MEGA Everything & Everybody Sucks Megathread for Miserable Mopes & Sorry Slurpers (aka The Basura Bin)

But y’all ready to fire Gattis while the defense has gotten cooked all season
again. it doesn't matter if we bring in Alabama staff tomorrow. if we lost to UNC yall would be yelling fire them too. Everybody needs to be yelling "RECRUIT BETTER" because it's different coaches with the same results. Sooner or later you have to realize it's not the coaches. who does that leave?

Advertisement
I don't think we need to fire him, but he gets an F- for today's performance. MTSU's offensive gameplan worked to perfection. They knew the weak spots and abused them all game. I didn't see any adjustments. He's done pretty well in the run game. Doesn't have our linebackers crashing into lineman and running to the sideline with them. Tackling has been a pleasant surprise so far this season, although today was a disaster.
Obviously, MTSU saw something on film where Steele was rotating his safeties up. Steele did that when MTSU was pinned deep. That’s when they took their shots. They went deep when they had 1 v 1 coverage against our CB with no safety help.

That should never happen. Ivey and Stevenson are big physical corners who perform best with over the top safety help.

Steele put Ivey in a situation where he was covering Tyrique Hill 1v1 with no safety help. That's the type of speed the 150 LB MTSU WR has.

I'm not nearly there with Steele yet. Today was bad, but so far it's an outlier and his recent time as coordinator at Auburn was impressive. Neither of those 2 are true for Gattis whose games here have looked awful as did his offense at Michigan until Harbaugh took it out of his hands to a great extent.

again. it doesn't matter if we bring in Alabama staff tomorrow. if we lost to UNC yall would be yelling fire them too. Everybody needs to be yelling "RECRUIT BETTER" because it's different coaches with the same results. Sooner or later you have to realize it's not the coaches. who does that leave?
Like the NFL, you have to coach the players you have. Yes, they didn't recruit these guys, but they are their guys now.

They also brought plenty of guys from the Portal.

I think Mario has to lay down the law and only play guys that have bought into his culture. It looked like the team did against AtM, then 90% didn't show up for the game today. Not mentally.

Advertisement
You can still win with a okay to bad defense in today’s football..

But you can not. And will not win with a bad/trash offensive play calling.

Not time to can Steele yet imo.
He got caught napping for sure..but that back 7 as a unit is dismal. He can get more creative to hide some issues and play better chess. Like everyone was extolling the Ivey resurgence against TAMU..but look where we lined him up..
Today he got out coached and tbh we gave up in some key spots.
We'll need the D this year to survive complete Armageddon.

Obviously, MTSU saw something on film where Steele was rotating his safeties up. Steele did that when MTSU was pinned deep. That’s when they took their shots. They went deep when they had 1 v 1 coverage against our CB with no safety help.

That should never happen. Ivey and Stevenson are big physical corners who perform best with over the top safety help.

Steele put Ivey in a situation where he was covering Tyrique Hill 1v1 with no safety help. That's the type of speed the 150 LB MTSU WR has.
That first long TD was on Couch. I don't know if he was just a little out of position or totally lost in the play. The 2nd long TD there was no safety help. After that play, Steele should have disguised his packages a little better on 3rd and long. Yeah, the lack of safety help on the 2nd and 3rd long TD's was disappointing. I guess Steele had confidence with our corners going man with their receivers with no safety over the top. They did play their best game against A&M. Crazy to think MTSU's receivers would make it look that easy.

Advertisement
That first long TD was on Couch. I don't know if he was just a little out of position or totally lost in the play. The 2nd long TD there was no safety help. After that play, Steele should have disguised his packages a little better on 3rd and long. Yeah, the lack of safety help on the 2nd and 3rd long TD's was disappointing. I guess Steele had confidence with our corners going man with their receivers with no safety over the top. They did play their best game against A&M. Crazy to think MTSU's receivers would make it look that easy.
They didn't play 1v1 without safety help against AtM. We were getting QB pressure on AtM with 4.

There should he zero confidence of any DB on any team playing 1v1 without safety help when you have a discrepancy in speed.

We have big physical corners. They run a 4.5 40 at best. You're never going to expect 4.5 to cover 4.3 without safety help. Or at least you shouldn't.

The young CBs just make too many mistakes. They should never be left alone regardless of speed.

