that one of the purposes of this forum, especially off-season? (and can always skip such threads if they upset you)

Well, because it is pointless to discuss whether or not 2022 was an unacceptable season. It makes for a toxic board when people make threads like this just to call other posters out......all because Purdue has some walk-ons.

I was going to merge it into the other mega thread bc it’s the same frickin thing over and over. Literally every time we see a team with lesser 247 talent doing well on tv, it’s the same posts and thread just substitute the coach and team each time - wash, rinse, repeat.

It’s becoming a little much.

Well, because it is pointless to discuss whether or not 2022 was an unacceptable season. It makes for a toxic board when people make threads like this just to call other posters out......all because Purdue has some walk-ons.
My personal opinion is it makes a toxic board when a half-dozen or more chime in with "oh Gawd another thread" and sometimes get a bit mean or nasty about it. They certainly don't need to participate (or even read.) But I get your point.

It’s going to go in an existing thread. It was headed there by me but I stopped to respond to something I feel was exaggerated

Advertisement
Oh cool, same thing being said every day in a new thread?

How original.
I merged it. In all candor, the repeat vomiting and other mongoloidan shît is actually running people off the board before ESD. I’m afraid we are going to have to, at a minimum, move some people off these 2 main boards who we really don’t want to do that to in order to stop that. It’s that bad.

Advertisement
Clearly you didn't see very many games in person. We

No but when you have a mediocre roster with no depth and you pile up injuries in important positions you end up with 5-7.
Miami’s roster was “mediocre” and “not deep enough” to avoid getting curb stomped at home by Middle Tennessee State and Duke?

I just never realized it before. That's why I brought it up in the first place. What you said in spanish when you went off on Franco cemented it for me. I'm like "Oh Yeah this dude is definitely Cuban!" LOL

El primer año con Mario fue de pinga hermano!
Sin duda, hermano. Mario necesita que le suenen un chancletazo haber si eso lo despierta. El tipo fallo en grande esta temporada.

#unchancletazopaMario

Advertisement
im assuming all who are annoyed or "chased off" by these discussions and debates wont come in here (or do so at their own risk) and that we are welcome to pontificate and such to our hearts content here with others who are interested in doing that, without being chastised. Am I wrong?

PS if anyone comes in here just to bash those that wanna discuss this I hope the mods will stop their moan and mean game, its tiring and annoying too, ya know?

I haven't kept up with this thread. A couple of things maybe this is the right place.

I don't think anyone envisioned this season the way it played out.

Mario wasn't my first choice, but he sounded the part.

Gattis, he wasn't what I was looking for but I figured who was I to argue about getting a Broyles award winner, etc. So I mostly kept some concerns private, but can we fire this guy already?

Steele, how much did he have left in the tank? How hard headed would he be with what he does and would the players fit his style. Thought we'd be better, now I don't know. Wasn't through the moon with the hire, but I didn't mind it whatsoever.

Loved the Strong hire. Liked the Ponce hire. The rest, wasn't blown away or really anything.

Seemed like the most competent staff we'd assembled in a long *** time if not ever for a new head coach. Time goes by and do they get along, work together well etc?

Things need to change. I'd like to see Mario get a new OC and just get out of his way. Let him make the staff decisions, won't happen, but one can dream. DC, I go back and forth, but keep your eyes open and if something great appears go for it.

What a mess though. I'm just reserved to the idea that this isn't going to end well but hopeful I'm wrong.

im assuming all who are annoyed or "chased off" by these discussions and debates wont come in here (or do so at their own risk) and that we are welcome to pontificate and such to our hearts content here with others who are interested in doing that, without being chastised. Am I wrong?

PS if anyone comes in here just to bash those that wanna discuss this I hope the mods will stop their moan and mean game, its tiring and annoying too, ya know?
I’m not stopping **** and you should assume nothing of the sort.

This is a perfect place for them to come in and fight with you and the other connoisseurs of putridity. This thread is here in its current form because people of the continuous vomitous variety do not know when to dial it back and have been killing the board with 1,000 paper cuts.

I’m good with you all vomiting all you want in here and cannibalizing each other down to tendons and bone fragments in this shîthole.

I won’t be in here unless alerted to an issue. We’re tired of it all over the place out there. We get enough DM’s to know most of the board is also tired of it as well. If you all can keep it here everyone else should be thankful. If not, we have contingency plans to manage it.

Make your choices wisely.

Advertisement
Back