MEGA Everything & Everybody Sucks Megathread for Miserable Mopes & Sorry Slurpers (aka The Basura Bin)

Steele is a fantastic coach. He is not our problem. He may have been drinking some of the Ivey kool-aid after last weeks performance. Now he knows what he has in him and will not be so optimistic about his skill set. He will figure it out. These spread offenses are impossible to stop when you can't cover in man. Steele thought we could cover in man (so did everyone in the country) and he found out that was not the case. Again, he will figure it out. He is to good of a coach not to.

Advertisement
Steele is a fantastic coach. He is not our problem. He may have been drinking some of the Ivey kool-aid after last weeks performance. Now he knows what he has in him and will not be so optimistic about his skill set. He will figure it out. These spread offenses are impossible to stop when you can't cover in man. Steele thought we could cover in man (so did everyone in the country) and he found out that was not the case. Again, he will figure it out. He is to good of a coach not to.
Ok so Steele gets a pass because he has been successful in the past. Now do Gattis.

Not time to can Steele yet imo.
He got caught napping for sure..but that back 7 as a unit is dismal. He can get more creative to hide some issues and play better chess. Like everyone was extolling the Ivey resurgence against TAMU..but look where we lined him up..
Today he got out coached and tbh we gave up in some key spots.
We'll need the D this year to survive complete Armageddon.
I don't agree. It's not Ivey's fault for getting beat on a GO route against a sub 4 4 150 LB WR with no safety help.

I'll keep going back to the same reference. It's like asking a CB to cover Tyrique Hill with no safety help. Nobody would do that, but you expect our big corners to do that.

Getting beat starring in the backfield is one thing (Couch), but getting beat because of speed is entirely different.

It's no knock on Ivey or Stevenson. They are big physical corners. You play to their strengths. You don't ask them to do things that very few NFL CBs do. They don't cover GO routes without safety help. That's not the norm. In fact, teams run GO routes to bring the safety to the WR freeing up other places to throw.

So stupid with the fire everybody after a loss. How about get better kids to come to Miami. thats been the problem here lately. I don't care who coaches here. we needs players that can get it done.
It's awfully difficult to get better kids when you put this product on the field. You think that massive tackle from Connecticut like what he saw today? How about Tyler Williams the wide receiver in the stands watching this trash?

Advertisement
SMH. Steele and Addae are the best coaches on the staff.

There is no scheme to cover up bad CB play while also stopping the run. It doesn't exist.

Ivey's technique and effort on the long TD pass was absolute garbage. What he did on the play IS NOT TAUGHT BY ADDAE. I know that for a fact. He literally took that play off because he thought MTSU was gonna run the ball.

This board is really fvckin' annoying after games. The theories and suggestions are embarrassing. Y'all must get on here while still being drunk.

Steele, Strong, Addae, etc... Have been successful at various stops. They didn't forget how to coach once they got to Miami. This isn't Manny or Golden's green a$s staff that never had success anywhere. Most of these guys are proven.
always appreciate you bringing proper perspective to this board bro, thanks!

SMH. Steele and Addae are the best coaches on the staff.

There is no scheme to cover up bad CB play while also stopping the run. It doesn't exist.

Ivey's technique and effort on the long TD pass was absolute garbage. What he did on the play IS NOT TAUGHT BY ADDAE. I know that for a fact. He literally took that play off because he thought MTSU was gonna run the ball.

This board is really fvckin' annoying after games. The theories and suggestions are embarrassing. Y'all must get on here while still being drunk.

Steele, Strong, Addae, etc... Have been successful at various stops. They didn't forget how to coach once they got to Miami. This isn't Manny or Golden's green a$s staff that never had success anywhere. Most of these guys are proven.

Steele has been proven to get fired from almost every school he has ever been at.

He is trash.

This is why miami has sucked for 20 years. Stop defending people that suck.

No amount of recruits is going to fix our guys not being put in the right positions to win. We can have Bama’s roster & we would still lose games doing what were doing.

Advertisement
Yes they did play 1-on-1 versus TAMU.
They play 1-on-1 versus everybody because that's our scheme.
Corners are always locked onto outside WR's.

And you can't give them Safety help when there's slot WR's on the field bro.
That leaves the middle of the field open.
The weird thing is that TAMU didn't try to bomb us vertically as often as they should have. I'm not really sure why. Each team that's tried has succeeded. I said before that game I thought we had gotten a bit lucky one of their star sub-11 WRs got suspended.

Said this prior to TAMU so I can repeat it here without it being hindsight bias: I were an opposing OC, I'd spread us out, find my favorite speed mismatch (there will automatically be at least 2), and run Lashlee-like verts. I expect UNC to do the same, and I expect Steele to be forced to try some Man 2-Deep Randy-style - at which point we'll most likely get run on or crossed on. Should be fun.

Did Kevin ‘Lexington’ Steele pipe your lady down or somethin?

Bad take here Bubba.

Bad take.

Its called facts. Look up where he has been fired from.

Yea great d coordinators lose to middle Tennessee all the time. Lmfao

Participation trophy U!!!!!

Advertisement
The weird thing is that TAMU didn't try to bomb us vertically as often as they should have. I'm not really sure why. Each team that's tried has succeeded. I said before that game I thought we had gotten a bit lucky one of their star sub-11 WRs got suspended.

Said this prior to TAMU so I can repeat it here without it being hindsight bias: I were an opposing OC, I'd spread us out, find my favorite speed mismatch (there will automatically be at least 2), and run Lashlee-like verts. I expect UNC to do the same, and I expect Steele to be forced to try some Man 2-Deep Randy-style - at which point we'll most likely get run on or crossed on. Should be fun.
We have no pass rush literally anyone committed to the pass should beat us. Doesn't have to be verts our LBs can't cover the middle of the field either.

defense is trash

How the game plan wasn’t to run zone and rely on the DL to eventually takeover is beyond me

I’m giving Steele the benefit of the doubt because he’s proven to be a way better DC than Gattis has as an OC, when looking at their careers

Advertisement
We have no pass rush literally anyone committed to the pass should beat us. Doesn't have to be verts our LBs can't cover the middle of the field either.
Not totally true. ***Some of the LBs we choose to play don't have the foot speed or quickness to cover.

I kinda chuckled when a bunch of people talked up Flagg after the TAMU game. Come on. Watch the game. Flagg is what he is. He's often solid when he's filling gaps, as he did against TAMU. He's likely gonna struggle when he has to get to spots or change directions.

Play the f'in kids. Their mistakes aren't gonna be worse than 80 yard breakdowns.

[But, yes, I got your point]

Corches vs Corches.

Not totally true. ***Some of the LBs we choose to play don't have the foot speed or quickness to cover.

I kinda chuckled when a bunch of people talked up Flagg after the TAMU game. Come on. Watch the game. Flagg is what he is. He's often solid when he's filling gaps, as he did against TAMU. He's likely gonna struggle when he has to get to spots or change directions.

Play the f'in kids. Their mistakes aren't gonna be worse than 80 yard breakdowns.

[But, yes, I got your point]
Same with the people that thought Ivey turned the corner vs TAMU against there vaunted aieral attack. People can do something well and still be bad.

Advertisement
Back