SMH. Steele and Addae are the best coaches on the staff.

There is no scheme to cover up bad CB play while also stopping the run. It doesn't exist.

Ivey's technique and effort on the long TD pass was absolute garbage. What he did on the play IS NOT TAUGHT BY ADDAE. I know that for a fact. He literally took that play off because he thought MTSU was gonna run the ball.

This board is really fvckin' annoying after games. The theories and suggestions are embarrassing. Y'all must get on here while still being drunk.

Steele, Strong, Addae, etc... Have been successful at various stops. They didn't forget how to coach once they got to Miami. This isn't Manny or Golden's green a$s staff that never had success anywhere. Most of these guys are proven.

They didn't play 1v1 without safety help against AtM. We were getting QB pressure on AtM with 4.

There should he zero confidence of any DB on any team playing 1v1 without safety help when you have a discrepancy in speed.

We have big physical corners. They run a 4.5 40 at best. You're never going to expect 4.5 to cover 4.3 without safety help. Or at least you shouldn't.

The young CBs just make too many mistakes. They should never be left alone regardless of speed.
Yes they did play 1-on-1 versus TAMU.
They play 1-on-1 versus everybody because that's our scheme.
Corners are always locked onto outside WR's.

And you can't give them Safety help when there's slot WR's on the field bro.
That leaves the middle of the field open.

You can't use Safety help for your CB's against all formations. It doesn't work like that.
They have to protect inside/out...meaning the slot WR's are their main priority.

Advertisement
Most people beg us to run man to man until we run man to man and our CBs (at least 3 different ones today) get straight cooked on 4 easy go routes for 80yards a pop.

It isn't scheme when your CBs just get ran past by a 5'7" 155lb WR. Like what do you want Steele to do run 2 deep safeties all game, for the couple plays they throw deep? It's not like Cover 3 or Cover 4 would have changed any of the results from the deep passes. It's not like Ivey playing off would have resulted in him not getting cooked...

Last edited:
Yes they did play 1-on-1 versus TAMU.
They play 1-on-1 versus everybody because that's our scheme.
Corners are always locked onto outside WR's.

And you can't give them Safety help when there's slot WR's on the field bro.
That leaves the middle of the field open.
You can always have safety help. It depends on the defensive scheme you're playing. Zone over the top and man under.

Listen to Mario’s press conference. He said they would look at the coverage schemes they played. He wasn't happy with the scheme.

I think Steele took unnecessary risks. MTSU couldn't run the ball until late in the game when our guys looked like they gave up.

This game was opposite of AtM. It was a cluster **** in every area except special teams. A complete lack of effort for most of the game and looking past the opponent. We've seen it several times this year just not all of them were losses. I think we're probably the only team that got dominated.

Arkansas 38, Missouri St (FCS) 27
App St 17, AtM 14
App St 28, James Madison 32
S. Florida 28, Florida 31
Kent St. 22, UGA 39 (UGA allowed 10 pts all season)
S. Illinois (FCS) 31, Northwestern 24
Marshall 26, ND 21
UNC 35, Georgia St 28

Advertisement
Fire Coach ( name )… how many coaches do we fire? It is just the same result. My God just incredible. How in the heck can scholarship players no want to be here. Has the “NFL U” moniker done is in? Last week, I though we were making progress. Sure I was irritated but we looked like we belong. This week we look like clowns in the first half. What is happening?

SMH. Steele and Addae are the best coaches on the staff.

There is no scheme to cover up bad CB play while also stopping the run. It doesn't exist.

Ivey's technique and effort on the long TD pass was absolute garbage. What he did on the play IS NOT TAUGHT BY ADDAE. I know that for a fact. He literally took that play off because he thought MTSU was gonna run the ball.

This board is really fvckin' annoying after games. The theories and suggestions are embarrassing. Y'all must get on here while still being drunk.

Steele, Strong, Addae, etc... Have been successful at various stops. They didn't forget how to coach once they got to Miami. This isn't Manny or Golden's green a$s staff that never had success anywhere. Most of these guys are proven.
We have seen 3 DC's and Ivy is still the same mess he was. We also lack depth. that's not Mario's fault.
These kids played under Manny and developed alot of bad habits.
We are literally two classes away.

Advertisement
Back